BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End Drummers ?

ABBEY

Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.

• They should be allowed to stay
    • They should be made to go
    • Not bothered either way
    • Its all Groobys Fault.. Get into em.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 7 2007, 18:19 ) 535192[/snapback]
Your probably right.

Theres a fans forum meeting next week, and the DRUMMERS are keen to hear any alternative suggestions, and meet with people who can put something forward.

Come on down Blue Phil ;)

Why exactly does there need to be an alternative to the drummers. Other teams manage to get an atmosphere going without a drum.

My suggestion if we need to keeps drums would be to have one drummer and one only. Also for the drummer to be up at the back of the Blackburn end with the singers. This way they would be more in tune and with the majority of the vocal fans.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The drums have never been a problem for me personally, i've always thought they were good for the atmosphere HOWEVER those plastic bloody horns...god no! I had 2 kids behind me with one EACH for a game last season and they sound bloody awful... they are a cheap replacement for the good old fashioned air horn, which in moderation I don't mind!

The drums have never been a problem for me personally, i've always thought they were good for the atmosphere HOWEVER those plastic bloody horns...god no! I had 2 kids behind me with one EACH for a game last season and they sound bloody awful... they are a cheap replacement for the good old fashioned air horn, which in moderation I don't mind!

Do you ever start chants? To get a few thousand involved? For some one to then start banging a drum to drown our the support for the team and stop it dead in it#s tracks? I do, frequently.

Mum came with me to the Intertoto cup game with me and politely informed me that if i had ever come home with one of those horns when i was younger she would have wrapped it around my neck!!!

Totally agree, really loud, really annoying and the worse thing i have ever come across with a hang over!!!

I kind of wanted to get one-until I heard how much noise they made at the semi-final!

Do you ever start chants? To get a few thousand involved? For some one to then start banging a drum to drown our the support for the team and stop it dead in it#s tracks? I do, frequently.

Not regularly but yes I have... I understand where you're coming from but whenever I have heard that, the rest of the crowd have joined in with the drum rather than with the few people in the top corner.

Another point in support of having a drummer is when the 'Barmy Army' chant gets fairly loud, it can drown out pretty quickly without the drummer as people tend to clap at different intervals, with the drum everyone can hear it and it maintains the noise from the fans.

And you will find that I am semi supportive of having A SINGLE DRUMMER there.

The problem tends to be with Billy's hangers on who feel the need to bang out of TIME (not TUNE FFS!) with the chanting of the crowd. They struggle to keep in time with each other, never mind with a couple of thousand people....

Anyway I've done this to death, Ive spoken to them about it, will it change? Time will tell.

I agree with you, one drummer is sufficient and yes this has been a regular discussion on here... maybe the one drummer could sit next to you? :P

Do you remember when there was a drummer at each end of the ground? well I was sat in the middle of the riverside and because of the time it takes for sound to travel they were so out of time with each other (from my position in the ground) it was unbelievable!

I agree with you, one drummer is sufficient and yes this has been a regular discussion on here... maybe the one drummer could sit next to you? :P

If like that..... at least he would stay in time (if he was actually any good)

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 7 2007, 19:19 ) 535192[/snapback]
Theres a fans forum meeting next week, and the DRUMMERS are keen to hear any alternative suggestions, and meet with people who can put something forward.

The drummers believe they improve or add to the atmosphere, personally I think the exact opposite but would challenge them to prove me wrong.

I think they should hang up their drumsticks for three consecutive games next season. If by the end of the third game the atmosphere is worse than it was before then they will have proved their point. If it is better then it will have showed to them that their efforts as fans are needed but their efforts with the drumsticks are not.

Personally I don't think they will be willing to take up this challenge as they are afraid of it proving that the atmosphere is in fact better without drums, but I would be delighted for them to prove me wrong and put their drumstricks away for three consecuitve games (and then hopefully be convinced to retire them permanently thereafter).

I think they should hang up their drumsticks for three consecutive games next season.

You may be scared, but thats exactly the comment I made to Billy and (i think) Drummer Boy when talking to them in Amsterdam before the Feyenoord game.

And you will find that I am semi supportive of having A SINGLE DRUMMER there.

Oh i bet the poor lad`s single alright! ;)

lol!

Why exactly does there need to be an alternative to the drummers. Other teams manage to get an atmosphere going without a drum.

My suggestion if we need to keeps drums would be to have one drummer and one only. Also for the drummer to be up at the back of the Blackburn end with the singers. This way they would be more in tune and with the majority of the vocal fans.

You wouldn't say that if you sat at the back :rover:

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 7 2007, 19:19 ) 535192[/snapback]

Come on down Blue Phil ;)

There doesn't need to be a list of alternative suggestions surely . I certainly won't be wasting my time talking with people who are so blind to the weight of opinion against them .

Let there be a trial period without their "contribution" at the very least .

During that period maybe they could give up their free tickets - I take it they do have free tickets ........not that I'm suggesting that's anything to do with their reluctance to listen to the majority view of the fans :rolleyes:

majority view of the fans :rolleyes:

But is it the majority view?

If you are basing it off the poll & comments on this messageboard then that is a very small number indeed compared to the regular 14-15,000 Rovers fans who are on the ground. According to the stats there are just short of 2,500 members registered on here, half of which probably do not post anyway.

The best thing would be (if people want it to happen) to send out a questionnaire type thing with the season tickets (or seperately) and see what the response is. It could also include other general issues on matchday.

Edited by Ben-2000

Any fool can see that the drummers start the same old songs (Rovers or Gerrinto 'em). Any other of our many tunes started by the fans are quickly ended by the drummers being out of time.

If your're still undecided, watch a home game on TV, they are awful. Could this be why we have such little coverage on MOTD?

:brfc:

I'm off the same opinion Ben. I side just off the flanks to them and it hasn't bothered me at all. In fairness they can be fairly loud, but I'm usually too engaged into whats happening on the pitch, never mind around me.

Any fool can see that the drummers start the same old songs (Rovers or Gerrinto 'em). Any other of our many tunes started by the fans are quickly ended by the drummers being out of time.

If your're still undecided, watch a home game on TV, they are awful. Could this be why we have such little coverage on MOTD?

Not just MOTD. for live games the TV producer kills the mic at the BBE. Some atmosphere we apprear to generate then!! Sweet Fanny Adams.

Also explains why we ALWAYS seems to be being outsung by 1 man and his dog in the darwen end. Never mind 8800 scallies or mancs

Not just MOTD. for live games the TV producer kills the mic at the BBE. Some atmosphere we apprear to generate then!! Sweet Fanny Adams.

Also explains why we ALWAYS seems to be being outsung by 1 man and his dog in the darwen end. Never mind 8800 scallies or mancs

Another good reason to have 'em transported to a penal colony with only their drumsticks for oars.

Edited by MCMC1875

Another good reason to have 'em transported to the colonies using their drumsticks for oars.

A good and valid one. Together with their inability to keep time with the crowd ( and the time delay casue by the speed of sound ), replace the drummers with a metronome played through the PA.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.