BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End Drummers ?

ABBEY

Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.

• They should be allowed to stay
    • They should be made to go
    • Not bothered either way
    • Its all Groobys Fault.. Get into em.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's about you all sing loud enough so that the drummer doesnt need to help us!! If we were really loud and had some proper football songs then there would be no need for him, however our songs lack originality.

Why do our songs lack originality?

Because everything is punctuated with THUD THUD THUD THUD

When something starts, attempts are/were made to punctuate it by THUD THUD THUD THUD

I'm not a fan of having a drummer either. We have a chance to prove we don't need him on Saturday week when Everton come to town. Surely we don't need Hughes to get the crowd going again for that one. Huge game, big crowd, let's get behind them from the off like we did against City at the start of the season.

Edited by CircoWill

Nope i wont drum its an embarrasment......

cmon you old blackburn enders lets put our thoughts down as to what we would of done in the old days with the drum and drummer

Agree Abbey

And in answer .... exactly what used to happen with the teddy bears :D (and scarves sometimes)

Lack of atmosphere seems to be a problem throughout the Premier league at the moment. Granted not every club has a bad atmosphere but you have Alex Ferguson complaining about the lack of atmosphere at Old Trafford. Chelsea, Bolton, Wigan, Middlesborough, Fulham, Man City, none of these clubs seem to have that much atmosphere at home games, I listened to the Everton v Chelsea game last night and I doubt think there was much atmosphere at that game either.

I think the atmosphere will improve without the drummer but there needs to be a joint effort from the club aswell as the supporters. Sad to say that the club need to get involved but thats the way I think it needs to be now at Ewood.

Fair enough. Maybe its not a case of not having a drummer, just having a better one! Abbey, I'll keep my seat in JW upper but promise to initiate the chants from up there if you take over the drumming for a match and show us how it should be done!

I've made this point time and time again. It's not whether or not we need a better drummer, but simply a matter of physics. Sound takes time to get travel across the stands, so by the time he hears a chant at the corners of the stand and copies it, it's completely out of time. This will forever be the case no matter who drums.

And for those who moan that we moan, do you not understand anything we've said about his antics ruining the atmosphere. It will take some considerable time without him for people to learn how to chant again. We used to do it without him and we can do it again. Miracles won't happen overnight.

Lack of atmosphere seems to be a problem throughout the Premier league

Not just the Premier League - but at most games nowadays it will be the away Fans making the most noise.

The reason that people think there is atmosphere at the bigger grounds tends to be because of that particular reason - that there are more fans there- but if you go as an away fan you tend to find the only noise they make is when they score a goal.

The only ones - from experience which tend to be half decent are West Ham/Spurs and Portsmouth.

Each club has its own problems and can be equally as good or as bad as each other - Rovers are no different.

And for those who moan that we moan, do you not understand anything we've said about his antics ruining the atmosphere. It will take some considerable time without him for people to learn how to chant again. We used to do it without him and we can do it again. Miracles won't happen overnight.

Well if the majority of fans don't want a drummer (which is obviously isn't the case), they would all have jumped at the chance and taken the opportunity to sing/chant without him being there on the 2 occasions he has been missing this season, even if it was just to make a point!

Edited by Ben-2000

I think the atmosphere has got better this season..and on the subject of quiet grounds...old Trafford can be a mausoleum when they are losing..75,000 can be as quiet as 20,000...

Edited by chocky

Keep the drummer!

To be fair, we get out-sung when the Drummer is there and the opposition bring a few.... but having said that, against 'Boro and Chelsea he wasnt there and it was a bit of an embarrassment to be honest.

Hope he's back against Everton!

I understand that next season the drummer may well be otherwise engaged - let's hope all you "anti's" are up to proving how right you have been all along and that the atmosphere improves immeasurably.

Can you actually remember the pre drummer days?

These drums have created a lose lose situation and its going to take a while to break the habit and let a natural football atmosphere take over again.

Short term pain for long term gain. A bit like giving up smoking. Think you need it then realise it was a waste of time.

• 4 weeks later...

Not exactly on the "BBE drummer" theme......but,

This morning i caught the last 20mins of "The Big Match" on ITV4.

It was a retro look at a program broadcast 25years ago. Everton were playing cup holders Spurs in the FA cup 5th round (Everton won 2-0 with ex-rover Jim Arnold in goal & Howard Kendall the boss)....anyway, that`s not what i`m on about.

The thing what struck me most was the atnosphere in the ground. Packed terracing, swaying & bouncing crowd, loads of chanting, singing, banter between the sets of fans (remember that?)....& most of all, no bl00dy PA system drowning everything out.

It just made me realise what a sterile product football is becoming.

I blame it all on the demise of the terrace :(

I've been to 4 games at Ewood this season, I think the atmos has been pretty good, not miles better than last season or anything, but just good. Anyway, I'm writing this because today on Five Live Sports Xtra the commentator, not sure who, completely slated our support "Rovers fans are a pretty sedate lot at the best of times, but they are very quiet today'.....obviously I wasn't there today, but Ive been to enough footie down the years to know that we aren't any quieter than your average club....so why do we get comments like that? Beggers belief sometimes!!

Guest fernhurstblue

the crowd was very quiet today - in the first half it never got going and in the secong half only after the third goal went in - by the time the fourth had gone in, about 20% of the crowd had gone!!

cant explain why it was so quiet for a derby match, but there is no doubt (imo) that it was.

Not exactly on the "BBE drummer" theme......but,

This morning i caught the last 20mins of "The Big Match" on ITV4.

It was a retro look at a program broadcast 25years ago. Everton were playing cup holders Spurs in the FA cup 5th round (Everton won 2-0 with ex-rover Jim Arnold in goal & Howard Kendall the boss)....anyway, that`s not what i`m on about.

The thing what struck me most was the atnosphere in the ground. Packed terracing, swaying & bouncing crowd, loads of chanting, singing, banter between the sets of fans (remember that?)....& most of all, no bl00dy PA system drowning everything out.

It just made me realise what a sterile product football is becoming.

I blame it all on the demise of the terrace :(

yeh i watched this as well and thought the same thing.

absolutely pathetic atmosphere on ewood yesterday. even at 3-1 up and cruising the only songs that could just about be heard were the really creative and imaginative 'going down' and the embarrassing drummer lead 'barmy army' chant.

still its not just ewood where the atmosphere is often rubbish.

yeh i watched this as well and thought the same thing.

absolutely pathetic atmosphere on ewood yesterday. even at 3-1 up and cruising the only songs that could just about be heard were the really creative and imaginative 'going down' and the embarrassing drummer lead 'barmy army' chant.

still its not just ewood where the atmosphere is often rubbish.

Not been to Rovers recently have you? 3-1 is nowhere NEAR enough to get a positive atmosphere going- at that point people are still hugging themselves, rocking backwards and forwards and whispering in a pained voice "blow the ******** whistle" ad nauseam. 4-0 with a minute to go, and the place will be rocking!!!

;)

Maybe it was just me but I noticed yesterday two things involving the drummer:

-Him and Jaskelainen mouthing off at each other

-Some guy taking the drum and sarcastically banging it in his face?

Didn't think the atmosphere was that bad yesterday in all honesty.

Just got back from a weekend in Madrid and we went to see the Real Madrid v Getafe game on Sunday night which is a local derby of sorts as Getafe are based on the outskirts of Madrid.

The Bernabau stadium was absolutely magnificent and has a capacity of 87000. It was fascinating to compare the atmosphere from that game to a typical Premiership game or to that at Ewood Park.

It was a dire performance on the night from Real who lost 1-0 and who had Van Horseface, Heinze and Robben playing for them. Royston Drenthe who was also briefly linked with us came on and didn't look anything that special at all.

It must have been a real off night for Madrid as they had been five points clear of Barca at the top going into Sunday's round of fixtures and that may have had an adverse effect on the atmosphere. Nevertheless the ground wasn't full by any means (I'd say at least 7000 empty seats) and the only atmosphere came from countless air horns which kept the atmosphere reasonably lively despite a complete lack of singing from either set of fans. There was only one very small section of fans behind one goal attempting to sing, which they did more or less throughout.

Afficionados of the drummer at Ewood will also be delighted to know Real also had three drummers (probably unofficial) in various points of the ground trying to whip up atmosphere intermittently! :lol:

If Sunday night was typical I can only conclude that lack of atmosphere is definitely an all seater stadia thing rather than a Premiership thing, and that the atmosphere at most Premiership grounds, Ewood included is much better than that apparent at the Bernabau the other night.

As for the game itself, very poor fare, both teams standing two yards off one another and tackling virtually non existent. Again on that basis give me the Premiership any day.

One thing I would say though, if anyone is in Madrid, you must do the tour of the ground and museum. Absolutely magnificent. Apparently Real or their players have won over 10,000 trophies or awards during their history.

Just got back from a weekend in Madrid and we went to see the Real Madrid v Getafe game on Sunday night which is a local derby of sorts as Getafe are based on the outskirts of Madrid.

The Bernabau stadium was absolutely magnificent and has a capacity of 87000. It was fascinating to compare the atmosphere from that game to a typical Premiership game or to that at Ewood Park.

It was a dire performance on the night from Real who lost 1-0 and who had Van Horseface, Heinze and Robben playing for them. Royston Drenthe who was also briefly linked with us came on and didn't look anything that special at all.

It must have been a real off night for Madrid as they had been five points clear of Barca at the top going into Sunday's round of fixtures and that may have had an adverse effect on the atmosphere. Nevertheless the ground wasn't full by any means (I'd say at least 7000 empty seats) and the only atmosphere came from countless air horns which kept the atmosphere reasonably lively despite a complete lack of singing from either set of fans. There was only one very small section of fans behind one goal attempting to sing, which they did more or less throughout.

Afficionados of the drummer at Ewood will also be delighted to know Real also had three drummers (probably unofficial) in various points of the ground trying to whip up atmosphere intermittently! :lol:

If Sunday night was typical I can only conclude that lack of atmosphere is definitely an all seater stadia thing rather than a Premiership thing, and that the atmosphere at most Premiership grounds, Ewood included is much better than that apparent at the Bernabau the other night.

As for the game itself, very poor fare, both teams standing two yards off one another and tackling virtually non existent. Again on that basis give me the Premiership any day.

One thing I would say though, if anyone is in Madrid, you must do the tour of the ground and museum. Absolutely magnificent. Apparently Real or their players have won over 10,000 trophies or awards during their history.

Getafe's qoal was quality, when Madrid were still celebrating a goal which had been disallowed Getafe took the free kick quickly and burst up the other end and scored!

It ended up about 4 Getafe attackers v 2 Madrid defenders :lol:

Getafe's qoal was quality, when Madrid were still celebrating a goal which had been disallowed Getafe took the free kick quickly and burst up the other end and scored!

It ended up about 4 Getafe attackers v 2 Madrid defenders :lol:

Exactly, that rattled the natives cages sufficiently to liven the atmosphere up for a while but even that sort of soon subsided.

:)

Don't know if you're allowed those air horns in this country, or where to get them, but the right number of those in the BBE would make it sound like a cracking atmosphere even when there is none if you see what I mean.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.