BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End Drummers ?

ABBEY

Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.

• They should be allowed to stay
    • They should be made to go
    • Not bothered either way
    • Its all Groobys Fault.. Get into em.

Exactly, that rattled the natives cages sufficiently to liven the atmosphere up for a while but even that sort of soon subsided.

:)

Don't know if you're allowed those air horns in this country, or where to get them, but the right number of those in the BBE would make it sound like a cracking atmosphere even when there is none if you see what I mean.

Could be worth a try, as long as they are the horns that sound decent on the TV when I watch Spanish football and not the horns which are so annoying when it's kids for a kid at Ewood.....

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burnley fans show they do have a brain cell between them! :o

Pity our fans were never given the option to vote on the drummer boy!

Well done them. Incidentally this is related to their new singing area. IMO were there to be a singing area created, it would significantly improve the atmosphere at Ewood but only if it were to be accompanied by a drumming ban, otherwise it would be in vain.

I had to laugh when the Bumley link said 'goal' music :lol:

I can imagine the tannoy operator ont` Turd (looking like Mrs Overall) rummidging around, looking for the record, blowing the dust off it, winding the gramaphone up & the goal music crackling into life!

(by that time, play would`ve started up again)

acornantiques.jpg

Edited by cletus

• 4 months later...
Just seen this, the drummer has decided to retire as he's now got arthritis.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...overs_drummer_/

The drummer was sat in the riverside towards the Darwen end on saturday, obviously hes been run out of the Blackburn end disappointed for the lad because he obviously tried to generate an atmosphere but was hounded down, Sad, his heart was in the right place.

Edited by JAL

The drummer was sat in the riverside towards the Darwen end on saturday, obviously hes been run out of the Blackburn end disappointed for the lad because he obviously tried to generate an atmosphere but was hounded down, Sad, his heart was in the right place.

Have you actually read the article???

Bill wouldn't have retired (and neither would Martin) if it weren't for the impact drumming has on the joints and tendons. I wish him all the best and will shake his hand again when I next see him.

I'm torn on this because I've been moaning for him to b****r off for years, but then having witnessed the deafening slience coming from the BBE in his absence during the Hull game, I was starting to want him to return!

I can only hope that the BBEnders start to get some songs going again now that they don't have any drumming to interfere. The contrast between us and the Hull fans who were superb and sang nearly all match couldn't have been greater. Yes I know they were away fans & on a high with being in the Prem for the first time, but it was still an embarrassing contrast.

I only get to Ewood 4-5 games a season, but I'm going to try and get BBE tickets next time to try and help the singing along.

I wonder if they'll let me in with my guitar?

common lads, lets make ewood the noisest loudest ground in the country again.

We cannot allow ourself to become silent like most other grounds around the country nor can we dwell on the loss of our drummer.

It's time now to start raise the roof and start making Ewood the loudest ground in the country again.

We have to try to get people in the Jack Walker to start singing as well.

Edited by scotchrover

• Backroom

We cannot allow ourself to become silent like most other grounds around the country nor can we dwell on the loss of our drummer.

It's time now to start raise the roof and start making Ewood the loudest ground in the country again.

Whadderya mean.. TRY to get people in the JW to start singing????? WE DO !!!! -_-

:huh: when was that then? :huh:

It`s simple....bring back a standing area.

Very inspiring, but it's a pity you didn't post it 12 years or so ago.

Bill-injurylawyersforyou.com is waiting to hear from you. Your injury is on a par with recent claims we have completed successfully for clients with Vibration White Finger. A company the size of Blackburn Rovers will have very deep pockets, and are very keen on good PR-just search the internet for Multi Faith Prayer Room.

Whilst I don't wish ill health on anybody, I'm delighted that Bill Toland is retiring from drumming.

I remember a couple of years ago at an away game I tried to engage Mr Toland in a polite conversation to let him know that many supporters found his drumming quite infuriating, but he just gave me a blank stare.

I rather hope that his severe arthritis and his admission that his joints are completely worn out through the constant thumping of drums, may serve to act as a warning to other unscrupulous individuals who might be tempted to indulge in the mindless pursuit of drumming.

John Williams and Tom Finn seem to be living in cloud cuckoo land if they think that the constant thudding of drums is hugely popular with supporters. On the contrary, many fans found the drumming completely vexatious.

I'd be interested if anybody could confirm the rumour that Bill Toland benefited from free football tickets as a drummer. If that rumour is true, I find it quite disgusting that somebody so deeply unpopular could get free tickets - somebody who has ended up with arthritis as a result of it.

Anybody thinking about taking over the drumstick from Mr Toland, please do NOT engage in this activity, which will eventually play havoc with your joints.

You have been warned....

Whilst I don't wish ill health on anybody, I'm delighted that Bill Toland is retiring from drumming.

I remember a couple of years ago at an away game I tried to engage Mr Toland in a polite conversation to let him know that many supporters found his drumming quite infuriating, but he just gave me a blank stare.

I rather hope that his severe arthritis and his admission that his joints are completely worn out through the constant thumping of drums, may serve to act as a warning to other unscrupulous individuals who might be tempted to indulge in the mindless pursuit of drumming.

John Williams and Tom Finn seem to be living in cloud cuckoo land if they think that the constant thudding of drums is hugely popular with supporters. On the contrary, many fans found the drumming completely vexatious.

I'd be interested if anybody could confirm the rumour that Bill Toland benefited from free football tickets as a drummer. If that rumour is true, I find it quite disgusting that somebody so deeply unpopular could get free tickets - somebody who has ended up with arthritis as a result of it.

Anybody thinking about taking over the drumstick from Mr Toland, please do NOT engage in this activity, which will eventually play havoc with your joints.

You have been warned....

Nice, very nice.

Although I am not doubting it , I find the bit about the blank stare a bit strange AESF as Billy is certainly a very chatty person - and welcomed comments but not in an impolite manner (whether he took them on board only he can say). As I have posted previously, I have been out of my way to have a chat with Billy previously on a few occasions as I didn't like the aspect of the drum full stop nevermind the incoherent tunes, would be interesting to know if anybody else did in an amicable way.

With regard to JW & TF I tend to agree but it would appear they can only go on what they probably hear from certain sections of the fans with that certain section probably being the ones that don't complain if you get my meaning. Adding to that how many have actually expressed their dislike to the club?

What we should not forget is that Billy has followed the club for many a year even before the drum and at the end of the day is a True Blue.

I agree I hope nobody else takes up the mantle of another drum but at the end of the day he was only doing something that he thought contributed to the atmosphere - if those that didn't agree showed as much effort towards generating one then there would be no need for anybody to even think about a drum again.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

Judging by Wednesday evening, the absence of the drummer will aid the creation of new songs. Very difficult to get a new song going when there are only those immedatly about that can hear and try to join in. Then after 2 mins of maybe getting somewhere, "boom, boom boom" ( sorry that was blackadder ), "bang, bang, bang, bang"... new song fizzels out to be replaced by "Gerrin to um".

New era, onwards and upwards...

I know quite a few 'proper' drummers who`ve played in rock bands & also military bands.

Many have played for years & needed to practice almost every day.

Very few of them complain of arthritis........but then again, they do tend to vary what beats they play <_<

If the drummer puts a claim in for repetative strain injuries......& wins, then half the lower BBE should be able to claim aswell for 'repetative tedium to the ears' ;)

#good luck to the drummer guy in his retirement# ;)

Bill-injurylawyersforyou.com is waiting to hear from you. Your injury is on a par with recent claims we have completed successfully for clients with Vibration White Finger. A company the size of Blackburn Rovers will have very deep pockets, and are very keen on good PR-just search the internet for Multi Faith Prayer Room.

A right load of old tosh indeed from mr Toland! I have no problem with arthritis in my hands despite 30 years of synchro-clapping home and away. I suspect his condition may have more to do with the cold running water in Huncoat's houses and neglecting to wear proper clothing in Winter.

Vocal support for the first home game of the season was pretty feeble and once again we were outsung by the away fans. Those people who wanted to get rid of the drummer dont seem to be making up for his absence by singing. Or maybe it was the lack of having much to cheer about on the pitch...

Why do folks think they need to criticize the drummer for saying he has arthritis? Many people get it who don't lead lives any different from others. For whatever reason he has decided he will not be drumming any more so that's it.

Quit the moaning and get singing. You've no excuse to hide behind any more ;)

Edited by roversmum

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.