BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End Drummers ?

ABBEY

Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.

• They should be allowed to stay
    • They should be made to go
    • Not bothered either way
    • Its all Groobys Fault.. Get into em.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should read back to post 70 of this thread? I do believe it alludes to the issue of free tickets for the drummers.

Well I've just read the post (by Drummer Boy) and it refers only to the (non) issue of free tickets years ago and not to the much more recent alleged free tickets to Mr Toland .

I don't think anyone has anything other than sympathy to the bloke with regards his arthritis but he should have gone years ago .........and the club should have listened to the fans overwhelming anti drumming views as well . It says something when even Burnley are more clued up when it comes to listening to their fans than our lot .

My previous post wasn't meant to be insensitive, but apologies if it came across that way. With hindsight my post could have been better put and the tone of it may not have come across well.

However I was just trying to put forward my particular loathing for the constant thumping of drums at matches. It's an issue which divides opinion and there are strong views on either side, but I believe the majority of supporters - as indicated by the present opinion poll results on here - are against the drummers.

At the time of posting this, the opinion poll result on here suggests that a clear majority of fans dislike the drumming. I believe that John Williams and Tom Finn misguidedly seemed to think that the drummers were universally popular and that was the point I was trying to get across in my previous post.

Blue Phil articulated better than I did my thoughts on this....

I don't think anyone has anything other than sympathy to the bloke with regards his arthritis but he should have gone years ago .........and the club should have listened to the fans overwhelming anti drumming views as well .

It says something when even Burnley are more clued up when it comes to listening to their fans than our lot .

Who knows and who cares?

I've met him quite a few times, he's a proper nice guy who supports the Rovers with heart and soul, and in his case it appears the health of his joints.

I didn't think the drum helped our support home or away, but then home support for Rovers is quiet and away is lacking in numbers, so it's hard to fault a guy who has spent 20 odd years trying to encourage both to overachieve.

Hope Billy is made to feel welcome in the Riverside - I'd always buy him a pint.

Who knows and who cares?

I've met him quite a few times, he's a proper nice guy who supports the Rovers with heart and soul, and in his case it appears the health of his joints.

I didn't think the drum helped our support home or away, but then home support for Rovers is quiet and away is lacking in numbers, so it's hard to fault a guy who has spent 20 odd years trying to encourage both to overachieve.

Hope Billy is made to feel welcome in the Riverside - I'd always buy him a pint.

Agreed, top bloke, heart in the right place, I wasn't for the drummers myself, but he did get the crowd going when we went quiet, sometimes in very important times & matches both for our players and club.

We REALLY stepped up to the mark against Hull didn't we? The BBE was dead, the guys around us were trying to get things going, but no, lets sing about the bogs instead?!

We'll have to do much better , otherwise we'll end up like most of the other libraries...

• 2 weeks later...
According to the official site MB, the drum will return tomorrow. :o

Not my cup of tea at all, but hey.............

It has been the subject of speculation about a move to Newcastle United. According to NE journo Oliver Alan, they are looking at bringing the large percussion piece in to replace a fat lad from Wallsend, who fell out with the board over installing patio heaters on the stantions at St James.

QUOTE (Ste B @ Sep 12 2008, 20:32 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Superb, the club have given it 1 game to see if the atmosphere improves.

They didn't give it much bloody time for the atmosphere to develop without it .....:rolleyes:

I'm beginning to despair at some of the decisions coming out of the club . Do they deliberately canvass opinion on a subject and then do the opposite ?

Where the Fans Forum consulted on this .........or was their consent taken for granted ? <_<

I pictured a can of stella being thrown across the room when I first read that :lol:

picking g/f up later so no beer but there is a chilly sauce trail from my balti house kebab dribbling down my telly...i may just go down and shove the stick up his arse tommorow as ive no little un with me....ah well at least my throat wont hurt for a week like after the hull game as i wont be singing any thing @#/? drums.

Naughty, talk about baiting a trap.

I read the post earlier, yes it will return, the son of Billy. He does however state it will not be used as previous.

He says, he will only use it to drum up :lol: support, when needed (lack of vocal support) :o

I'm sure Billy said in his LET article that he was off to sit in the Riverside with his kids? If it's really son of Billy - does that mean the drum will be in the Riverside??

Let's hope so, so the BBE can get back to singing.

I'm sure Billy said in his LET article that he was off to sit in the Riverside with his kids? If it's really son of Billy - does that mean the drum will be in the Riverside??

Let's hope so, so the BBE can get back to singing.

Just been back into the official site, there is some confusion as to who the drummer actually is. Not that it matters that much, a drummer is a drummer. he used to drum with Billy.

Re: Drummers

by 619hustle on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:09 pm

it was an honour drumming with bill

and i'd be honoured to carry on for him

i think that if i start drumming again, id do it the way i wanted to when billy was doin it

just drumming when it needs doing, not for every song but just when it needs doin

thoughts?

and this his last post

i will be drumming on saturday, but not like the old drummer used to, i'll drum when i think it needs doing, the drums do not belong at away games and will not be making any appearances at away games because there just not needed

<_<^_^:o:D:lol:

Must admit the atmosphere against Grimsby was poor, Couldn't get to the Hull game so can't comment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.