BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End Drummers ?

ABBEY

Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.

• They should be allowed to stay
    • They should be made to go
    • Not bothered either way
    • Its all Groobys Fault.. Get into em.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy believes he is doing a good job,Billy believes he 'gets the atmosphere going'.........silly Billy just wont listen.

He likes the camera shots of him jumping around like a 10 year old....the rest of us just cover our eyes and look away.

Send him to Burnley to play with Chico.

:brfc:

Guest fernhurstblue
Those fecking air horns can go into your home-made petrol drums too!

Petition: We go round in circles on this and nothing ever gets done about it... if anyone's interested, have a look at this petition.

signed and link added to signature :rover:

The one drummer was fine but I agree that since the others have come along it has got a bit silly and has annoyed a lot more people.

I won't be signing the petition as I think Billy has done a good job in getting the atmosphere going and i'd like it to continue... but preferably on his own or with someone who can do it properly!

The one drummer was fine but I agree that since the others have come along it has got a bit silly and has annoyed a lot more people.

I won't be signing the petition as I think Billy has done a good job in getting the atmosphere going and i'd like it to continue... but preferably on his own or with someone who can do it properly!

Totally agree with you Ben.

how does it add to the atmosphere when hes banging at the goalie on goal kicks?or clapping with the drum ??or stopping chants by doing a total different beat??or doing sill bongo drumming??

Do not despair ABBEY, do not retire from singing......come & join the Riverside choir!! Any drummer entering the Riverside will get the same treatment the Bolton fans got! :tu:

im a drummer, well was a drummer i cant be bothered doing it anymore as the fun has gone out of it since i started when we beat united 4-3.

i cant believe some people have the balls to say that i should be banned from seeing the team that i love play football just because i choose to get behind the team differently to you guys.

I agree with you all that the place would be better if everyone just sang and there was no drums because i go to a lot of away games and far more prefer away games to home games.

so im going to try to tell billy to not drum for a few games so we can try and get atmosphere back or to prove that oen of us is needed.

i can understand how we are annoying and i apologise for that but to say we should be chucked out of ewood for supporting a team and loving a team (To the point of getting it inked on) is wrong.

end of the day im not just a guy with a drum, im a massive massive massive rovers fan and if your saying that just because i drum i should be forced out?

###### bullshit

but in the meantime, im a reasonable guy and im not drumming at the game today so hopefully we can be proved wrong lets get behind the team.

oh and as for new drum beats?

sing us a new ###### song and we'll come up with something new

im a drummer, well was a drummer i cant be bothered doing it anymore as the fun has gone out of it since i started when we beat united 4-3.

i cant believe some people have the balls to say that i should be banned from seeing the team that i love play football just because i choose to get behind the team differently to you guys.

I agree with you all that the place would be better if everyone just sang and there was no drums because i go to a lot of away games and far more prefer away games to home games.

so im going to try to tell billy to not drum for a few games so we can try and get atmosphere back or to prove that oen of us is needed.

i can understand how we are annoying and i apologise for that but to say we should be chucked out of ewood for supporting a team and loving a team (To the point of getting it inked on) is wrong.

end of the day im not just a guy with a drum, im a massive massive massive rovers fan and if your saying that just because i drum i should be forced out?

###### bullshit

but in the meantime, im a reasonable guy and im not drumming at the game today so hopefully we can be proved wrong lets get behind the team.

WELL SAID THAT MAN - I've given up debating this topic on this MB as it is a circular discussion that ends up with personal abuse and people competing to be the "cleverest" in describing what they would like to do to the drummers, yet they never never create an atmosphere that renders Billy and his ilk redundant

I was one of the first drummers some ten years ago but only did it for a year as it was, in effect, a commitment on one of my only free days of the week, it put an obligation on me, I had a cool seat at the back centre of the BBE and did not want to be moved around the ground or to the front. In other words, the day is no longer your own and it's almost a job on the one day when you can have a blow out or at least bot be constrained by obligations. Please consider the commitment being made by these fellas.

Finally, the club asked two blokes who turned up with bhodrans for a Sheff Wednesday match to start the drumming due to what they described as the "funereal atmosphere" around the ground and the difference they made at the Wednesday match - it's in the hands of those of us who are able to get to the ground to change those circumstances.

WELL SAID THAT MAN - I've given up debating this topic on this MB as it is a circular discussion that ends up with personal abuse and people competing to be the "cleverest" in describing what they would like to do to the drummers, yet they never never create an atmosphere that renders Billy and his ilk redundant

I was one of the first drummers some ten years ago but only did it for a year as it was, in effect, a commitment on one of my only free days of the week, it put an obligation on me, I had a cool seat at the back centre of the BBE and did not want to be moved around the ground or to the front. In other words, the day is no longer your own and it's almost a job on the one day when you can have a blow out or at least bot be constrained by obligations. Please consider the commitment being made by these fellas.

Finally, the club asked two blokes who turned up with bhodrans for a Sheff Wednesday match to start the drumming due to what they described as the "funereal atmosphere" around the ground and the difference they made at the Wednesday match - it's in the hands of those of us who are able to get to the ground to change those circumstances.

And what do the club know?

i dont think any genuine rovers fans actually want the drummer boys to be thrown out of ewood, just the drums.

stopping drumming for one or two games here & there will not do it- please please please give it a full season.

It will take time for the atmosphere to come back.

no drums are the future.

Along with Abbey, I've started many songs on the crush barriers of the old BBE. There was always the right side and the left side singing - there still is - and you had to keep the song going until both sides caught on - some got the whole end singing, some didn't. A drummer in the middle makes this near impossible. If the drummer gets a free ticket he is always going to be wearing rose tinted glasses.

Thankfully the end is nigh.

It will take a long time for the singing to recover.

i dont get free tickets to get in

i wouldnt accept them as i'd rather pay as i feel its service to the club to pay.

just incase you were wondering

I never got a free ticket either - I don't believe the current people get a freebie, but could be wrong

What do the club know? There's a topic for a separate thread!

I think it's a catch 22 situation.

Most would argue that it's impossible to start anything new when the drummer is going off on one. People just can't be arsed competing with a drum. Also, one of the main ways a new song spreads is by a small group of people starting and then others hear the words and join in until the song spreads over the whole end - but you can't hear it when theres an almighty BOING BANG BOING.

Nobody is saying you should be banned - drummers should be banned with their drums but welcomed into the stadium if they want to sing like the rest of us. I just can't understand why these individuals wish to drum anyway. I personally think they must have some kind of attention deficit which makes them feel like when they drum they are doing the club and fans a great service.

Well your not so just ###### off with your drums!

scotty ..NOONE has said for the drummers to banned from ewood..just the drums !!!!

has mcm said we never had drums before you was born so dont say without the drums theres no atmosphere.Have you ever chatted to fans of other teams? i do on a daily basis and they all say when are you getting rid of the pathetic drums.

like I said earlier YOU DRUMMERS WIN... ive retired from starting chamts after the farce of the last game...

can you tell me what sort of buzz you get from banging at the oppositions goalie??because it makes you lot look sad and childish and shows the entire rovers up. as for saying start new chants and you will drum to them

GET IT THRU YOUR "LOOKAT ME MOMMA IM TV" SKULL.....WE DONT WANT DRUMS FORGODS SAKE.

Edited by ABBEY

scotty ..NOONE has said for the drummers to banned from ewood..just the drums !!!!

has mcm said we never had drums before you was born so dont say without the drums theres no atmosphere.Have you ever chatted to fans of other teams? i do on a daily basis and they all say when are you getting rid of the pathetic drums.

like I said earlier YOU DRUMMERS WIN... ive retired from starting chamts after the farce of the last game...

can you tell me what sort of buzz you get from banging at the oppositions goalie??because it makes you lot look sad and childish and shows the entire rovers up. as for saying start new chants and you will drum to them

GET IT THRU YOUR "LOOKAT ME MOMMA IM TV" SKULL.....WE DONT WANT DRUMS FORGODS SAKE.

THEY MAKE US LOOK LIKE A CRAPPY CONFERENCE OUTFIT.

ABBEY'S STOPPED SINGING.

STU WILKY'S STOPPED SINGING.

HOW MANY MORE?

Edited by MCMC1875

The drums are embarassing- simple as that.

- embarassing because they are not talented, they cannot handle syncopation or rapid chants

- embarassing because they run behind the opposition keeper

- embarassing because like Portsmouth with f***ing bell, we are Blackburn with the f***ing drum when in reality we are Pompey and Rovers in the top six of the World's richest sporting competition

- embarassing. Full stop.

I've already put my point across about the drummers (that we should just have one).

All I would like to add is that the 2 message boards (this and the official) are so divided on this issue... the majority on here would like them banned, dead, drum shoved up their a*se or whatever and the majority on the official site seem to like them...strange :unsure: . I wasn't at the game today, were the drummer(s) and if so what is the verdict (as if i need to ask :D )

Also i'd like to say that I agree with 'Drummer Boys' comments that this issue (along with many othes) ends up with personal insults and people trying to point score over each other - especially if people don't go along with what the majority think. It's a message board at the end of the day and we should all respect each others opinions, after all we have no divided loyalties, we all love Rovers and want to see them do the best possible. :brfc:

how were the drums...same old story every chant people started, the drum started mark hughes blue and white army...he did the jungle jim rythem thing and everyone sang "wht the f hell is that! " and booed..he clapped everything with the drum..its a joke ,i sang and as soon as the drum kicked off i stopped.He was jumping around like a burnley fan on acid at one time...it looked like someone was arguing with him as well not sure tho.

The people tried all afternoon to start chants and he spoiled everyone one ..he even banged along to WHAT DOU YOU THINK OF BURNLEY ..UNBELEVIBLE.

how were the drums...same old story every chant people started, the drum started mark hughes blue and white army...he did the jungle jim rythem thing and everyone sang "wht the f hell is that! " and booed..he clapped everything with the drum..its a joke ,i sang and as soon as the drum kicked off i stopped.He was jumping around like a burnley fan on acid at one time...it looked like someone was arguing with him as well not sure tho.

The people tried all afternoon to start chants and he spoiled everyone one ..he even banged along to WHAT DOU YOU THINK OF BURNLEY ..UNBELEVIBLE.

Abbey you are so predictable its unbelieveable! Why do you stop singing because the drummer starts banging his drummer??? I presume you are one of those people who sings all the same chants to the same song?? David Bentley! Benni McCarthy! Jason Roberts! Why dont you learn some original chants? Do you look as bad as your sepling?

If enough people complain to the club that the drummers are spoiling their matchday they will be forced to stop.....simple as.

Well that's just the thing... are there enough people bothered?

To back it up so far is 142 people on this poll and 30(?) on a petition that someone has drawn up (of which most will have voted in this poll also). This doesn't really represent a lot of our support. When I have spoken to people about the drummers they seem fine about it, the majority of the posters on the official MB seem to like them being there but on here the general opinion is that they are an annoyance. The only way to do it would be to give every season ticket holder the option to make a vote somehow. It would be interesting to see the result dont you think?!

Edited by Ben-2000

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.