BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End Drummers ?

ABBEY

Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.

• They should be allowed to stay
    • They should be made to go
    • Not bothered either way
    • Its all Groobys Fault.. Get into em.

i didnt drum today and wont be drumming again

billy made a clown of himself today with his jumping and dancing

and having taken the side of everyone saying the drums should go and having sat away from the drums i have to say i realise how annoying it is and i for one shall not contemplate going near the drums.

but as for billy, people are wasting there time vocaling abuse at him because he doesn't care.

this is now my opinion

i go to rovers to watch my favourite team and to watch the game only

anything that happens inbetween is NOT as important as whats going on on the pitch and anyone who says otherwise is a retard.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how were the drums...same old story every chant people started, the drum started mark hughes blue and white army...he did the jungle jim rythem thing and everyone sang "wht the f hell is that! " and booed..he clapped everything with the drum..its a joke ,i sang and as soon as the drum kicked off i stopped.He was jumping around like a burnley fan on acid at one time...it looked like someone was arguing with him as well not sure tho.

The people tried all afternoon to start chants and he spoiled everyone one ..he even banged along to WHAT DOU YOU THINK OF BURNLEY ..UNBELEVIBLE.

He belongs in Brockhall - the old Brockhall.

:brfc:

• 2 months later...

i sit in the JW stand towards the Darwen end, and i have to say i thought once again the atmosphere was shockingly poor.

the only time the home crowd was heard when they were singing abuse at lampard- the rest of the time it really doesnt reach the away fans.

i heard a couple of chants about chelsea not singing, but trust me, the chelsea fans would have really struggled to hear any sort of banter.

i have to say though, the ONLY way to improve it is without the drummers.

i sit in the JW stand towards the Darwen end, and i have to say i thought once again the atmosphere was shockingly poor.

the only time the home crowd was heard when they were singing abuse at lampard- the rest of the time it really doesnt reach the away fans.

i heard a couple of chants about chelsea not singing, but trust me, the chelsea fans would have really struggled to hear any sort of banter.

i have to say though, the ONLY way to improve it is without the drummers.

well lets see...top 4 inspiring to be no.1 team in england and europe...THEY MUST BE THE MOST UP YOUR OWN ARSE FANS IN THE WORLD..A TEAM FROM A CITY OF MILLIONS ..PROBLY 2-3 THOUSAND ((QUITE PATHETIC CONSIDERING WHAT THEY THINK THEY ARE))....DONT SING UNTIL injury time ....

AS FOR BLACKBURN END QUITE ABSOLUTE BS !!!

Let's see if we can explain so the dim will understand.

If you sit in the JW towards the Darwen end, the Blackburn end sounds very quiet indeed. They may not be, but the sound doesn't carry past the half-way line. Hence one side always says the other is qiuet. Sitting near the halfway line, I heard both the Blackburn end AND the Chelsea fans (who insulted our fans for most of the match with their singing because they couldn't hear the Blackburn end) albeit both were quiet.

If you sit in the JW towards the Darwen end, the Blackburn end sounds very quiet indeed. They may not be, but the sound doesn't carry past the half-way line. Hence one side always says the other is qiuet. Sitting near the halfway line, I heard both the Blackburn end AND the Chelsea fans (who insulted our fans for most of the match with their singing because they couldn't hear the Blackburn end) albeit both were quiet.

OH IM TLOGGING OFF AS WELL SO GET TURKEY STUFFED

Once in the past Jan, you have accused me of being above slanging. Perhaps you would afford all users of the board the same courtesy?

For those of us who sit in the Blackburn End, and due to the appalling acoustics of modern football stadia those who sit nearest to the Blackburn End along the side stands, will have noticed a satisfactory improvement in the atmosphere, most significant was the starting of a chant that simply would not be possible with mindless drumming.

Those who sit at the Darwen End side of the ground will probably not have noticed anything, frankly I dont care about that, I care about the football experience. It was better on Sunday than it has been for some time. It may not continue, it may continue upwards, lets watch and find out.

Edited by stuwilky

Blakey...."Do you look as bad as your sepling? "
:lol:

Scotty1875...."and anyone who says otherwise is a retard.

:lol:

Q....When are the Grooby`s again?? :huh:

Edited by cletus

• 2 weeks later...

Loudest cheer of the night came from the Sundreland fans about 7.55pm. I was still in the Albion Mill car park and the cheer was so loud I thought I had got KO time wrong and they had scored. Generally both sets of supporters where quiet, presumably because of the cold and the poor match. Sunderland sang little more than Keano, Keano.

The drummer was very quiet, in fact I didn't notice him until the 90th minute when the added time was announced.

Heard the drummer again last night but he seemed to be more discriminating about when he banged which was good. On TV the crowd noise came over very clearly- don't know what it was like in the stadium.

BBC on ground atmospheres

Good article.

i`d love to see Rovers 'experiment' with an unrestricted seating area

every chant died because the drum started....its been for two games no drum ATMOSPHERE...drum MORGUE...

He was back to using the drum for CLAPPING again.

I'm sure if the "You can stick yer ....... drumsticks up... yer arse" song becomes popular they will get the message.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.