BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End Drummers ?

ABBEY

Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.

• They should be allowed to stay
    • They should be made to go
    • Not bothered either way
    • Its all Groobys Fault.. Get into em.

no drummer at the Boro game yesterday and we had an almost full BBE Lower but no atmosphere; the place was dead.

I would normally be the last to say this but:

where is our drummer man? Is he lost, has he knackered his kit? PLease please bring him back; the BBE can't sing without this fantastic man.

Edited by preston blue

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Turkish TV has a standard tape they play for games from Ewood Park, it was all boom boom boom gerrintoem.

Or am I missing the irony?

Definitely no drummer at ewood yesterday. I sit in JW stand overlooking the Blackburn end and the sound of silence was deafening.

The anti-drummer brigade on here (& i include myself) didn`t do our cause much good yesterday. Ewood was like a morgue for most of the game. Fair enough, the team were rubbish & didn`t help get the crowd buzzing but it works both ways.

Maybe the team (subconsciously) don`t perform at Ewood because it`s dead most of the time. Maybe our away fans generate a much better atnosphere & the players respond to that?

Maybe i`m just talking ball-cox? :wacko:

Edited by cletus

Terrible atmosphere from the first kick til last... the game wasn't much better either.

He needs to come back for the Everton game :tu:

Its down to the game, not the drummer. It would have been no different had he been there or not on Saturday.

thats ballacks ben..noone was up for it....i mean how can he clap with his drum and scare goalies ..as for him drumming he ruins 90% of any chants granted it was dead saturday and i for one stop singing as soon as starts

To all those who see that one game without drummer means get him back, I ask you this.

If a smack head goes on a programme to get off heroin and goes cold turkey they start to shiver and shake. Is the best way to help them to give them more heroin? Of course not.

The drummer is the musical and atmospheric equivalent of heroin to the BBE.

Just say no.

Except for the people who sit next to or immediately behind him, I cant understand all this animosity towards the drummer. The bloke is clearly passionate about 'drumming up' vocal support for Rovers and instead of being cynical he's doing something proactive & leading the chants. Without him there in recent games the level of vocal support from the BBE has been weedy. All very well slagging him off but I cant imagine anyone other than a miserable bugger would wilfully not chant just because of the drummer.

Get behind the team and stop moaning. Lord knows they need it at the moment!

invitation time..harwood come up and sit/stand with us and you will see every chant ruined by the drumming ,we go home every match (apart from boro game) hoarse .Its not a case of being a miserable it for stopping singing when he drums but a waste of time cos he so out of time and how he can use his drum for clapping and scarying the goalie is a embarssment to all involved in blackburn rovers.I dont think anyone i questioning his commitment and enthusiam just that hes @#/? and for banging at the tugay chant do me a favour.......why not do what we did in the 80's when the riverside was knocked down and pipe chanting all over the ground....im kidding about doing it tho

invitation time..harwood come up and sit/stand with us and you will see every chant ruined by the drumming ,we go home every match (apart from boro game) hoarse .Its not a case of being a miserable it for stopping singing when he drums but a waste of time cos he so out of time and how he can use his drum for clapping and scarying the goalie is a embarssment to all involved in blackburn rovers.

Any small advantage should be accepted. The scaring the keeper technique worked against Fabianski but fails on most regular premiership keepers.

I kept singing when the dummer started up and it seemed those around me did. Why should him providing a louder beat affect your singing/chanting?

The drummer was useful in those moments of silence where nobody dare make a sound and then he wakes you up. Although my mate sat the row behind him for the brum game and said he really did his head in :lol:

i don't mind the drummer, aslong has he stays in tune with the songs and i wish he bloody stayed still instead of jumping round like a prat

in tune? :unsure: i`d prefer him to keep a beat :rolleyes:

(drummer joke) Q...what`s the difference between a drummer & a drum machine?

A...With a drum machine, you only have to punch the information in once ;)

invitation time..harwood come up and sit/stand with us and you will see every chant ruined by the drumming ,we go home every match (apart from boro game) hoarse .Its not a case of being a miserable it for stopping singing when he drums but a waste of time cos he so out of time and how he can use his drum for clapping and scarying the goalie is a embarssment to all involved in blackburn rovers.I dont think anyone i questioning his commitment and enthusiam just that hes @#/? and for banging at the tugay chant do me a favour.......why not do what we did in the 80's when the riverside was knocked down and pipe chanting all over the ground....im kidding about doing it tho

Fair enough. Maybe its not a case of not having a drummer, just having a better one! Abbey, I'll keep my seat in JW upper but promise to initiate the chants from up there if you take over the drumming for a match and show us how it should be done!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.