BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

Last night Bolton fans were saying he had failed his medical at theirs.

Not to sure if this was after they heard we were back in for the lad, and trying to save a bit of face if he was to finish up with us.

An article i read earlier said that he passed the first medical, however he was to have a further more in depth one over the weekend.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's done pretty well over the past few games. He isn't a great player, but he does the job he's asked to do and doesn't make too many mistakes. He's not a Tugay, but then neither is Dunn. I just don't see the point in signing a player who will simply not be able to hold down a place in the first team. He isn't good enough to play out wide for us and I can't see him knocking either Tugay or Savage out of the side, especially when you consider the number of injuries he picks up.

I've been a fan of Mokoena but yesterday he was truely awful - Couldnt pass and offered no movement. Even when Rovers had the ball he was constantly next to an Arsenal player. He didnt move into space and look to receive the ball and make any mark on the game. He was a passenger for 45 minutes. If we had Tugay on the pitch from the start then I think we would've won - By effectively playing 10 against 10 in the first half we allowed them to remain in the game and when their goal went in there was no way back.

As a matter of interest - Who plays centre mid for the reserves?

Doesn't make many mistakes? The guy is a bag of nerves. He's constantly giving the ball away, underhitting passes and not looking around to get into decent positions. He can tackle and he's supposed to be a real athlete, but I'm afraid there are plenty of Championship players that fit into this category.

I've never ever seen a player fall over the ball as many times as he did yesterday. I thought only two and three year olds did that :o

I heard Dunn had a medical on Thursday before even sitting down with Bolton to discuss personal terms. i know some news has broke in the last few hours we are in talks with Brum to hijack the deal. If we can keep him fit he'll be a great addition to the team. Dunn needs to keep his head down and work hard but he seems to enjoy the playboy lifestyle abit too much and maybe this contributes to his injuries. I think he also needs to look into his car clutch. I think alot of us will remember Ryan Giggs always getting hamstring injuries and it turned out this was due to the clutch on his car.

At the moment I'm at the stage where I'm thinking rather Dunn than none.

Dear oh dear, we scream out for a pacey creative midfielder and sign one who looks like he's pregnant, is known to be a bit lax when it comes to training and has a seriously bad history of injuries... If Dunn is the only midfielder we sign in the window then i will be very unhappy... <_<

Got to get him in my view, well worth the risk, he can do the business and Hughsie will sort his head out, it won't be that his heart is not in it, he's blue & white all the way through!

I don't won't him playing for the bung takers either, would be a nightmare!

As for the detractors, look at who we have??? The cupboard is bare!

Bring him home!

:rover:

If Dunny really is desperate to come back he can demand that Brum accept our offer. If they wont he can sit out his contract and come back for free in the Summer. Lets see how much he really does want to play for us.

FiveLive have just reported John Williams as saying Rovers would love to re-sign David Dun, particularly in the light of the latest injury to Reid but it will come down to whether Rovers want to match Birmingham's valuation. Watch this space...

If Dunny really is desperate to come back he can demand that Brum accept our offer. If they wont he can sit out his contract and come back for free in the Summer. Lets see how much he really does want to play for us.

I heard a rumour to that effect in the Club on Saturday that he intends to do that if Bruce blocks our bid. That said, its probably just chinese whispers.

FiveLive have just reported John Williams as saying Rovers would love to re-sign David Dun, particularly in the light of the latest injury to Reid but it will come down to whether Rovers want to match Birmingham's valuation. Watch this space...

Can't stand all this pussyfooting around. If Dunn is the man they want, then pay the million quid and sign him.

If they aren't sure he's the man, then move on. :angry:

By now Dunn must be aware now of The Rovers interest, if he wants to come to Ewood then he has to fend Bolton off himself and not sign anything too quickly.

I think the longer it goes without Bolton completing the deal, the more likely it is that Dunn will become a Rover.

Maybe this is the reason that 'a scan couldn't be completed over the weekend' ?

It also looks as though Birmingham aren't going to be too encouraging towards The Rovers. (Bruce's comments about not suiting Dunn seem to be a thinly veiled threat to this effect).

However, I am not sure about how transfers are negotiated;

Bolton have made an offer and Birmingham have allowed the player to go and speak to them. I understand that if The Rovers offer less than Bolton, then Birmingham can and will knock them back.

But if they match the deal that Bolton have made, are Birmingham obliged to grant The Rovers permission to speak to Dunn, or can they still block it because they don't like The Rovers?

This could get very complicated. I'm not 100% but I think that Brum have the right to accept an offer from Bolton and reject one from Rovers even if they are identical, or if Rovers offer is better. I remebmer when Shearer went to Newcastle that Uncle Jack had said there was one price for Newcastle and another for the Mancs!

Not sure how the PFA etc would react to this though - bearing in mind they would have the players interest at heart.

Problem here for Birmingham is that we would assume that Dunn would much prefer a move to Rovers, and he will obviously be aware of our interest and bid. So he holds the trump card really as he could reject Bolton and remain at Birmingham until his contract expires, thus going to Rovers on a free.

Think we should try to get this sorted as soon as possible, an addition to the midfield is just what we need now, especially after the news on Steven Reid.

According to John Williams:

"You cannot say having a local boy returning would increase attendances but I think the fans would value having him at Rovers.

"The question now is if we feel we want to match Birmingham's valuation. Otherwise, we will have to pass"

Nope it wouldnt, not in Dunn's case. Also please please please dont fork out 2 million for the lad, it aint worth it and we have better options...

They aren't required to accept the offer unless he has a clause, which he doesn't have.

Do we know he's not got a clause?

Anyhow, just as Birmingham don't need to accept an offer, Dunn doesn't have to move to Bolton if he doesn't want to. He knows Rovers are after him, and he can quite simply say to Brum that he's not going anywhere other than Rovers and if they don't accept Rovers offer, he'll stay at St Andrews taking a wage and move on a free whenever his contract is up.

Do Birmingham cut their losses and sell to Rovers at a lower price than they were hoping, or do they hope Dunn will decide he quite likes the Reebok afterall?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.