BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

Dunnys coming home

He's coming home, hes coming home, hes coming

Sorry folks :ph34r:

I'm up for giving it some of that on his debut to welcome him home. Fingers crossed.

I know Dunny has his knockers - but at last we have a bit of excitement at the club - have spoken to a lot of Rovers' fans who are genuinely excited about this. Would be fantastic if Dunny signs and gets off to a flyer. It would really bring the buzz back to Ewood. And once we get the buzz back - together with the intitiatives the club are making on ticket prices - can only help improve ticket sales.

Edited by wellesbourne

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was probably one of his biggest critics last time around, but I'd welcome a return and agree it would bring a real feel good factor to some sections of the support, the others are beyond help!

Pity we can't bring in Beattie also, now that would be something special in my book with two Blackburn lads coming home.

We yet again shove one up Birmingham and the clowns that run the circus, which is always a satisfying feeling in my book.

Taken from the bolton website:

The whole situation has proved to be farcical from start to finish, with the deal initially being held up as Wanderers could not get the equiptment to provide a medical scan over the weekend

What a ten bob outfit they really are..... :lol:

I was probably one of his biggest critics last time around, but I'd welcome a return and agree it would bring a real feel good factor to some sections of the support, the others are beyond help!

Pity we can't bring in Beattie also, now that would be something special in my book with two Blackburn lads coming home.

We yet again shove one up Birmingham and the clowns that run the circus, which is always a satisfying feeling in my book.

Maybe with the negative effect of Souness now gone, there will be an extra incentive for him to prove himself.

One thing that occurred to me. If there's one sure way to get the club (and the fans) on board with a possible return to the mother land, threaten a move to a local rival!

Just the idea of Dunny playing for Notlob, just seems all wrong somehow (like the first time I saw Jansen run out wearing a Bolton shirt. It was just too weird).

Taken from the bolton website:

The whole situation has proved to be farcical from start to finish, with the deal initially being held up as Wanderers could not get the equiptment to provide a medical scan over the weekend

What a ten bob outfit they really are..... :lol:

they should have gone to warbies..they will have pie warming machines

Its a good buzz if it happens...

Thing is Dunn is coming back to a team all equal to and in many respects better footballers than him unlike the team he left.

Hope he gets a big welcome but that it doesn't go to his head at the end of the day he isn't a patch on Tug's yet and Bentley is setting the example Hughes expects and Dunn needs to live up to.

Edited by OscarRaven

I appear to be the only one who hopes he does NOT sign for us.

The most he will do now is give our medical staff something to work with this season as his knee goes again on his "debut". Stay away pie boy.

Glad you are so much beter informed than the Bolton medical staff who passed him fit.

Jealousy isn't attractive

I know opinion is pretty divided on this topic but I for one would love Dunny back at Rovers. I think we need a player like him, someone who can beat a man and make something happen - against Arsenal, we were far too easy to defend against and needed someone who could unlock a defence. Dunn can provide this.

However, I've got a horrible feeling he might end up at Bolton. I hope I'm wrong.

Glad you are so much beter informed than the Bolton medical staff who passed him fit.

Jealousy isn't attractive

Knee ligament damage isn't easily healed. Even after considerable time away from strenous exercise like football or even jogging, the ligaments don't heal to the same state as they were in before the injury.

Rehab of course does help to strengthen the muscle and REDUCE not ELIMINATE the chance of the same injury happening again.

Don't understand what you are implying by the jealousy comment though.

With Fat Sam and Steve Bruce being friends - It wouldn't surprise me if Bruce had invited BFS to make a bid for Dunn - if nothing else but to push the price Rovers had to pay up.

I'd love Rovers to play Birmingham this year in the cup with Dunn/Sav lining up for us!

Knee ligament damage isn't easily healed. Even after considerable time away from strenous exercise like football or even jogging, the ligaments don't heal to the same state as they were in before the injury.

Rehab of course does help to strengthen the muscle and REDUCE not ELIMINATE the chance of the same injury happening again.

Am I missing something? If we're talking about Dunny here, I don't remember him doing his ligaments. His worst injury was the spinal problem, as far as I'm aware. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

I thought his hamstrings were the problem?

Sorry- I must have mistaken you for the person who came on here and basically didn't want Dunny back because he'd once been his friend but chose not to hang round with him any more. I've just noticed you're in London so that wouldn't have been you.

He did his knee ligaments whilst at Rovers. His most recent problem was his hamstring which was linked to the operation he had on his back.

Apologies, don't remember that.

I take it from Nayef's comments that he doesn't want Reid in the squad next year then? Oh, and I seem to remember Shearer did OK when he came back from knee ligament damage....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.