BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a very odd look to that poll. It's surely not half term is it? By far the majority have voted for the most stupid and obtuse option imaginable! Lift everyone the club?!? Eh? No one 'around' the club cares two hoots about BRFC in actuallity..... liklehood is that they will they will all support some other club anyway! Theirs is just a well paid job. Only those over the perimeter wall may be slightly uplifted. The likes of Bellamy / Shearer / Duff / Hendry / Sherwood and Duffer all in their prime would uplift me far more I've got to say.

I presume by 'around the club' they meant the fans more than the employees. That's how it seems to read as I doubt Benni or Shabani have hardly even heard of him.

The success or otherwise all depends on whether we can actually get him on the pitch enough. Time will tell...

Ya he should have been available as we are allowed to revise a couple of players off our initial 25 man list.

Don't you get 3 changes. With Lucas going we can add in Dunn as Warnock is Cup Tied. I think the deadline for that is early feb.

Edited by modes98

There is a very odd look to that poll. It's surely not half term is it? By far the majority have voted for the most stupid and obtuse option imaginable! Lift everyone the club?!? Eh? No one 'around' the club cares two hoots about BRFC in actuallity..... liklehood is that they will they will all support some other club anyway! Theirs is just a well paid job. Only those over the perimeter wall may be slightly uplifted. The likes of Bellamy / Shearer / Duff / Hendry / Sherwood and Duffer all in their prime would uplift me far more I've got to say.

actually a lot of those who work around the club are rovers fans - when your income depends on it you'd be daft not to be. Don't mean the players or management but the ordinary emplyees.

Incidentally something that hasn't been mentioned:

Surely Dunn's arrival means the end of Gallagher's career at Rovers? Gally plays right wing and striker. We now have have Dunn, Reid, Bentley, Emerton and Pedersen who can feature out wide. The striker list is even longer. I would suggest that McCarthy, Nonda, Roberts, Derbyshire, Dunn and Jeffers would all be favored over Gallagher up top. Maybe even Bentley.

I know he scored the last game he played, but does he really have any chance of climbing back into the sixteen?

And if we are as brassic as we seem mabe we will shift him out the door?

Song for Dunny:

(to the tune of Robin Hood)

David Dunn, David Dunn needs a walking stick

David Dunn, David Dunn always on the sick

He eats a lot of grub, and can't stay out the pub

Daaavid Dunn, David Dunn David Dunn.

That looks like an ideal song for the opposition fans to sing! Are you trying to flog it round the rest of the Prem? :rolleyes:

Ha, mixed reactions which is no surprise, really. Some good chants. Someone fill the drums with lead (or the drummers) so they can be completed!

(To the tune of wild Rover)

He was a wild rover for many a year,

but he spent all his money on whiskey and beer.

Now he's returning with craft in great store

And he never will be a wild rover no more

and it's no nay never (Da-vid Dunn)

no nay never no more....

I've been a wild rover, now I'm going to score!

Edited by daren

Cant see how he would have gained any match fitness over this weekend without playing so I think that pretty much rules him out of the Tuesday Watford game. However, if he plays a reserves game this week, if there is any, then he must be with a good chance to start in the FA Cup.

Hughes blamed himself for Ooijer's poor start by rushing him into the team too quickly. My guess he is not making the same mistake with Dunny who is coming from an inferior team of an inferior club with inferior coaching in an inferior league.

Bench at Watford probably.

It could turn out to be an interesting signing. In many ways, it is last chance saloon for Dunn, who has seen his last 4 years go backwards. If he doesn't make it with us, it is possible somebody else in the Premiership would go for him, but it would not not be guaranteed.

For him to succeed, he will have to be very professional in his approach to his career-controlling what he eats and drinks, training properly and listening to advice from the manager and his team.

If he does all this, he has a higher chance of succeeding but it is very easy for high paid young men to think they know everything!

Could his injury problems have partly been caused by the amount of driving he's been doing? Several players have found their hamstring problems have improved when their car's been adapted for them. If, as he says, he's spent a lot of time driving up and down to see his little girl and other family and friends perhaps he's less likely to get injured if he's here. I know it's not all benn down to that but could have been a contributory factor.

Cant see how he would have gained any match fitness over this weekend without playing so I think that pretty much rules him out of the Tuesday Watford game. However, if he plays a reserves game this week, if there is any, then he must be with a good chance to start in the FA Cup.

Ressies playing Wednesday

Do you not think it is nice that someone wants to play for us?

I get fed up of hearing about how two or three clubs go in for a player and how often have players chosen some other club rather than Rovers! It is nice that there is a player out there who loves Rovers as much as we do!

Could his injury problems have partly been caused by the amount of driving he's been doing? Several players have found their hamstring problems have improved when their car's been adapted for them. If, as he says, he's spent a lot of time driving up and down to see his little girl and other family and friends perhaps he's less likely to get injured if he's here. I know it's not all benn down to that but could have been a contributory factor.

Interesting point there. I was reading Paul Sturrock's column on the Swindon Town site and he said there will be a clause in new contracts along the lines that players live in the vicinity of Swindon so that they can be part of the community and are not driving long distances to and from home.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 21 2007, 17:43 ) 481886[/snapback]

Against Bolton. I can see Big Fat Sam being spiteful enough to get a young player to knobble him, so potentially not a good move.

Well if BFS has accepted the old brown envelope or two it would not be outside his thought process, heh heh. Has anyone clued Sparky in to this possibility.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.