BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great point.

Absolutely delighted with this, the lad is still only 27 and if he stays fit should be coming to his peak.

This could be the best signing we've secured in a very long while imo. Given a reasonable run fitness wise we've landed a 7m quality midfielder for a million upfront!.

No disrespect to MGP but the next project ought to be to relieve Spuds of 10m for him and rescue Duffer from his barcodes misery for around half the price.

Couldnt disagree more. Gamst is one of one of our most important players at the moment and if we sell him, and Dunn gets injured were going to be stuck...

Besides with loosing Lucas, following what happened last season when we lost Dickov and Bellers (two other big characters) and the resulting dip in form, id rather we limited the big players leaving as it could effect our future form in the same way...

I was going to ask what number will he wear, but just saw ir on the official website: his old 8. A good candidate of being a fans's favourite in terms of shirts sold, isn't he?

Edit: Now we have two Nº8 according to our website. Will Savage let Dunny wear his old number?

Edited by Siriwan

just listened to the interview on rovers official site, near the end of the interview Dunny nearly says he wants to achieve at "manc" then stops himself, fruediant slip perhaps?

Edited by yoda

I was going to ask what number will he wear, but just saw ir on the official website: his old 8. A good candidate of being a fans's favourite in terms of shirts sold, isn't he?

Edit: Now we have two Nº8 according to our website. Will Savage let Dunny wear his old number?

I imagine its because Premium TV have just updated Dunn details to move him from Brum to Rovers. Savage has no 8 until at least the end of the season as players cannot change numbers.

they can't change shirt numbers during the season, so Dunny gotta pick on of the available numbers. 19, 22, 25 is available last time I checked

Guardian Fiver - Meant to be a "humerous fairly independent tounge in cheek article"

A DUNN DEAL, BUT NOT A DONE DEAL

At approximately 3.07pm today, the Fiver became so fed up with all the

Machiavellian scheming going on at Stamford Bridge that it decided to

abandon its plan to write yet another story about Andriy Shevchenko

based on innuendo and speculation cobbled together from the morning

papers and write about an even bigger topic instead: David Dunn.

A footballer who's so portly that when his mobile beep-beeps to herald

the arrival of a new text message, people within earshot assume he's

backing up, the knack-prone Bongo FC super-heavyweight today reversed

out of a deal that would have seen him committed to the Bolton Care

Home for GBP2.2m after having his head turned by his old club,

Blackeye Rovers. Reports that this about-turn was prompted by Rovers

manager Mark Hughes dangling a meat pie on a stick remain

unconfirmed.

"It looks like he's going to Blackeye Rovers," wailed frustrated

Geriatricos manager Big Sam into his Bluetooth headset while chewing

furiously on 18 sticks of Juicy Fruit. "He's told me that's where he

wants to go, simple as that. At the eleventh hour they've pinched

him. We are extremely disappointed, but there is not a lot we can do

about it. Blackeye is where it all started for him and he obviously

wants to go back there. I always feel let down when you have got so

far down the road spending so much time showing the player this is

the best place to be to get his career back on track. But it was not

quite a big enough pull compared to the town where he was born and

bred."

And while the Fiver can appreciate that it would take a big enough

pull to get Dunn anywhere, we can't imagine why any footballer would

choose to live in a cold, bleak, wet, northern industrial town such

as Blackeye when they could opt for sunny Bolton-on-the-Med instead.

"I feel let down by this episode," harrumphed Big Sam before storming

off, leaving the Fiver to wonder if he was still talking about a

treacherous big-boned midfielder, or simply venting his spleen about

that Panorama feature on his gormless son again.

I am so happy about this!!!

Welcome home David.

Great to see the Notlobbers upset and even better that Bernard Cribbins is distraught.

Permit me a 'drog type note but it has all happened as I told you.

Note Rovers saying undisclosed fee and BRUM saying £2.2m. Chesh is right- we got him for next to nowt. BIG CLUB probably get the final £2m instalment of the £2.2m when Dunn lifts the World Cup as England Captain... or something equally improbable (OK I exagerate but not by much in all likelihood)

Its great to be :rover:

Not a bad deal really. If he's crap, knackered and never plays then we'll probably only have to pay half price. And if he's on form then he's just about worth the £2m we've shelled out.

And making Bolton cry is worth at least £1m.

Its now down to Hughes to get the best out of a player who has a special talent - the problem I have always felt - is that he struggles in centre midfield. Could be our ace in the pack though playing in Europe.

All the best David - lets hope that Rovers own Gazza can finally live up to the hype (and form) that got him into the England squad.

Great news. But I cant see this being so far off the deal Bolton had agreed. We just probably dont want to make it official and show our hand in the transfer market.

Just been over his stats and Dunn managed 75% of the games we had played in every season until he moved to Brum where his long-term injuries started. Some people seem to forget that. Whatever it is, be it motivation, hunger, etc.. I hope he regains it here and we see the best of him again.

Anything on when he could actually start playing for us according to Sparky?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.