BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Virtually never as far as I can remember. Dunn played for them mostly on the wings or as second striker.

I'm sure I remember a fairly public falling out between Sav and Dunny when DD first went to Birmingham? Can anyone endorse that?

I'm sure I remember a fairly public falling out between Sav and Dunny when DD first went to Birmingham? Can anyone endorse that?

I think there were rumours to that effect, yes. Savage was the big cheese before Dunn arrived and he also took over penalty duties from Sav. He then proceeded to miss a couple, and Savage was re-instated as the taker.

However, from what i've seen whilst Sav has been a Rover, he does seem like a genuine team player and a well-liked member of the squad.

I can't believe what short memories people have on this board, and also some of the nonsense written. Dunn IS a central midfielder and I am sure thats why Sparky has signed him. He HAS played in that position alongside Savage before and finally just because he is a different player to Tugay (which he is) doesnt mean he cant slot into our midfield perfectly well.

A fit again David Dunn is worth a fair few goals and assists a season and for that he is a cheap gamble worth taking...

I was going to ask what number will he wear, but just saw ir on the official website: his old 8. A good candidate of being a fans's favourite in terms of shirts sold, isn't he?

Edit: Now we have two Nº8 according to our website. Will Savage let Dunny wear his old number?

i've heard, it'll be number 19.

Thats actually very funny! However, it does only go to show that the support at Bolton is hurt by his decision. He is a quality player and the guy who wrote that article must have appreciated that.

Can't wait to see him make a cameo on saturday, but I have to say I will wathc every challenge he goes into with trepidation.

I shall wait and see whether or not this is a good footballing move. From the heart I've always wanted Dunny back and I'm the happiest Rover you could find since I heard the news yesterday.

In those dark days in Division One (or whatever) Dunny was a shining light, a promise it could get better. I'll never forget sitting slap bang opposite him as the teams lined up for the England U 21s with Dunn as captain. He looked so proud, I was very proud for him and Blackburn Rovers.

David Dunn is a Rover - simple as that.

PLAYERS OUT:

Dunn 5.5m

PLAYERS IN:

Savage 3m

Dunn 2m

Even if we do end up paying 2m for Dunn based on appearances - we've really screwed the big club over :lol:

With the money we got for Dunn - we replaced him with Savage and Dunn with a bit of change! Cheers Big Club!

What about Damien Johnson and Tiny Taylor. How much did we sold them for?

PLAYERS OUT:

Dunn 5.5m

PLAYERS IN:

Savage 3m

Dunn 2m

Even if we do end up paying 2m for Dunn based on appearances - we've really screwed the big club over :lol:

With the money we got for Dunn - we replaced him with Savage and Dunn with a bit of change! Cheers Big Club!

Think we really should get a new song for him - how about

Aga-doo doo doo push pineapple shake the tree

David-Dunn Dunn Dunn, f*****d bolton and fat sam

Agadoo doo doo push pineapple grind coffee

David-Dunn Dunn Dunn came backhome to rovers

To the left to the right jump up and down and to the knees

To the left to the right runs up the pitch and scores a goal

Come and dance every night sing with a hula melody

Comes to play every game plays with a Rovers melody

Think "melody" needs replacing and dont really like the second line. Any ideas?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.