BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen For United?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todays Metro newspaper, and I use the word reluctantly, reported that Henrik Pederson was playing for us yesterday. May explain his low key performance?

I don't want it to look like I have anything against the completely ignorant incompetent thickos working for the press but was it was or was it not

2nd v 6th in the Premier League this twit was reporting on, and

the same player he and his chums from the reform school for the severely educationally subnormal routinely say Spurs are interested in/ about to buy/ have bought?

Todays Metro newspaper, and I use the word reluctantly, reported that Henrik Pederson was playing for us yesterday. May explain his low key performance?

Skysports News annouced our team included "Nelson" and "Pederson" when they put the starting elevens on screen before Sundays game. Suppose they can be excused when some people can't even spell Bentley.

I overheard a journo filing his post-match copy over the phone: "Morgan Gamst Pedersen"

I think part of the problem is that the overall quality in the Rovers team at the moment is so much higher than 12/18 months ago when MGP was at his best. If you look at our forward line, we've got Santa Cruz, Benni & Bentley all with considerably greater skill and ability than the likes of Dickov & Kuqi. No wonder MGP looked so much better back then! Even so, he's clearly off the boil this season, his set pieces alone are awful, he's struggling for confidence and not worth his place in the team. If we can get anything over 10 million for him from whoever during the Jan transfer window I'd say go for it and use the money on that creative midfielder we so desperately need. Dunn has looked capable enough on the left.

I think unfortunately Pedersen needs McCarthy in form to be at his most effective. When Benni is confident he drifts out onto the left hand side and doubles up on the right back. The two of them have a very good understanding with short passes, backheels and when to actually cross the ball. It's even better when Warnock joins in. Jansen and Duff used to have a similar thing going on. The difference there was that Duff was outstanding and could win games by himself. Pedersen seemingly needs that bit of help to show off his good attributes. Now, as a result of a lack of confidence, every part of his game is suffering - namely his set pieces.

What hasn't helped is that his average performances are now seen as bad. Even when he was at his best for us, he had plenty of average games. Add a few goals to his game and not so many poor set pieces and he probably isn't playing too differently from when everybody was raving about him.

What about a couple of seasons ago when we didn't have McCarthy and Pedersen was firing all cylinders? I think Pedersen is a good player but may never reach the form he had that season again. We've been waiting a while and it's just not happening for the guy.

A couple of seasons ago he had Bellamy who would do much the same kind of thing. Pedersen has never ever been about good performances. At his best he is an effective goalscoring midfielder who works hard. When the goals dry up there is not an awful lot left to see because the rest of his game (i.e. covering ground) isn't as noticable. The difference between Pedersen apparently "firing on all cylinders" and Pedersen "needing to be dropped" is whether his volleys hit the target. Recently they have not. In order to have a big effect on our attacking movement and build-up play, he needs McCarthy playing well.

Whatever happened to Duff ? I was shocked when Chelsea sold him to Newcastle. I thought he was great in their first title season and okay he had a couple of injuries but was still reportedly one of Abramovich's favourite players. I haven't seen him play since he moved to the Toon. Is he injured again ? If he doesn't fit into Allardyce's plans he must be worth a punt at 2.5m in January - Hughes would get him fit, he'd push pedersen for a place and would play for the team.

A lot also gets made of how Pedersen is supposedly right footed but taught himself to play with his left - surely he could therefore provide cover for Bentley as well ?

I think unfortunately Pedersen needs McCarthy in form to be at his most effective. When Benni is confident he drifts out onto the left hand side and doubles up on the right back. The two of them have a very good understanding with short passes, backheels and when to actually cross the ball. It's even better when Warnock joins in. Jansen and Duff used to have a similar thing going on. The difference there was that Duff was outstanding and could win games by himself. Pedersen seemingly needs that bit of help to show off his good attributes. Now, as a result of a lack of confidence, every part of his game is suffering - namely his set pieces.

What hasn't helped is that his average performances are now seen as bad. Even when he was at his best for us, he had plenty of average games. Add a few goals to his game and not so many poor set pieces and he probably isn't playing too differently from when everybody was raving about him.

Spot on sir.

I'd agree with Bellamy's post if you replace "volleys" with "free kicks and corners"

He's asked (along with Bentley) to make those chances into scoring opportunities, and so far, he's been dreadful at that.

I look at it this way, I have 2-3 main aspects of my job, and If I'm crap at one of them, I'm not doing my job, and I'll hear about it.

One of the aspects of MGPs job on the team is to deliever good set pieces and corners. He's not doing that, and hasn't for a long long time. Therefore he's not doing his job, and he shoudl hear about it. end of.

Edited by USRoverME

If we can get anything over 10 million for him from whoever during the Jan transfer window I'd say go for it and use the money on that creative midfielder we so desperately need. Dunn has looked capable enough on the left.

Capable, sure, as a fill-in. Nothing more. If we sold Pedersen we would immediately have to look at buying another left-sided midfielder. And though I agree Pedersen isn't entirely pulling his weight, good left mids are not a dime a dozen. We're also unlikely to get 10 million for him when he isn't on his game, and won't want to sell him when he is.

Get off his back you chumps! He is in the middle of a run of poor form but rem Hughes was resting him and he is now only playing through necessity! Sav is hurt so Dunny has had to move inside. Dissing him is simply unfair but oh so typical of the type of supporter that BRFC have in abundance, those who quite simply have to have a hate figure on the pitch! Probably a psychological weakness among certain members of society but in the last 10 years alone it's seen off the likes of Wilcox, Atkins, Carsley (anybody think he could still do a damned good job for us now btw?) Davies and most ludicrously Tim Sherwood.... a player who in our team now really could take us to the next level.

We all know that MGP is a good player so rem that form is temporary but class is permanent. 7 games won on the spin, followed by a draw to big spending Liverpool and a defeat to the millionaires and Champions! Yet we have moaners! Open your bloody eyes and get a life you lot! :angry:

Edited by thenodrog

If anyone needs a goal it's MGP.

Just one of his specials against Villa would put the smile back on his face (& ours.)

Not that I feel to sorry for someone who wakes up next to "Miss Norway" every morning (apparantly) - the lucky @#/?.

If anyone needs a goal it's MGP.

Just one of his specials against Villa would put the smile back on his face (& ours.)

Not that I feel to sorry for someone who wakes up next to "Miss Norway" every morning (apparantly) - the lucky @#/?.

He's not with her anymore.

Although I think his current girlfriend was in the Miss Norway competition last year or something, so I suppose you are right to be jealous. :rolleyes:

Probably a psychological weakness among certain members of society but in the last 10 years alone it's seen off the likes of Wilcox, Atkins, Carsley (anybody think he could still do a damned good job for us now btw?) Davies and most ludicrously Tim Sherwood.... a player who in our team now really could take us to the next level.

Sherwood? Now? He's 38 and retired in 2005, are you talking about the next level down?

Aren't there rumours around that Duff might have to retire? He's certainly nowhere near the player he was at Rovers or even in his early days at Chelsea. He seems to have been injured for most of the last few seasons.

Damien Duff is recovering from a "career threatening" foot injury, he is making good progress & Allardyce has stated that he intends to get him back to full fitness as he is one of the best wingers in the league & an asset to any club.

Damien Duff is recovering from a "career threatening" foot injury, he is making good progress & Allardyce has stated that he intends to get him back to full fitness as he is one of the best wingers in the league & an asset to any club.

The last bit is all true. Let's hpoe he gets back to firtness then we can get him. We can offer them boy band in return (plus a very, very large sum of money)

I know one thing............ He'll never be as good as the player that we sold. Move on.

Possibly true- but he's a thousand times better than what we've got- even now. Actually on crutches on one leg he's still better than what we have now.

Possibly true- but he's a thousand times better than what we've got- even now. Actually on crutches on one leg he's still better than what we have now.

There is a possibility that this is a slight exaggeration.

Nah, shurely shome mishtake. Find it hard to believe that Jan has pet hates. Next thing some people will say she'll be wishing ill on folk and has conspiracy theories.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.