BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

Speaking of great players, how great is Essien? Bloody superb player and IMO the most complete central midfielder in the world.

He is by far the worlds best midfielder, and Chelsea didnt win the league last season only because he was injured, and this season they would have been on top if he hadnt missed 6 months through torn ligaments

Agreed re comments about Essien.

There was all that paper talk of a Manc v Chelsea Final replay. Now it looks like Arsenal v Barcelona might well get a re-run.

Porto to do a repeat of Benni's exploits of five years ago and dump ManU out again? Look's rather likely. Seen too much of the Manc's silver silk camy nickers already thank you.

It appears that good old BRFC playing to SA's instruction and rather unluckily losing to a late goal at OT have showed the rest of football the way to beat Man Utd and started the rot.

Don't simply stand in awe of the forwards but weigh in on the defence and in particular the increasingly suspect Nemander Vidic, the increasingly injury prone Ferdinand and whoever is standing in the right back position at any given time.

Simple. ^_^

Porto to do a repeat of Benni's exploits of five years ago and dump ManU out again? Look's rather likely. Seen too much of the Manc's silver silk camy nickers already thank you.

Rather likely? So you'd give me good odds on United going through then? Away goals are nice, but I'd back United to beat almost anyone in a one-off game, even away from home. United will go through.

Chelsea- Liverpool was a fabulous game last night. The all-English PL clashes in the later stages of the CL are producing some real crackers down the years.

So Chelsea join the list of Man U , Real Madrid, Villa and Rovers in Liverpool scoring at least 4 against in the last four weeks.

Edited by philipl

Superb game and brilliant entertainment even for people who have little interest in football. BUT we would enjoy far more spectacles like this if the champions League reverted to it's old format of a knock out competition between Champions ONLY. The league stages of the Champions league are just a procession, as dull as dishwater and designed solely to allow the big clubs from 3 countries only through.... with a little lip service paid to Bayern. It's mostly crap now.

Don't think it will be another all English final, IMO Barca will be to strong for Chelsea and with Arsenal having problems with injury to key defenders, United will make it to the final.

So for me it will be a United v Barca, a re-run of the 1991 cup winners cup that Utd won 2-1 thanks to two goals from a certain Mark Hughes!

3 of the 4 semi finalists are English again. Potential all English Final. If not its Barca v United/ Arsenal.

Either way it should be a good final.

It dawned on me last night that this English domination of the Champions League may well work out well for the game in this country, but not in the way you might think.

The gulf between the top 4 and the rest in the Premier League has turned the competition in to a boring procession, and one which desperately needs a shake up. That will only come from UEFA/FIFA - and will probably only happen if the same clubs start to dominate their competitions too. There's too much money in the Champions League for Platini and co to let it go stale.

Hopefully, anyway.

I think there's good logic in that. I certainly think it would be a very safe bet to say that the majority, if not all, of the next 10 champions league semis will have at least 2 English clubs in them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.