BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

If Rafa goes who do they bring in though? Could Mourinho be tempted back to these shores?

Gillett and Hicks will not pull the dosh from their own pockets to sack Raffa and get a decent replacement unless one of them (Gillett) thinks its worth winning the argument with his co-owner (Hicks) that it is his get even time with the Spanish waiter for having sided the wrong way when Parry was still there. It is like "Soap!" at Anfield these days.

Liverpool FC haven't got that sort of money lying around themselves so Raffa will probably stay even if the Mancs wup the scousers at Anfield this weekend.

• Backroom

Missing out on the knockout stages of the Champions League would be a bitter financial blow for Liverpool.

Missing out on the top 4 this year would be devastating for them in every way possible.

Huge pressure on Benitez right now. Looking at their squad... I'm not sure they're upto the task. Without Gerrard and Torres they offer no more than any other upper-mid level premier league team.

* 01 Cavalieri,

* 12 Aurelio,

* 37 Skrtel,

* 26 Spearing,

* 28 Plessis,

* 10 Voronin,

* 19 Babel

That was their bench for tonight. Worrying times to be a Liverpool supporter :)

* 01 Cavalieri,

* 12 Aurelio,

* 37 Skrtel,

* 28 Plessis,

* 10 Voronin,

* 19 Babel

That was their bench for tonight. Worrying times to be a Liverpool supporter :)

TBH, all the above do come with reputation, high potential or proven ability. Plessis, Babel and Cavalieri were highly sought after young players, Aurelio was excellent at Sao Paulo and Valencia, Skrtel was a standout for Zenit and Voronin scores goals in Germany for fun.

Benitez is just @#/? and a fraud who wins trophies with other manager's team.

TBH, all the above do come with reputation, high potential or proven ability. Plessis, Babel and Cavalieri were highly sought after young players, Aurelio was excellent at Sao Paulo and Valencia, Skrtel was a standout for Zenit and Voronin scores goals in Germany for fun.

Benitez is just @#/? and a fraud who wins trophies with other manager's team.

To be quite honest, i think Benitez has been too long at Liverpool. He has slowly turned them from top 4, to more like a mid table team. His tactics and team selections, have been horrible. Hicks and Gillet(sp) have got it wrong, by either being too stupid to sack him, or to greedy to pay him when he gets sacked. If Benitez goes, then Mancini or Rijkaard are options. Maybe Souness makes a return ;-)

As somebody said the other day on the BBC, take away Torres and Gerrard and you have Blackburn. Bit harsh on us I think!

Blackburn without a Premier League Trophy to be more precise.

With the exception of Sevilla, not a good week for Spanish teams. Madrid and Barca both beaten at home and Atletico thrashed out of sight by Chelsea.

Edited by philipl

Everton having a mare against Benfica in Europa League, they are 4-0 down at the moment.

Yea but to quote Joe Royle who has said this over and over "this isn't Everton's best team."

I know I'd be a bit naffed off had I gone abroad to watch Rovers and we played like this.

Cardozo destroying them. Wish we had gone for him in the summer...

We probably would have done if we could have afforded him, Kalinic was right on the limit of our budget and Cardozo would have cost a hell of a lot more than that.

Edited by LeChuck

• 2 weeks later...

This competition is a complete crock of poo at this stage. United are getting beat but it doesn't really matter does it? The vast majority of the English teams generally coast through. Tonights Man U game is the first one I've watched this year and it reminds me why I don;t bother. United are going through the motions. Watch Gary Neville for the second CSKA goal as a prime example/ If he had shown any effort he'd probably have got a tackle in.

This part of the tourney is just one big money making racket.

I only tuned in because I thought it was Liverpool tonight and at least they've managed to get themselves into a position that's worth watching.

Edited by Hasta

I've just seen confirmation why Aguero is so highly rated.... Steven Reid eat your heart out!

...and why he'll be wearing a Chelsea shirt and we might yet have a chance of keeping Di Santo.

Quality wasnt he. A nice Volley & a 25 yard free-kick. He would be awesome in the prem. Exactly what Arsenal need to purchase!!

• Downvote 2

Can't stand ITV's ludicrously biased commentary... Don't they understand that some viewers are neutral?

"We are Football United." Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

The sky commentators earlier had the gall to compare the Champions of Europe vs Rubin Kazan to an FA Cup tie.

It's World famous, you know.

• Downvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.