BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poxy Motd Bias

The Match of the Day running order is in, though be warned - it is subject to change:

Man Utd v West Ham

Fulham v Birmingham City

Reading v Tottenham

Bolton v Sunderland

Middlesbrough v Portsmouth

Aston Villa v Wigan

Blackburn v Derby

What a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True it iwas a pretty meaningless game compared to the others, then again so are the two that are on TV live tommorrow. (Arsenal/Everton and Liverpool/City)

We just seem to be on last every week unless were playing one of the 'big four' just don't watch MOTD. Just watch football first (with mute on because of the commentators) and then watch Goals On Sunday. Well that's what I do anyway.

Edited by grizfoot

I am actually a big fan of MOTD2 and think Chiles is an excellent presenter. I hardly ever see MOTD but MOTD2 is required viewing.

I too think MOTD2 is a much better watch especially if we play on a Sunday and are therefore a featured match. What makes it for me is that the presenter Adrian Chiles is a football fan just like us and at least tries to ask the questions of the panel of "experts" that we would like to ask. As for the other MOTD, both presenter and the pundits are all ex footballers who are part of the "we know best club" and come with an agenda. (baggage).

it doesn't bother me that we were on last at all - but to have been put on after the goal of the month competition and have ABSOLUTELY NO analysis whatsoever is taking the proverbial!!!!!!

our game felt really 'pasted' on and removed from the rest of the programme like it was an afterthought..."oh yes and before i forget blackburn rovers played today as well, goodbye everybody"

There is an obvious dislike of Blackburn by the programme and some of its presenters. The coverage of or game last night was insulting, not because it was on last, but because it was on after Goal Of The Month and not a word was said about it. Whenever our games are talked about, they usually focus on the other team or how badly we played. Shearer loves nothing more than to have a go at Rovers. It's as if he is resentful of his time with us and his inability to reach the same heights with Newcastle.

ITV's bias against the Rovers at least has the preceived commercial aspect of getting comatose bums in front of TVs watching adverts.

The BBC MoTD bias is simply a disgraceful abuse of license payers' money as the arrogant smug replies to the complaints show.

In the past you'd get a "we are sorry you feel that way and we will see if we can schedule more time in future" reply.

Now the reply from the BBC reads "I am powerful and a know-all arse and you are nothing."

Edited by philipl

That's why I complained to OFCOM. Suspect nothing will happen, but just thought I'd take it a little further.

Not related to this topic Jan, but are you going to the End of Season Presentation tonight? I remember you there last year

Not related to this topic Jan, but are you going to the End of Season Presentation tonight? I remember you there last year

Wish I was, but I am on a course in Miami on Tuesday so, given that the company was paying for the flight, I took advantage and am having an extra couple of days over there.

It's a tough job..................

From that BBC article...........

"What about football in Spain, France, Holland, Portugal, Germany and, of course, Scotland?

Do we see a scramble of eight or nine clubs chasing the title every year? Not a chance - it is same teams almost every year.

Real Madrid have just claimed Spain's La Liga for the 31st time, while FC Porto, PSV Eindhoven and Olympiakos have all retained titles won last season.

Inter Milan are on course to top Serie A for the third successive season, a feat emulated by Porto in Portugal. PSV and Olympiakos have won four domestic titles in a row while Lyon are set to make it seven straight titles in France."

They are all bloody boring. Champions League has turned every European League into a tedious replica of the annual procession of the big two in Scotland. Avoiding relegation is the priority / measure of success for 80% of all european clubs in the top divisions. That numpty should pay attention to the excellent cut and thrust situation of the Championship.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.