SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Japan 1 Australia 3

dillo_dillo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-1 Japan. Part of me wants Australia to win, with Neill and Emerton and obviously having the links to England, but also I want to see Neill score and own goal and be sent off so he'll sit down and sign that contract. If Neill can have a stinker and Australia still win I'd be happy.

I'm concerned for Australia. The Japanese will be quick, if they can get an early goal, the the Aussies will be up against it.

This Australian team has not played many games together, that could work against them tonight. The upside is that they will get better.

I normally don't do predictions, but 2-1 to the Aussies. Viduka and Cahill.

Just switched on to this at half-time and so far at the 60 min mark there has not been one mention of Lucas Neil; is he playing?

Edit: The commentator just said something about Mark Hughes will be interested to see Brett Emerton playing at centre-half!! I am having great difficulty seeing who is playing in the Aussie back four; need a stong telescope with the camera work as it is!!

Edited by Fife Rover

Hm, great game, don't know how Australia won that 3-1 though. In the end I think they got the rub of the green. In my opinion the goal Japan scored was a good one, but given the standards today the Aussies were certainly unlucky not to have it ruled out, but that was a definite penalty at the end there, no doubt about it. Australia pressed well, though Japan had plenty of opportunity to kill that game off and wasted the ball when they had it in good positions and must be kicking themselves now.

Australia are now in a great position to go through to the second round as long as no one springs a surprise result against Brazil.

Dodgy goal...Neill is doing ok, while Bert continues to do his headless chicken impression!!

Game on.....

Thought Schwarzer was a bit weak about it to be honest. He really needs to be turned on 100% of the time because he's prone to letting easy goals in.

I'm pleased that "my man" Aloisi scored the sealer. :)

ordinary game both side.

I thought Japan 1-2 Soccoroo, 'cause We have no bright side pre World Cup friendly.

though 1-3....

The matter is a lot more worse than I thought.

You looked good up until the final third I thought, but ran out of ideas and were unable to put in a good final ball once you got to around the penalty area. Midfield played well though and you dealt quite well with the larger Aussies at the back.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!! That was brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Australia's first goals and their first ever win at the World Cup and it was no less than we deserved. We dominated posession despite lacking imagination in attack and the brilliance of Cahill and work ethic of Kennedy and Viduka saw us home.

Japan's finishing was woeful and they could have had 5 if any of them knew how to score from a free shot at the top of the square. We'll need to be sharperer in defence against Brazil and Croatia.

Still, one of the finest moments in sporting memory for Australia.

Just brilliant!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.