SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Behaviour

McClarky

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets on kidd ourselve, during the Germany game, 100's of English fans were singing '10 German bombers' which Sky News accently of course showed about 5secs of, without even talking about it. Then, since that moment very early on in the afternoon, no news station has chosen to show that again.

What did they expect to happen, the Germans just to ignor them?

greggyk, that's taking things too far ;)

lets on kidd ourselve, during the Germany game, 100's of English fans were singing '10 German bombers' which Sky News accently of course showed about 5secs of, without even talking about it. Then, since that moment very early on in the afternoon, no news station has chosen to show that again.

What did they expect to happen, the Germans just to ignor them?

nobody bothers about stan boardmans...jaaaaaaaaaaaaarmans bombed our chippy.or the germans singing about mad cow disease.

This is already getting more coverage than the Germany Poland barney. Typical. Looks to me like the England fans are in defensive mode. Hope the World Cup can come off without fans being involved in a major incident.

There have been 4,000 arrests of fans so far of whom 375 have been English. The German authorities are beginning to sort out the Brits who go to a bar at 8.30 in the morning and drink themselves senseless.

Apparently there was a thunderstorm in Stuttgart yesterday evening so that combined with the soporifically boring football played by England kept everything in check.

:rover: god the high and mighty make assumptions from afar,i am in germany,the trouble has been negligible,on saturday night 6 off us were surrounded by 20 germans,we stood our ground and they backed down,the arrests in stuttgart were a joke,the police arrested anyone who was english,i left for ulm at 8.30pm and the mood was ugly,thousands off ###### up germans not english,get your facts right and do not reley on the british press :(:brfc:

From my personal experience in the Euro 2004, english fans are probably the best in the world.

However, some stupid ones are asking for trouble. When you visit another country and keep on singing some bad taste songs, you are not making friends, are you?

It's a shame that this small minority always ruins the image of others...

However, some stupid ones are asking for trouble. When you visit another country and keep on singing some bad taste songs, you are not making friends, are you?

It's a shame that this small minority always ruins the image of others...

You are dead right. The number of times I've had people ask me if I'm a hooligan just because I'm English and like football. There is nothing better than having a few drinks and a chat with likeminded fans from different countries. Mind you, brainless idiots would probably say the same about fighting.

Why was Waggy "surrounded" by 20 Germans?

Froma birds eye working point of view i can offer the follow information.

The English fans have been the best behaved out of the supporters present in Germany. I have been involved heavily in the operation to monitor supporters and can vouch that the arreests per country is highly dominated by the Germans, the Dutch and the Polish supporters.

Yes the England supports have been drunk and had their sing songs. yes some of the and it is a very few number wise that have issued the anti nazi songs and yes there have been some right furking idiots.

The arrests of 300 supporters was simply a preventative matter which the local Police failed to obtain a detention order as NOT ONE of those supporters had any tickets to any game.

As I have said, I have watched and observed first hand the behaviour of the fans attending. I have been int he England camp and I have moved around Germany where the English appear everywhere. 99% of them are enjoying themselves to the full. There have been over 5400 arrests so far. In total, approximately 300 have been charged with a variety of offences ranging from fighting, sexual assault,theft and forgery offences not too mention drunkeness related offences. To date 260 England fans have been deported, I returned home with 28 the other day. All those that have been deported have all been issued with Football banning orders that will run for 3 years.

There are NO Blackburn fans involved as far as I am aware. in the main they are southerners/brummies and the odd northerner.

So there you are, an up to date view from someone involved in the operation itself

You are dead right. The number of times I've had people ask me if I'm a hooligan just because I'm English and like football. There is nothing better than having a few drinks and a chat with likeminded fans from different countries. Mind you, brainless idiots would probably say the same about fighting.

Why was Waggy "surrounded" by 20 Germans?

:rover: waggy was surrounded by 20 germans as he and his mates were tucking into a 6euro all you can eat chinese.the germans came in,saw us did,nt like that we had tables and they were told to wait.when we left they followed us,we all turned round and stood there,they soon melted into the celebrating crowds.anyone who has never been to a major tournament watching england cannot possibly comment on the abuse the english get,the vast majority are brilliant :brfc:

:rover: waggy was surrounded by 20 germans as he and his mates were tucking into a 6euro all you can eat chinese.the germans came in,saw us did,nt like that we had tables and they were told to wait.when we left they followed us,we all turned round and stood there,they soon melted into the celebrating crowds.anyone who has never been to a major tournament watching england cannot possibly comment on the abuse the english get,the vast majority are brilliant :brfc:

Waggy the Lionheart :D

Call him or his mates a name and it's game on.

Australia awaits you :D

I was in Munich and Stuttgart over the weekend and there was a fantastic atmosphere. Sat amongst about a thousand Germans watching the Germany Vs Sweden game in Munich on a big screen wearing my England shirt and we didn't have any trouble.

At the game on Sunday the atmosphere was so good we ended up having a kick about with the stewards after the game (which the English won). The only blight were the idiots singing the German Bombers song and cracking on about 'no surrender'. On the way back to my hotel there were even some fat idiots singing about gassing jews.

95% of England fans were top-class and mixing really well with the Germans. The other 5% are a shame on our country and the German police should be as tough as they need to be.

I was in Munich and Stuttgart over the weekend and there was a fantastic atmosphere. Sat amongst about a thousand Germans watching the Germany Vs Sweden game in Munich on a big screen wearing my England shirt and we didn't have any trouble.

95% of England fans were top-class and mixing really well with the Germans. The other 5% are a shame on our country and the German police should be as tough as they need to be.

Our experiences with the German fans was similar - they were great. We saw no bother at all. This is what it was all about for me - my last WC experience was in France 98 and after the riots in Marseille I felt that we weren't welcomed anywhere we went afterwards - and I speak good French and could explain we weren't nutters. There was still a bad feeling after Marseille.

Probably a combination of things has helped this time - the banning orders, the careful policing, and the fact that thousands upon thousands of England fans now travel - to have fun rather than have fights. The percentage of idiots out of the total number of England fans is therefore much much lower and their influence is diluted.

And Germany was just full of football fans happy to watch any game they could get tickets for - it was a brilliant experience and I can't wait for Austria / Switzerland in two summers time.

Chilling out with the locals in Koln at the Fan Fest, as Germany played Ecuador ...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheesy Switzerland fans in Dortmund

IPB Image

Security firm at Dortmund Fan Fest, not opening an English branch anytime soon with a name like that ...

IPB Image

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmn. Interesting thread, not sure how much i agree/disagree with from a German point of view.

When talking about 'reminding' Germans of Nazi atrocities you need to learn a bit more about post-war Germany and the groups that make it up. A few posters on here seem to have a good idea of WW2 related German history but not the aftermath - this is extremely dangerous imo. I don't feel comfortable talking about my family history on a football site, but like many others in wartime my family took ###### from both sides.

On the subject of the England/Germany and Germany/Poland clashs, you must understand....

The English fans were drunks. The German/ Polish hooligans were just that. BFC Dynamo fans :angry:

Whilst you can stop all known British troublemakers from leaving their island, you cannot stop Polish and East German thugsfrom travelling around the area. It was quite obvious to see that the German troublemakers were all big, tattoed skinheads (not normal behaviour) whilst the English loooked fresh out of Yates' Wine Bar. Of course what was going to happen, happened.

But who were the worst fans in the tournament? Well, we worked on corperate, and i can tell you hands down that those guys are the biggest bunch of uninteresting pr**s you will ever encounter, and next time there are hooligans about, they should all join up and slap the prawn sandwichs brigade about.

And Germany was just full of football fans happy to watch any game they could get tickets for - it was a brilliant experience and I can't wait for Austria / Switzerland in two summers time.

I noticed that. Most World Cups I have seen on TV, the less glamourous games had a tendency to be played in half empty stadiums.

But who were the worst fans in the tournament? Well, we worked on corperate, and i can tell you hands down that those guys are the biggest bunch of uninteresting pr**s you will ever encounter, and next time there are hooligans about, they should all join up and slap the prawn sandwichs brigade about.

Excellent idea Andy! :unsure:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.