SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England 0 Portugal 0

ihtd

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooney stood on the Portugese player's crotch with the ref just feet away. What did he expect to happen?

No problem with the sending off, however I'm not impressed with players who demand the ref to give a card, esspecially when its one of your domestic league team mates.

Thank god Eriksson's gone. Let's look to the future.

its all over :(

I cant believe how bad our penalty taking was. Take a bow Hargreves but as for the rest of you .... :wstu:

I had a feeling Lampard would miss as he has seemed nervous in front of goal all tournament. I was very suprised at Gerrard though.

Edited by Biddy

Thank god Eriksson's gone. Let's look to the future.

I had a feeling Lampard would miss as he has seemed nervous in front of goal all tournament. I was very suprised at Gerrard though.

Agreed, look at the squad selection before they set off for Germany, especially the striker options, 2 injured players and an untried teenager., and there is only one person to blame.

Rooney stood on the Portugese player's crotch with the ref just feet away. What did he expect to happen?

I agree but it seemed to me that the ref missed it. Didn't look like he was about to book anyone for it until C. Ronaldo came up to him and demanded a card, at which point Rooney gave him a little push which the referee clearly reacted to and then produced the red card. If the sending off was for the little push then it's a shocking decision.

Owen Hargreaves was an absolute hero out there today and if people are still going to question his talent, commitment or englishness after this...he can't do more than what he did today. Brilliant defensivly and worked his socks off. Had nothing left to give and STILL scored on his penalty. Lampard and Gerrard take note...

Shame the sending off happened when it did, thought the game might be opening up a little at that stage. A good, solid performance by England though.

Agreed, look at the squad selection before they set off for Germany, especially the striker options, 2 injured players and an untried teenager., and there is only one person to blame.

Yup I blame Steve McClaren as he was the assistant coach and senior coach in waiting.

I can't be arsed with the rest of the tournament so I'll set the VCR.

I'll be going for my original tip from now in.

(the country PhillipL reckoned had no chance of doing much :rolleyes: )

How can Blatter have the cheek to criticise England for being negative when Portugal are still in the competition? When we were down to ten men and for the taking, they didn't even have a striker on the pitch until the last few minutes of normal time! I could take being knocked out if it happened in a different way for once, but it's the same every time.

Edited by yawnsie

agreed. Was not surprised at Lampard at all. he has had a very poor tournament by his standards.

:(

... Ok - only 18 days until our pre-season starts against Accy. Cmon Rovers! :rover:

May I be the first to congratulate Sven-Goren Eriksson. His magnificent achievements with the golden generation have come to nothing.

£25 million down the toilet

England haven't played at all in the WC

Defeat in the quarter-finals of three major tournaments

Five years wasted

Progress = zero

Goodbye, good riddance, with luck he'll get a banning order.

May I be the first to congratulate Sven-Goren Eriksson. His magnificent achievements with the golden generation have come to nothing.

Five years wasted

Progress = zero

He's probably had more shags than Abbey though :D

Five years wasted

I'll second that...

Just think if he hadnt done the dirty on Uncle Jack, Rovers would have paid him a fortune for negative football.

Five years wasted

Damn right, Paul. The stats might state otherwise but the guy has been a horrendous appointment.

Imo this England 'failure' boils down to his spineless nature which prevented him from choosing one from Gerrard and Lampard . They can't play together, how many bleedin matches do they need to play before that is concluded?

Edited by rover6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.