BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Target Cristiano Ronaldo

jim mk2

Yes certain players are worse than others, but to suggest that whole teams are a lot worse is nothing but racism.

What complete nonsense. It doesn't even come close to racism.

It's pathetic whining like that which has blurred the meaning of 'racism', no wonder so many people are screaming it at inappropiate times. I really can't be bothered going into it completely (I'm sure one of the anti-PC brigade would be more than happy if needs be), but it completely undermines the true severity of racism when you compare peoples' views on the actions of a national football to (for example) the apartheid era in South Africa during the late 1900s. That was racism. Saying the Portuguese team are divers is not and never will be.

Edit: Urgh, sorry...I quoted this before going on to the next page, I hadn't expected so many people to pick up on it. I wasn't just joining in, honest.

Edited by LeChuck

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for diving, cheating etc, EVERY TEAM DOES IT. Yes certain players are worse than others, but to suggest that whole teams are a lot worse is nothing but racism. Eddie suggests the Germans were very quick to go down on the floor. Really? Ballack was going down all over the place but the rest of the team were no worse than anyone else. Having a go at Ronaldo is just the typical English blame game. At least this time the scapegoat gets paid enough to deal with it, unlike the unfortunate referee from the last time.

My problem with the Germans was more the calling for cards and applauding and patting the ref on the back when he gave them, not nice to see, give me a stamp over that any day (and I mean that).

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.