BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

July 1st 5.20pm I Annouced My Retirement

waggy

:rover: on saturday what should have been a fantastic day for me was ruined by fifa,and those fooking ticket machines.arrived at the staduim at 4.10pm found our entrance at 4.25pm,got through the frisking into the turnstiles,rob from liverpool ticket turns green.mine turns flipping red.off to the ticket office :angry:

fifa-your ticket is a re-print

waggy -wrong

fifa -your ticket is a reprint

waggy- no it is not,this ticket was printed at stuttgart in the fifa office.

fifa-please go to the ticket centre-time 4.45pm

ticket centre is 200 metres form the ground,wrong more like a mile,in the ticket centre the same thing

fifa -this ticket is a reprint

waggy -no it is not,ring stuttgart and ask.

fifa-- why should we do that

waggy-because you issued the ticket,u clowns

by now you could here the national anthem being sung,big screen in fifa office is my place to watch the game.

fifa-if you pay 95 euros we reissue the ticket.

waggy -thankyou sepp platter i will pay for my seat twice,time 5.15pm

ticket arrives in hand 5.20pm at which i announce my retirement after 6 world cups,the world cup is not for fans any more. :brfc:

It sounds like the ticket system has been a complete joke from start to finish.

1) You needed a mastercard (official credit card of the world cup, of course) to buy tickets in the first place.

2) The World Cup ticketing organisation made a load of cash on the interest from both successful and unsuccessful ticket applications for months until they announced who had tickets. Unsuccessful applications receieved their cash back minus an administration fee (essentially charging you to earn them interest).

3) Too few real fans in the stadium.

4) Too many corporate ticket holders making a personal profit on selling their 'comp' tickets to the genuine fans.

5) Difficulties such as those experienced by Waggy when you finally do arrive at the ground.

The fan loses out and other businesses and individuals profit at their expense. As per usual when it comes to the business of football, there are people queuing up to exploit the loyalty of those who finance the game through their love for the sport and their team.

I agree with fifa being crap. Everytime a sale fell through or the tickets were put up for resale they added a charge on top until prices for the last few tickets were obserd.

Real fans got barely any tickets to see games, those we bought off a tout were given to the portugese federation to sell to their fans but somehow managed to find there way to an english tout.

Less corporate rubbish and get the real fans back into the stadiums!

Waggy you were not alone

I am aware that about 15 supporters suffered the same scenario. I know tht whilst I was outside the stadium 2 fans were arrested after @abusing@ the ticket staff, they were later charged and kept in overnight, both came back to the Uk with me and were rightly annoyed.

There is apparently a system in place for compensation so I suggest you contact fifa helpline.

Did anyone who had the pleasure of being out there notice exactly how many empty corporate seats wee available ?

I am aware one of the German banks had 50 tickets a game (every game that is) and tht they very rarely used them. Now thats annoying.

Real fans got barely any tickets to see games, those we bought off a tout were given to the portugese federation to sell to their fans but somehow managed to find there way to an english tout.

the ticket i got my hands on, was meant to be the mexican managers assistant :unsure:

100 euro ticket :o

only paid 300 too

For all of you complaining about the number of corporate holders in the seats, how many were actually there (besides Modes)? The big thing to me seemed that the ones not into it were more local German fans, or those like us who just wanted to see World Cup football so went to games other than our country's. I thought the atmosphere was tremendous at all the matches, even Iran/Angola.

I thought it was a great time and that with enough patience online tickets were easily available. Like Jan, we got all of ours from the official site (or through US Soccer).

I thought it was a great time and that with enough patience online tickets were easily available. Like Jan, we got all of ours from the official site (or through US Soccer).

but it is no good, if like me, you do not have a mastercard

but it is no good, if like me, you do not have a mastercard

We paid for ours by bank transfer - not a mastercard in sight.

27 Euros each for Togo v Switzerland (Dortmund)

27 Euros each for England v Sweden (Cologne)

Apparently they were 27 Euros because they were "restricted view" - this was the view in Dortmund ... (of Arsenal forward Adebayor taking a dive to be precise)

IPB Image

This was the view in Cologne ...

IPB Image

Quite how I can now contemplate paying 30 to 40 quid for Rovers games when I paid just 19 for World Cup magic I'm not sure ....

The entire trip (just short of a week) including flights (Heathrow - Amsterdam), 1st class train from Ams into Germany, both match tickets, rail transfers in Germany, hotel near Dusseldorf, 7 taxis and a classy 3 course slap up meal by a lake cost around 370 quid each (+ beer money). It's amazing what you can do with a bit of research and a bit of planning.

Edited by Tris

(fictional)......but plausable, very plausable

So, you get fc*ked over by FIFA, in the heat and passion of the moment you try to take control of the situation, local offical tells local plod you are assulting tim. You get arrested.

You get a crimial record, you cant get a new job for 5 years cause of CRB checks. Your life in tatters....

you come home get flashed by trafic cams on M60 roadworks (40mph) driving back from airport . Your house has been burgled, local police say , sorry mate nothing we can do.

You get fined 60quid, 3point, and your insurance goes up £200

you get depressed and doc puts you on drugs.

Is football worth it?

(fictional)......but plausable, very plausable

So, you get fc*ked over by FIFA, in the heat and passion of the moment you try to take control of the situation, local offical tells local plod you are assulting tim. You get arrested.

You get a crimial record, you cant get a new job for 5 years cause of CRB checks. Your life in tatters....

you come home get flashed by trafic cams on M60 roadworks (40mph) driving back from airport . Your house has been burgled, local police say , sorry mate nothing we can do.

You get fined 60quid, 3point, and your insurance goes up £200

you get depressed and doc puts you on drugs.

Is football worth it?

:brfc: it certianley is,at the moment i have a bigger quandry,do i give anna from krarkow with the 38DD 50 euro,s or do i stay on the ###### all day :P:brfc:

Admit it Waggy, you never left England all summer, never punched the bloke at work, didn't run a bar in Portugal and have been concocting your international tales of derring-do from a bunker somewhere under Blackburn college library.

Admit it Waggy, you never left England all summer, never punched the bloke at work, didn't run a bar in Portugal and have been concocting your international tales of derring-do from a bunker somewhere under Blackburn college library.

...and the rumours of a musical based on your exploits are a load of b&llox :brfc:B):blink:

:brfc: it certianley is,at the moment i have a bigger quandry,do i give anna from krarkow with the 38DD 50 euro,s or do i stay on the ###### all day :P:brfc:

give her 25 ....handjob and ghet back on ale....UNKLE ABBEY STRIKES AGAIN

I would say the ecstasy of the moment can drown anything for that perfect moment of pleasure, but if you got a lot of cr4p to come back to......stay on the P***

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.