BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gold Ball Winner

Perth_Rover

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=40...+line+for+award

Here's this years short list. I must say watching all the australia games lucas would have gone pretty close to the list.

My pick, Buffon. The main reason there in the final, other reason is pirlo

Buffon an excellent choice. However, the standard for midfield play in this tournament, and for the last 12 years, is being set by Zinedine Zidane.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=40...+line+for+award

Here's this years short list. I must say watching all the australia games lucas would have gone pretty close to the list.

My pick, Buffon. The main reason there in the final, other reason is pirlo

Wouldn't really say Pirlo, not been that impressive. Cannavaro on the other hand, especially how he played against Germany in the semi.

Cannavaro is the best defender in the world. He has been peerless in this tournament.

Zidane is one the greatest players ever but he has not performed for the whole World Cup.

Edited by Rovermatt

This just proves how low is the level of sports journalism.

He made 2 good games, scored 2 penalties and nothing more, really.

Oh, yeah, he got sent off too :P

I wouldn't even pick him for the best 23...

That's a bit rough, he is my World Cup squad just not the best player of the tournament

Even if it was only 2 games where he was the worlds best, he still was outstanding and a lot ahead of the majority of the rest of the players

all sounds abit silly eh, there was talk zidane was going to be dropped for the 2nd round game against spain as he was that bad in the first 2 group games, then susspended for the 3rd game. wot aload of crap.

buffon imo was immense all the way through the tournament, he would of been my winner.

That's a bit rough, he is my World Cup squad just not the best player of the tournament

Even if it was only 2 games where he was the worlds best, he still was outstanding and a lot ahead of the majority of the rest of the players

For me, Zidane and Figo wouldn't be in the 23.

They are only there because they are/were world class players.

But in this WC, they were average.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.