SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup Final, Zidane thinks its Over

philipl

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The French and North African divide is very strong. France are quite happy for what non-French would see as foreigners playing for them, they don't even see it that way. Really though the list of real Frenchman in the past few years is quite short, especially if you look for white Frenchman.

I will be very disappointed if Italy doesn't win this, they have been the best team throughout and deserves a win against an, for me, uninspiring French team.

The only reason I can see that could make me want French victory in this match is Zinedine Zidane, but he has won enough in his career anyway - it's a lot more important to me that Francesco Totti get a gold to wrap up his International career. As I have said earlier, I rate him above anyone else in the world in club football, but he has struggled more for Italy. He has been performing better and better throughout this tournament whilst regaining fitness, and even though I expect France to try and take him out of the game with some tough tackles early on, I believe he will stand out and help Italy win this.

Forza Italia!

Your reason for wanting Italy to win is my exact reason for wanting them to lose...i hate Totti!

The right team won that. Moment of madness from Zidane, he didn't deserve to touch that trophy. Lesson on how to take penalties from the Italians. Diving and headbutting, the world cup trend continued.

The French blew that big time. Quite apart from ZZ Head Butt, Barthez was a fully at fault for Matterazzi's equaliser and never looked likely to get anywhere near the Italian penalties. The French substitutions were a bit odd.

Anyway it is a night of car horns and air horns here.

That Zidane moment of madness left me lost for words. He's had a great world cup and it was looking like he would have a wonderful end to a great career....and he does something like that. You have to wonder what Materazzi said to him, but that was increadibly stupid...shocking. It'll taint his world cup.

I enjoyed the game, one of the better games of the tournament for me. Italy were slightly better in the first half and France were far better after the break. They would have deserved a victory in normal time really but it wasn't to be.

A great dive for the first penalty, good to learn from the game against Portugal.

I was under the impression that the only ones that dived were portuguese players and they were cheating @#/?s because of this. :P

I think we all owe ZZ a big round of applause for making that final something to talk about. What a wonderful and glorious moment of lunacy, which lightened an otherwise dull match.

A Keith Moon "telly out of the hotel window" moment. A Rooney stomp; Ronaldo dives; Sven taking Theo; Graham Poll & his three yellow cards; that Russian ref with his 16 yellow and 4 red cards.

Brilliant, without all that lot it would have been a bore.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.