BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Germany V Portugal

rover6

Sorry for having the temerity to start this topic despite not being allocated to do a preview - but I'm guessing no-one else can be bothered. If someone has spent the last two weeks preparing an immaculate piece of literature on this match, please just shove this aside.

Germany v Portugal:

Background

So who cares who finishes third at the World Cup? Well the Germans do. After their dramatic exit at the hands of Christian Grosso (Spurs fans must've been surprised) and Alessandro Del Piero (he's signing for Spurs) in the semis, this serves as an opportunity to lick their wounds in public. The Germans were one of the few teams that played up to their potential in this World Cup - and for that they should be praised.

Portgual manager, Quite Tall Phil Scolari, has cast doubts about his teams capacity to play in this match. Weather reports suggest that there will be a gentle breeze blowing and if this does prove true, many of the Portuguese players will be troubled and may even tumble to the ground in a dying-swan kind of way.

[OKLAHOMA THIS IS A BAD JOKE]. Portgual do deserve credit for getting this far bearing in mind they played the whole tournament with 10 men and a Jon Stead fan who goes by the name of Pauleta.

Team News

All the players of the two squads are desperate to fulfill their dreams by playing in this match. Michael Ballack opts out with cash-flow problems, so Tim Borowski is set to partner Frings in central midfield. Jens Lehmann has generously said he would step-aside to allow Oliver Kahn to play this game but the grumpy one told him where to go. Bastian Schweinsteiger will return to the left flank to resume his excellent partnership with Phillip Neville down the left. (He actually runs like Neville - believe me).

Portgual have a few problems of their own. Ricardo Carvalho misses this game as a result of helping Thierry Henry to the ground, Caneira may deputise. Nifty but injured full-back, Miguel, makes way for Paulo Ferreira

Players to Watch

Germany: Miroslav Klose: The Polish born German striker looks certain to win the Golden Boot and a goal or two in this game will make that an inevitability.

Portugal: Cristiano Ronaldo: Will he dive? Will he cry? Will he score after a mazy dribble to silence the jeers? Will an England fan hurdle the stewards, get on the pitch and slice him up into myriad small pieces and then sell them as bratwurst?

Prediction

The MOTD pundit team to make many derogatory and disrespectful comments and generally bore the pants of the viewers with their smugness.

Oh and Germany to win cos I have a few of their players in my fantasy team.

Edited by rover6

Good prediction.

And good joke too.

Instead of Caneira, it's Ricardo Costa that will get his first WC game.

Don't know if Scolari will make more changes but I sure hope he does.

I would want him to use the less used players.

For me, Portugal would play like this:

Quim (GK)

P. Ferreira R. Costa Caneira Boa Morte

Costinha

Deco Tiago

H. Viana

N. Gomes H. Postiga

But I know it won't happen. So, besides the two injured, maybe only Costinha will be replaced by Petit.

My prediction: Portugal 3 - Germany 0

In dives, Portugal 4 - Germany 2 (Portugal currently has 3 more dives than Germany :P )

So far so good with Portugals own goal...ahahahahahahahhahha

Loving the game!

If Portugal lose this game, and Ronaldo not getting the award, then the debt to Rooney will have been repaid - big style!

<rubs hands in anticipation of Germany winning tonight>

:lol::lol:

Good game. Two absolute belters from Pigmounter.

As Zidane retires tomorrow, so the great Luis Figo says goodbye to the international stage this evening. The one player equal to Zidane and Ronaldo over the last ten years, he may have tainted his reputation over the last couple of games. However the man's a legend and will be missed.

Good game. Two absolute belters from Pigmounter.

As Zidane retires tomorrow, so the great Luis Figo says goodbye to the international stage this evening. The one player equal to Zidane and Ronaldo over the last ten years, he may have tainted his reputation over the last couple of games. However the man's a legend and will be missed.

First one wasn't a belter, it was crap keeping.

First one wasn't a belter, it was crap keeping.

If Rooney had smashed that one in, it would have been a belter. Cole's against Sweden was a belter but Isaksson should have done better, but that doesn't detract from what a good strike it was.

Come on now, Cole's was in the corner, keeper could have saved it but would have been a very good save. If you are a Portuguese supporter you can't be happy and if Friedel lets one like that in next year I won't care how much you can say the ball moved. Has nothing to do with who struck it, he has a terrific strike, as he showed later, he hit it the first well, but down the middle should be saved. I have German friends and all I hear is all their talk about the pig boy, so I have a lot of respect for him, just would expect more from an international keeper.

Who did Englang play, btw?

Englang didn't play anybody, i have never heard of them.

Did portugal lose ;) For the record it was both a belter and crap keeping. The ball moved massively in the air but the keeper should have done better.

also rover6: stop taking the limelight off portugal's diving :)

Anyone speak German?

The Colin family is half convinced that Schweinsteiger translates to pig-tiger.

Is this true?

I think it means one who raises pigs, or it might be a pigsticker, not sure how the translation would work.

I thought that was Rebecca Loos

(PS I'd forgotten her name so I typed Beckham's mistress into Google- there probably needs to be an allegedly in there somewhere)

I think the correct term is 'alternative wife' Phillip ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.