BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Get Your Clocks Ready

Guest Kamy100

But they don't have to qualify, they have to qualify for the FINALS. People discount the rest of the tournament, all of the "qualifiers." Really they are the earlier rounds. It would be like the FA champs being put in the quarterfinals.

Could you please explain your statement to me in English?

You've lost me there.

Am I right in thinking Tris thinks the cup holders should automatically be in the final 32?

I was under the impression the English FA had already agreed to be "on standby" to host at short notice?

The stadium rules are a capacity of over 30k, but 40k preferred, two stadiums over 60k and only two can be in one city.

Eg, If we did it and London had Ashburton Grove and Wembley, grounds like the COMS would be ineligible.

I heard that the USA was on standby. Maybe through hope more than anything else, but they did it for the prestigious women's world cup a year or two back after China backed out. Apples and oranges though. it would be interesting to see fan mile's in America where public drinking is banned, but I'd think they'd try to make an exception for the World Cup.

American, you live in Boston don't you? Was the WC Final big screen party alcohol free or did they have tents?

Edited by speeeeeeedie

For the world cup, you need 10 stadiums with over 40,000 capsity. Stadiums below that mark are not to be used under fifa rules. In the europeans championships however, you only need 8 over 30k hence perhaps the confusion on here.

Are they serious about taking it away from SA? Ive got mates from uni out there and i was planning a trip in 4 yrs time. Is this all rumor or has fifa actually commented on it??

It would be like the FA champs being put in the quarterfinals.

No, it wouldn't. It would be like putting the FA Cup holders into the preliminary (qualifiying) rounds involving the none-league clubs.

The group "qualifiers" are called "qualifying" groups for a reason...they're how you qualify for the World Cup tournament. By your theory the World Cup would be held approximately every two years, with each one lasting that amount of time.

Would probably help boost 'soccer' interest in Australia though.

Estimated population of Australia: 20,155,000 (sandwiched between Sri Lank and Mozambique).

I can't understand why FIFA would want to disgruntle billions of European fans in the hope of attracting a relatively small market.

Incidently, aren't Australia joining the Asian football federation? I can't see FIFA wanting to hold two out of three World Cups in AFC member countries.

The whole story sounds like a fabrication to me.

Edited by LeChuck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.