BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Anyone know if 'The Music' are still together?

Thought they were very much underrated andnever really got the same credit as more moderate acts such as Kasabian and Razorlight.

'Freedom Fighters' and 'Take the long road and walk it' are awesome tunes.

Anyone know if 'The Music' are still together?

Thought they were very much underrated andnever really got the same credit as more moderate acts such as Kasabian and Razorlight.

'Freedom Fighters' and 'Take the long road and walk it' are awesome tunes.

As is Welcome To The North, a song that really should be played at Ewood whenever poncy southern sides come calling.

They are still together.

Edited by Rovermatt

For those with electronic and experimental inclinations, October's been a good month.

Some bits I've picked up so far...

Kode9 + The Spaceape - Memories of the Future LP

Squarepusher - Hello Everything LP

Milanese - Extend LP

Clark - Body Riddle LP

Calibre - Deranged EP

I guess that's not a bad ratio. :lol:

Anyway, Peel loved Bolt Thrower so he was fine in my book.

:D mother (Please don't use that word again)er! I meant one good song every show

Danko Jones, brilliant!! Good trash talk is always fun, and his badass attitude was underbuilt by an energetic performance. "Lovercall" - great song. John Garcia stepped in to play four or five songs aswell, including a song by his former band Kyuss. Good night!

Danko jones has the stage presense of Elvis, hes like the Speedo ( RFTC ) of the 2000's

:D They've taken that silly "the Darkness" thing even further..

Sorry, Cletus, I'm still not sure what you did, was it a pun of some sort? Anyways, the Cynics were fantastic, a real cult garage band it seems. (I can see why!)

Was looking forward to seeing the Bloody Hollies in Oslo the 22th, but it looks like the Feyenoord match will put an end to that.. close future: Kaizers Orchestra, Minor Majority and probably Black Debbath.

(The name Black Debbath of course comes from Black Sabbath - debatt is also the Norwegian word for 'debate'.) Fun little band, combining metal with humorous lyrics about politics etc. They also have a cd named "Mongo Norway", which is a (and I quote:) "more realistic tourist guide"..

They are currently touring in Norway with a Henrik Ibsen salute, with the suitable single "Motorhedda Gabler". (Hedda Gabler being a character from one of his most famous plays, "et dukkehjem").

Youtube can as always help..

The Fall, Sun 12th, The Old Brewery Strangeways.

£16

Should I, Shouldn't I ? Should I, Shouldn't I ?

How can you not? Aside from the impossible, I'm struggling to think of something better than The Fall at The Warehouse Project. It will be absolutely amazing.

Full report required please...

Pretty damn good, Mr Fleming. They only played about for an hour or so, which isn't really enough, and had a few too many rubbish songs in the set, but you can't really argue with Angel of Death, Raining Blood, Seasons in the Abyss, South of Heaven etc.

Tom Araya is a bit of a shadow of his former self these days (no intro scream in Angel of Death :( ), but its not the sort of thing you really notice when the rest of the band are in full flow.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to extend a massive thank you to the SECC for opening the doors an hour before stated on the ticket, making me miss all but two songs by Children of Bodom (the only other good band on the bill). Clowns.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.