BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

I went with my dad to to see Elton John in the Odyssey Arena in Belfast last night. Bloody hell what a showman he is, and a truly superb musician. Some of the arrangements and song writing is jaw-dropping. In this age of faceless, dumb celebrity, it's refreshing to see a true star still at the top of his game. To quote Homer Simpson: 'No new stuff, just the hits!'

Edited by Rovermatt

How old are you Cletus? Just checking that like me you're not in your mid 20s.................................. ;):D

I`ll tell you how old i am. I went to watch a local band do their 1st gig the other night. I`d had a few to drink & told the bass player i thought his mum was "hot". How embarrassing is that?

.....his girlfriend was hotter though ;)

This week I have mostly been listening to The Twang. Quite good but think I may get bored of them quickly - hope I am wrong though

The singers voice does sound very dull & boring after you've listened to a few songs by them in my opinion. I always get mixed up with them and The Enemy. I however don't mind The Enemy they are okay.

The singers voice does sound very dull & boring after you've listened to a few songs by them in my opinion. I always get mixed up with them and The Enemy. I however don't mind The Enemy they are okay.

Yes agreed that all the songs kind of mold into the same one. Now the Enemy is an album I am looking forward too

the crue were awsome last night ,a short set tho which was dissappointing but they were awsome...how they never burnt the appollo down is beyond me with there pyros...papa roach on a s well a good show but papa stuff soundds the same .

special thanks to efeerecesense drummer who stood in for tommy due to tendonitus ..he was fantastic and tommy was there with him the entire time..

when i say motley you say crue

Edited by ABBEY

Motley Crue are embarrassing. Sorry Abbey but they're really naff big hair ponces. And Papa Smurf are one of the worst bands of the last 20 years with their fake whiny depression. They're as bad as Nickelback.

I'm not into many new bands either, they all sound the same to me. They're either serious, slightly arty indie (e.g. Editors), or the kind of rougher indie that Oasis started off as (e.g. Little Man Tate, that band from Dundee). And if its a solo singer, they're one of those 'heartfelt' singer-songwriters who write boring love songs whilst strumming an acoustic gituar (e.g. James Blunt, James Morrisson).

We need a new Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana or Metallica to get things pumping again.

Abbey, I'm not a Motley Crue fan but I did read their autobiography recently. It was recommended by a friend and was an amazing read.

To be fair it's absolutely amazing that they are on stage together with what they have been through, probably more amazing that they are all actually still alive. It was touch and go with Nicki Sixx at one stage.

Off to see John Bramwell from I am Kloot at North Bar tonight. Can't wait :tu:

Do you know if it's his solo material or the new Kloot stuff? Either way I'd bet it'll be a good show.

They played some new Kloot songs last time I saw them in Manchester which were superb. He also headlines the occasional acoustic night in Manchester, but I always end up missing 'em!

Motley Crue are embarrassing. Sorry Abbey but they're really naff big hair ponces.

We need a new Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana or Metallica to get things pumping again.

billy the crue are the 2nd greatest ever only just behind ac/dc....they are legends not eggasagerated ...

hendix was good..metallica good..nirvana i thought were ok no better

I don't mind a bit of cheesy rock, but Motley Crue are just too much. The whole hair metal scene became a abomination, as the bands became increasingly concerned about drugs and hairspray and less about the actual music. Poison, Motley Crue and all the rest were just a bunch of girly hairdressers really. AC/DC are the right side of the line though. I quite like them. And if you want pyrotechnics, watch Rammstein.

I mentioned Nirvana as they were a band that spearheaded the grunge scene that was a reaction against the dodgy music that pretended to be rock or metal at that time.

I know, old news, but keep your backs to the wall ...... click . Watch out with that wavy perm Abbs ;)

I'm sure Mark Radcliffe was talking about this last week. Apparently Halford didn't invent the 'studs and leather' look for the band, he was on his way to a party with his fruity friends when he was asked to join the band.

Mark also mentioned ten benson, who I would like to nominate for 'the best album title ever'.

Gentlemen I give you "Satan Kidney Pie"

Just listened to Boxer by the National. Not a bad CD at all. Probably needs another listen but quite like it.

Bought Boxer this morning on the strength of their last album, Aligator (which is a brilliant album) and have to say I'm impressed already. :tu:

Looking forward to catching The National on tour in November already!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.