BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

I went to watch the Enemy last night at Manchester Apollo.. If I'm honest I wasn't looking forward to it at all but it wasn't actually that bad. They sounded abit like the The Jam with a couple of songs they sang which is always a bonus in my book but I have to say I was quite surprised that I enjoyed it. One song that stood out to me was 'We'll live and die in these towns.'

Good Album that one - some good tunes even if they all kind of blend into one song

Currently listening too the new Ian Brown album - you always know what your going to get from him - quality stuff. Would definitely recommend to anyone who likes his previous stuff

I work with Ian Brown's brother.. When we sit in meetings he always has one arm over the back of the chair and is extremely laid back almost literally. Wonder where he gets it from :blink: I love the Stone Roses brilliant band.

Good Album that one - some good tunes even if they all kind of blend into one song

Yes I can see where your coming from. Some of the songs were quite similiar to others. It made up for an almost disasterous night. The communication or lack of it we received from Manchester Academy was terrible. They changed the bloody venue at the last minute from Manchester Academy but we hadn't been notified. If we had been late we would have missed most of it. I just wonder how many travelled by train and were then scrambling for taxi's!!! :huh:

I work with Ian Brown's brother.. When we sit in meetings he always has one arm over the back of the chair and is extremely laid back almost literally. Wonder where he gets it from :blink: I love the Stone Roses brilliant band.

REALLY :blink: You should get yourself invited round - that would be awsome.

Flopsy Posted Today, 08:42

Anyone got Rainbow's by Radiohead, you can pay what you think the album's worth.

For some reason they wouldnt except a steaming dog pooh as legal tender.

Spoil Sports.

I like many others loved Pablo Honey/Bends and Ok Computer but when they decided to go all arty it just went durge. I still dont understand what the hell Kid A is all about to this day. Have got the new album. Have only listened to 3 tracks so far. One sounded alright. One sounded like it should have been on Kid A. And one called Jigsaw Falling into Place (I actually looked at what it was called because I like the sound) sounded like their old stuff which was good.

As for how they have gone about selling their album. Fair play to them.

Yes I can see where your coming from. Some of the songs were quite similiar to others. It made up for an almost disasterous night. The communication or lack of it we received from Manchester Academy was terrible. They changed the bloody venue at the last minute from Manchester Academy but we hadn't been notified. If we had been late we would have missed most of it. I just wonder how many travelled by train and were then scrambling for taxi's!!! :huh:

This Song - The Enemy.

Half the kids who you grew up with,

Were pushin prams by the time that they were just sixteen,

If love is a drug then where is the cure,

For the girl who used to talk to you about her dream.

And all the boys with all their toys,

Couldnt see the signs as we scortched out eyes with nicotine,

And the grown ups said, listen to your head,

But our hearts were crying out for heroes on TV screens.

Now this song is about you,

Now this song is about...

Changes in your mind,

Changes in your life,

Changes in the times,

And the reason you can't sleep at night,

Changes in your mind,

Changes in your life,

Changes in the times,

And the reason you gave up the fight.

Half the kids that arnt pushing prams,

Are pushing pills to boys and girls who are half their age

And the pubs and clubs are full of drunks,

They dont remember the day the were born or even their mum or the names.

An old man sings a tune but hes drowned out by a fight next to a fruit machine.

And all of this, our hearts, our nation,

A total lack of civilization,

Will it ever be the same?

Now this song is about you,

Now this song is about...

Changes in your mind,

Changes in our lives,

Changes in the times,

And the reason you we cant sleep at night,

Changes in our mind,

Changes in our lives,

Changes in the times,

And the reason we gave up the fight.

Now this song....is about, is about, is about you,

Now this song....is about, is about, is about you

Edited by graham_

Anyone got Rainbow's by Radiohead, you can pay what you think the album's worth.

For some reason they wouldnt except a steaming dog pooh as legal tender.

Spoil Sports. :)

Fair enough, I know a lot of people don't like the band, but merely hearing music must be dangerous for someone of such low intellect that you barely display a minimal grasp on your first language.

Careful now. Turn the radio on and your head might explode.

Well that comment's just reinforced my opinion of most Radiohead fans.

You have no sense of humour, what so ever, pretentious and believe that anyone who might question the great OK Computer or the deity formally known as Thom Yorke knows nothing about music.

You also appear to think that the sun shines out of Thom Yorke's arse. Which is surprising considering how far up it, his own head is inserted.

OK Computer is not the best album in the world, its not even the best album by Radiohead.

Thats The Bends and probably Pablo Honey's above it aswell.

However to give them their due, they do fantastically good videos

Music is wonderful because people like different things, and hate different things, I might dislike Radiohead since OK, but its nothing compared to my hatred of The Streets, R&B, Rap or Boy Bands.

Edited by Flopsy

Oh, right. I didn't think that I'd raised any issue with you disliking their music, merely that, as opposed to your belief that I might have some unwavering desire to force RH down everyone's throats, it does seem to me that some people will have a preformed opinion of a certain band's music as wanky pretentious rubbish before even listening to it. Some people may also show signs of being completely stupid.

But thanks for correcting me, and for pointing out that your previous post somehow indicates a sense of humour. Maybe if I throw a LOL or a few hundred spelling mistakes into each post, I could be as hilarious as you.

I think you missed my point, but carry on getting your arse in your hands. I never called it wanky pretentious rubbish, I asked whether anyone had heard it? Then made a joke about paying what I think it is worth. For those who are up to date with my dislike of RH since OK was released, then you would know it was tongue in cheek.

Hence

the

;)

at the end of spoil sports. If you want to see patronising, have a look at this

Fair enough, I know a lot of people don't like the band, but merely hearing music must be dangerous for someone of such low intellect that you barely display a minimal grasp on your first language.

Careful now. Turn the radio on and your head might explode.

and when you're ready to point out my spelling mistakes in any of the last few posts, please feel free.

My issues are usually typing badly, not spelling. But hey lets get back to how great Radiohead are (or not), or how patronising your reply was, which really got on my tits

You have no sense of humour, what so ever, pretentious and believe that anyone who might question the great OK Computer or the deity formally known as Thom Yorke knows nothing about music.

You also appear to think that the sun shines out of Thom Yorke's arse. Which is surprising considering how far up it, his own head is inserted.

OK Computer is not the best album in the world, its not even the best album by Radiohead.

Thats The Bends and probably Pablo Honey's above it aswell.

However to give them their due, they do fantastically good videos

Music is wonderful because people like different things, and hate different things, I might dislike Radiohead since OK, but its nothing compared to my hatred of The Streets, R&B, Rap or Boy Bands.

I am not the biggest Radiohead fan in the world, but i think The Bends is probably one of their best albums. And i have Thom Yorke's album, which is pretty good and you can see some of radiohead shining through.

I think i`d be able to retire on the profits of selling 4 Led Zep tickets.

Current highest bid on ebay is £930. Only a couple of people selling though - much to my surprise.

BTW if anyone has spare tickets for Springsteen - London or anywhere easy to reach in Europe - please let me know.

Surely to display a sense of humour you have to hear a good joke in the first place?

I'm surprised how preciously you responded to that considering how many people on here have jovial digs at you!

;)

so other than Scotty, has anyone else heard it?

Only my opinion, but Radiohead went a bit iffy after 'the bends'

Fake plastic trees....one of my all time faves.

What's the general consensus on the Courteeners then?

Kooks/AMs wannabees or the new Manc vibe?

Best ever gig attended ? (can't be arassed to start a new thread)

Got to be between

The Jam - King Georges Hall

Motorhead - King Georges Hall

The Pogues - KGH/Hacienda/Brixton Academy

Killing Joke - Sheffield Top Rank/KGH Windsor suite/Ashton-u-lyne Metro

Sex Gang Children - Francs, Colne

Southern Death Cult - Francs, Colne

Stone Roses - Preston Guild Hall Foyer

Oasis - Avenham Park, Preston

Section 25 - The Club, Blackburn

The Smiths - Elizabethan Suite, Upstairs at DJs, Blackburn

The Clash - King Georges Hall

New Order - King Georges Hall

The Cramps - Teatro Tenda, Rome

King Kurt - King Georges Hall

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.