BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Please note that Metallica have released a new album. They're past their best, but they can still do it.

5 hour Metallica special tonight on Radio 1 from 7pm until midnight.

Spurs v Villa will have to be on with the sound turned down ...

Just heard that Rick Wright the keyboard player from Pink Floyd had died.

Very sad news as Floyd were the first "proper" band I got into when I was growing up(many years ago!),especially the album Wish You Were Here.

Pink Floyd certainly made some great music and Rick Wrights keyboards were an intergral part of their sound.

5 hour Metallica special tonight on Radio 1 from 7pm until midnight.

Spurs v Villa will have to be on with the sound turned down ...

If you haven't seen it yet, I'd HIGHLY suggest seeing the documentary that was made about Metallica while they were recording St Anger. Absolutely fascinating.

Seconded. Lars Ullrich is not sane.

Abbey: I look forward to the tour too, will be my first opportunity to see them live. Hopefully they will stop by Norway on their tour.. Pearl Jam will also release a new album soon, and I've promised myself to see them again (went to Prague on their last tour) - and after the Roskilde tragedy, they haven't played a lot of gigs in Scandinavia.

On a side note, Eddie Vedder's "Into The Wild" (soundtrack) is a quality release.

Got the new Metallica album (unfortunately, was on a trip and didn't have good CDs for the ride back, so I had to pay for it!). REALLY good. Can't find a track on the album I don't like. I'd say the last 3 tracks or so are utterly brilliant.

Also got Springsteen live at Hammersmith. Possibly the greatest concert performance in Rock history.

I got to hear a clip from every track on the new Oasis album yesterday. Sounds very interesting indeed. Not one tune really sounds like a single or radio friendly as far as I can tell - and thats not a bad thing.

Cant wait to get the full version.

New Oasis album has leaked. I'm sure we'll soon see people's opinions on it.

Well I have now heard all of it and I can say I am well impressed. There are some very good tunes on there and surprisingly one of my favorites on there is a liam penned one 'I'm outta time' Very Lennony and I already know people will be lining up to give stick about it but it really is a good song.

I know many people who before even putting on a track from the album will just say "Pah, Oasis, no chance they are rubbish" well their loss I say because they will be missing out on a treat.

I will be getting the special edition one when it comes out with the extra tracks - cant wait.

Last week they went to new york and rounded up a load of busker's and gave them the new album to go through. They all later went to the under ground and the busker's sang through the songs in their own unique way. I guess this maybe where the leak came from.

Great song choice Colin, just a shame the tinny audio on Youtube doesn't do that bassline justice.

I've seen that song played live twice and it blew me away both times. I've come to the conclusion that it's one of those songs whose quality grows exponentially according to the amount of alcohol you consume. :)

Edited by LeChuck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.