on sale: Fri

17/10/08, 10:00

Thu 23/04/09

18:00 LG Arena Birmingham

Birmingham, GB AC/DC - Standing

More Info »

Dates Scheduled in Other Countries (1 - 1 of 1)

Sat 18/04/09

18:30 The O2

Dublin, IE AC/DC

....................................................................................................

40 quid for M.e.n.

tues night..what time is last train to blackburn,preston or rishton me wonders....2 days holiday and an angus pish up....whose going?

Edited by ABBEY

2h45min

This is how long I've been trying to get AC/DC tickets. I've had them twice, only to see the ticket office system crash when I verify my VISA payment.

Sold out now. Absolutely gutted!

AC/DC

Wales and North West (1 - 1 of 1)

Tue 21/04/09

19:30 M.E.N. Arena Manchester

Manchester, GB AC/DC

More Info »

40 quid for M.e.n.

tues night..what time is last train to blackburn,preston or rishton me wonders....2 days holiday and an angus pish up....whose going?

Been trying for tickets for 25 mins - looks like this is going the same way as for Heebegeeby though ... :angry:

Stoopid Ticketmaster.

What is really annoying about Ticketmaster in this situation, is that every time you get the rejection page "we haven't found any tickets blah blah blah" they also give you the option to click a button called "Get Me In".

Check out Get Me In! A Ticketmaster company that provides a fan-to-fan resale in a safe and guaranteed way.

After the 245th failed attempt to buy the legitimate 40 quid tickets, I had a look at "Get Me In" and lo and behold, tickets available ... ... at #247.50 each, PLUS #87 processing fee (no doubt straight into the Ticketmaster coffers).

So if I've got #582.19 I can get two ACDC tickets for the MEN for next April. What a scam - surely Ticketmaster are pushing the boundaries of what is decent by offering this service less than an hour after tickets went on sale, with them the sole seller!!??

tris....may have some news,a mate of mine as some contacts at the arena and she reckons she may be able to get some...not defo but fingers crossed .Let you know when she rings me back...............IGNORE ,SHES GOT NONE EITHER GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Edited by ABBEY

Need some help here. My missuss is a big "Queen" fan and saw the adert on "Granada" for the "Queen" + Paul Rodgers concert at MEN, and suggested we fork out £100+ to have the chance to see a second class "Queen" plus some guy we haven't heard of before play some of the old favourites. Anyway, we bought a CD of said couple and no "Queen" songs :o. Anybody know if the concert will be the same? If it is, I'd rather spend our money on a good tribute band/concert. Thanks.

Need some help here. My missuss is a big "Queen" fan and saw the adert on "Granada" for the "Queen" + Paul Rodgers concert at MEN, and suggested we fork out £100+ to have the chance to see a second class "Queen" plus some guy we haven't heard of before play some of the old favourites. Anyway, we bought a CD of said couple and no "Queen" songs :o. Anybody know if the concert will be the same? If it is, I'd rather spend our money on a good tribute band/concert. Thanks.

Been quite a bit of Queen on sky arts channel recently, (ch256 I think) might be worth checking out for the missus EC. Usually repeat stuff on there.

Watched the Johnny Cash San Quinten gig the other day on there, worth a watch if only to listen to the inmates interviews.

The Who are on this friday, I think its Las Vegas 1999 :tu:

Travelled over to Wath on Dearne last night to see Pendragon who, as always, were excellent. Thirty years now and we've been following them almost from the off.

Supported last night by an accoustic set from Magenta a band I've been threatening to get into for a while. Damn, they're good! That'll cost me.

Very enjoyable evening and for £17.50 a cool three and a half hours of Classic Rock.

Went to the MEN last night to see Gabrielle. :o Not my normal cup of tea but I do really like her. We thought she was the main act but unfortunately she was support to Al Green. We arrived 10 minutes in to her set and it was obvious from the muted state of the audience that they were there solely for old Al.

So, we got barely 45 mins of Gabrielle and then 'endured' an hour or so of the soul man before we left early. That'll teach me! £80 for the two of us. :mellow: I've got to say that if you are an Al Green fan, he put on a damned polished show. But I'm not.

Anyway back to the real stuff now and listening to Floyd, Gilmour, Genesis, Led Zep, Pendragon, Mostly Autumn, Karnataka.................

• 2 weeks later...
anyone who likes ac/dc ..try airbourne...absolulty FREKING AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big thanks to Abbey for the above post nearly 12 months ago.

I did try them, liked them and saw them at Manchester Academy last Saturday where they were very good.

The only other forum I post on is a music one and they had a thread where we all posted our top 40 gigs of all time. Since I had an hour or so to kill, I thought I'd make the list. Would be interesting to see other people's and/or whether they were at any of these...

1. Radiohead @ MEN Arena, Manchester 2003

2. Arcade Fire @ Leadmill, Sheffield 2005

3. Muse, Glastonbury 2004

4. My Bloody Valentine, Roundhouse, London 2008

5. Daft Punk, O2 Wireless Festival, Harewood House, Leeds 2007

6. Oasis, Elephant and Castle Coronet, London 2005

7. Primal Scream, Glastonbury 2005

8. The Verve, Blackpool Empress Ballroom 2007

9. Go! Team, Manchester Ritz 2007

10. Morrissey, Bridlington Spa, Bridlington 2004

11. Blur, King George's Hall, Blackburn 2003

12. LCD Soundsystem, Manchester Academy 1, 2007

13. Bloc Party, Sheffield Leadmill, 2005

14. British Sea Power, Leeds Met 2005

15. Justice, Manchester Academy 1, 2008

16. Ash, Leeds University Union, 2004

17. Brian Wilson, Glastonbury 2005

18. Sigur Ros, Manchester Apollo 2006

19. Supergrass, Leeds University Union 2004

20. Love and Arthur Lee, Glastonbury 2004

21. Franz Ferdinand, Glastonbury 2004

22. The Music, Leeds Cockpit 2, 2007

23. Killers/Futureheads/Bloc Party/Kaiser Chiefs, NME Tour, Leeds University Union 2005

24. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club/Brian Jonestown Massacre, Leeds Cockpit 2005

25. CSS, Leeds Cockpit 2006

26. The Strokes, Hull Town Hall, 2006

27. Chemical Brothers, Glastonbury 2007

28. Art Brut, Leeds Cockpit 2007

29. Ian Brown, Glastonbury 2005

30. Super Furry Animals, Glastonbury 2007

31. James Brown, Glastonbury 2004

32. Klaxons/CSS/Sunshine Underground/New Young Pony Club, Leeds Met 2007

33. Doves, Glastonbury 2005

34. Maximo Park, Glastonbury 2007

35. Howling Bells, Leeds Cockpit 2006

36. Interpol, Blackpool Empress Ballroom 2007

37. The Coral, Leeds University Union 2006

38. MGMT, Manchester Academy 2 2008

39. The Killers, Glastonbury 2004

40. The Zutons, Glastonbury 2005

I nearly went to the Go! Team (no. 9) but didn't in the end. Seen a lot of the bands there but not at those actual gigs. It's a good list but seems to fall apart at the end with bands like The Killers and The Zutons thrown in.

I'm going to see Animal Collective in January and I know for a fact that gig will far surpass anything those two have done, whether or not it makes any lists is another matter though.

Edited by LeChuck

I nearly went to the Go! Team (no. 9) but didn't in the end. Seen a lot of the bands there but not at those actual gigs. It's a good list but seems to fall apart at the end with bands like The Killers and The Zutons thrown in.

I'm going to see Animal Collective in January and I know for a fact that gig will far surpass anything those two have done, whether or not it makes any lists is another matter though.

Not really a Killers fan but that was a top gig, it was in the New Bands tent just when they were starting out, caught them at the next Glastonbury on the Pyramid and they were much worse. Zutons are a really good live band and were perfect for that atmosphere.

Not a fan of Animal Collective from what I've heard on record, I would say each to their own but there's a lot of unconventional stuff I enjoy but maybe they're much better live.

Edited by tony gale's mic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.