BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Saw some great bands and heard excellent music at an excellent new-to-me venue in Blackburn tonight.

<<Edit : 41 King Street (above the Cellar Bar) is the venue. >>

Blitzen Trapper, from Portland Oregon, played a blinder of a set (vastly superior to the - comparatively - fairly twee Fleet Foxes they are supporting on a current UK tour). Check out the great vid of their catchy 'Black River Killer' on You Tube for a taster.

They stated they'd had their best food sampled so far in England in the 'city of Blackburn' - the mysteries and delights of the butter pie were highly extolled!

They were slightly disappointed at the non-existent bog-wall poetry (but then it is a newish venue) - we had to make do with the Geordie-originated 'Michael O'Brien is a c@ck'.

Anyone else there tonight? There was fantastic and capable support from Blackburn's 'Fifth House' and 'Stacey McKenna and the Kingdom Road' - a folky slant is certainly a la mode (seek winterbirdrecordings.com).

Good stuff...

Edited by Billinge End Blue

Muse night all night on Radio 1 and red button on BBC

One week to go until new album

Radio 1s website has 36mins of video footage from Teignmouth. It includes 3 new tracks plus some other stuff.

2 months til Dublin!! :tu:

I`ve heard about 5 tracks from the new album. Different, but still good.

Radio 1s website has 36mins of video footage from Teignmouth. It includes 3 new tracks plus some other stuff.

2 months til Dublin!! :tu:

I`ve heard about 5 tracks from the new album. Different, but still good.

Its been leaked since Tuesday. Its very very different, but in a good way. He was always going to end up making something like he has with the last 3 tracks.

You can listen to the full album now on muse.mu also

Loving The Cribs new album, best one yet.

Can't wait to see em next month.

I'd have to disagree and say their second album is their best. But the new one is still very impressive, definately a slight changed sound for their previous albums but I like it a lot.

Been listening to Jamie T - Kings & Queens a lot recentley, and I've got to say it's the best album I've heard in ages. Be difficult to define it in one specific genre since it's very diverse in it's sound. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but well worth a listen in my opinion.

Edited by grizfoot

I'd have to disagree and say their second album is their best. But the new one is still very impressive, definately a slight changed sound for their previous albums but I like it a lot.

Been listening to Jamie T - Kings & Queens a lot recentley, and I've got to say it's the best album I've heard in ages. Be difficult to define it in one specific genre since it's very diverse in it's sound. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but well worth a listen in my opinion.

Yeah, wasn't my fave straight away but it is such a grower, 'City of Bugs' is arguably the best track they've produced so far imo.

And for Jamie T i'm about half way through downloading his album, i like the singles he's released from it so far.

FHM had a small feature about a girl who is die to be the next big thing in pop. She's in America recording with Mark Ronson at the moment and has had a single produced by Frankmusic.

Nothing too unusual except that she used to live opposite me in a small village in Herefordshire. Look out for the name Ellie Goulding.

Quality album - sticks & stones is bloody brilliant.

The Blueprint 3 is also a superb new album.

New album is brilliant, Uprising is not even one of the best songs on there

New album is brilliant, Uprising is not even one of the best songs on there

Can't you stick with the same name for more than 5 minutes? :rolleyes:

Haha - he hasn't changed the quote function bit!!

Edited by Tris

Anyone heard the new cribs album, only given it one listen so far but it sounded really good, I'm off to see them at Leeds Academy next weekend.

Yes really really good I especially love 'Hari Kari' and 'City of Bugs' as well as 'Cheat On Me'.

Going to see Bloc Party in Sheffield next month can't wait :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.