BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Saw them live a year and a half ago. Decent band. I'm a fan of "Alone, Jealous And Stoned" in particular.

Funnily enough thats my fave song by them also. I love the guitars in that song, sad i know but that song made me want to play guitar so bad i bought one after hearing it.

Not seen 'em live yet but from what i've seen on tv they look pretty good.

Any old fogies know if he has plans to tour the UK with this band?

A friend saw Dylan at the MEN arena around this time last year. He`s a big fan but says he was disappointed because Dylan didn`t play guitar once...he just bumbled around on a keyboard, looking un-interested & hardly aknowledged the audience during the whole show :(

(plus he hardly recognised some of the songs, as they`d been re-arranged to suit Bob`s keyboard fetish)

...his words not mine.

I can second that, Cletus.

Saw Dylan at Roskilde festival this summer, and it wasn't particularly inspiring stuff. The biggest Dylan-fans probably enjoyed it, but the man is getting older and weaker it seems, and can't play his guitar properly anymore. You can probably figure out for yourselves which songs he will and will not play then. Not having the time to queue up for the front boxes, we had to settle for standing far back watching - and when Mr. Dylan in addition to being less energetic than ever demands to be filmed from one side only (he thinks he looks better from that side, allegedly) it's not the cracking show it could and should have been.

I absolutely love the Highway 61 Revisited album, but not even a few of those songs made me think I was seeing the legend Bob Dylan live. The man clearly knows how to write songs still, but his live performance was disappointing to say the least. With another ageing artist performing the best show the Orange Stage has ever seen later that same week (Roger Waters)..

Anybody who has been in the Upper seats at MEN care to comment on the view to see a gig. I'm going in December and seats are block 202 , row J.

Looking at the seating plan I'm concerned I'm side on to the stage and will see bugger all.

The view should be fine, you probably have to crane your necks to see the stage, it be easier if you stood up

Just downloaded The Feelings album "twelve stops and home"-it really is very good.

they really wear there influences on their selves all kinds of sounds in there from supertramp, ELO, to travis and embrace.

great stuff

This weekend I have been mostly listening to Sparklehorse's "Dreamt For Light Years In The Belly Of A Mountain."

Rather more mellow than the previous three offerings, and it seems to be slightly diffused with chords & phrases from classic songs such as "Strawberry Fields Forever."...edit just picked up some "Lazy Sunday Afternoon" by The Kinks. Clever stuff.

Intregueing stuff indeed!

Edited by colin

The Fall still doing it for me, and as a reasonably intelligent bloke the frustration grows as I can't understand why I like it.

:huh:

Because MES still churns out brilliant records/CDs? Which put just about everyone else in that shade, and Peel's favourite band id good enough forme

The Fall

He's becoming rubbish live though.

He's becoming rubbish live though.

Aye, I listen to the Peel sessions all the time in the car.

It's hard to display the attitude he's famous for when at best he's incoherent.

Most of the band seen there have all buggered off because of the way he is, his missus though on keyboards is delicious. I'd eat chips out of her knickers.

Teenage Fanclub - vastly underrated, top band with a superb album backcatalogue (Killers, shmillers...pah) .

I hate verisimilitude....(a lyric, not a band!)...

(What's with the Hasselhoffmeister groupies? Am I missing something? :huh: )

yeah he's that corny its gone round the scale to cool.

Plus it is knightrider and he brought us Baywatch.

Respect

I ordered three more Devin Townsend albums from play.com (£7.99 each), two of which arrived the other day. The first one I listened to, Accelerated Evolution is really good. More pop-ish than most of his other stuff, just loaded with uplifting melodies and great musicianship. Here is the video for one of the songs, its called Storm.

Edited by Radagast

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.