BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

NEC Gig Live

The extended version of Assassin that Muse played at M.E.N is available for download. Far better than the album version

Oh... and what a concert

Many thanks for that find! :tu:

A full hour of the NEC live show...top quality stuff. Couldn`t find the 'assassin' download you mentioned.

'knights of Cydonia'...probably THE best ending to a show i`ve seen. The whole of the MEN was absolutely bouncing during the BIG guitar ending bit! B)

Many thanks for that find! :tu:

A full hour of the NEC live show...top quality stuff. Couldn`t find the 'assassin' download you mentioned.

'knights of Cydonia'...probably THE best ending to a show i`ve seen. The whole of the MEN was absolutely bouncing during the BIG guitar ending bit! B)

I have the version of Assassin, pm me your msn address and I will send to you.

Stockholm Syndrome used to be the best song they ended with, not anymore!!!!

And they have just announced they are first band to play Wembley Stadium next June, tickets on sale Saturday

Edited by dan_mark_furness

thats pretty cool cocker. have you seen the DVD that comes with stop the clocks. Its pure quality. Liam and Noel at the best. Sibling rivalry!!

Yes I have mate. Lock the Box its called - the 'film' Lord dont Slow me Down should be coming out on DVD too. They showed about half of it the other week on tv.

I can get you links to it if you havent seen it B)

I'm a big fan of Damien Rice as well! Been listening to his music since the 'O' album was launced a couple of years ago...will try to get tickets for the gig in manchester in february. its sold out atm, but I think it might be moved to a bigger venue.

Iron Maiden at the SECC on Saturday. Can't wait. :) I've just about got used to the idea that they'll be playing the entire new album from beginning to end at the expense of, well, a lot of other tracks. So long as I get to see them at Sweden Rock or Wacken Open Air during the summer when they're back to playing the classics I'll be happy.

So, we're coming to the end of yet another year, and it's traditional to have lists, lists amd more lists. Music wise, what have been peoples fav stuff? To Kick off (in no particular order):

Top 10 Albums

Shadows Evolve - Morning After Girls

Let's Get Out of This Country - Camera Obscura

Serena-Maneesh - Serena-Maneesh

The Life Pursuit - Belle and Sebastian

Puzzles Like You - Mojava 3

Citrus - Asobi Seksu

BrightBlack Morning Light by BrightBlack Morning Light

The Bluetones - The Bluetones

Kiss of Death - Motorhead

Smoke and Mirrors The Datsuns

Best Compilations

The Complete Peel Sessions - The Delgados

Rich and Strange - Cud

Best Dance Mixes

Robbie Long mix from Hardcore Nation 3

Kev Enegry mix from Hardcore Heaven 4

Sharkey Mix - Bonkers 16

Top 3 Singles

The Happy Song - The Aliens

Robot Man - The Aliens

Dayvan Cowboy - Boards of Canada

Top 3 gigs

J Spacemen at the Royal Festival Hall - absolutely beautiful.

The Cult at Brixton Academy - Billy Duffy is the man!

The Bluetones at Sheppards Bush - never ever disappoint.

Looking forward to next year?

New Spiritualized album

New "The Cult" material

New Conflict album

That's all I can think of!!

Top ten albums 2006:

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever people say I am that's what I'm not

Danko Jones - Sleep is the enemy

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam

Tom Waits - Orphans

Bob Dylan - Modern Times

Ricochets - Isolation

Wolfmother - Wolfmother

Tool - 10000 days

Seigmen - Rockefeller

Top 5 gigs:

Pearl Jam, Sazka Arena - Prague

The Raconteurs - Roskilde '06

Danko Jones, Rockefeller - Oslo

Tool - Roskilde '06

The Cynics, Gamla - Oslo

+ Gogol Bordello at Roskilde: Gypsy punk played by totally insane people- great show.

Disappointment of the year:

Bob Dylan live at Roskilde festival

Next year?

New Turbonegro album

Wolfmother live in Oslo

Arctic Monkeys new album - can they cope with the hype?

Radiohead concert somewhere, please.

Favourite albums (bought this year rather than released):

-Fort Minor, The Rising Tied.

-John Mayer, Continuum & (as John Mayer Trio) Try!.

-Jurassic 5, Feedback.

-Robert Plant, Mighty Rearranger.

-Seth Lakeman, Freedom Fields and Kitty Jay.

-Pearl Jam, Ten

-Lupe Fiasco, Food & Liquor.

Best gig (I've only been to one so far, though The Roots are on next Monday):

-Jurassic 5 at the Ulster Hall.

Edited by Rovermatt

Good going, Matt, I wish I'd delayed the Ten album twelve years too - just makes it even better doesn't it? ;)

Re: Robert Plant - does anyone know what projects Jimmy Page has going on, or what projects post-LZ is worth downloading?

Edited by herbergeehh

Albums:

1 Deicide - The Stench of Redemption

2 Syth (local band) - Warzone

3 Dream Evil - United

4 Falconer - Northwind

5 Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death

6 Cellador - Enter Deception

7 Mastodon - Blood Mountain

8 Korpiklaani - Tales Along This Road

9 The Devin Townsend Band - Synchestra

10 Blind Guardian - A Twist in the Myth

The first few are definite tops, the rest interchangable.

Gigs:

1 Blind Guardian (in Dublin)

2 Helloween

3 Nevermore (at Sweden Rock Festival)

4 Metal Church (at Bloodstock Open Air)

5 ArnoCorps

Top 5 personal surprises:

1 The music of Devin Townsend and how incredible it mostly is

2 Holy crap, I now seem to like traditional Death Metal!

3 The acoustic song in that advert with the bouncing coloured balls was really nice

4 So now everyone and his cat likes DragonForce?

5 ...ok, I can't think of a fifth one.

Iron Maiden at the SECC on Saturday. Can't wait. :) I've just about got used to the idea that they'll be playing the entire new album from beginning to end at the expense of, well, a lot of other tracks. So long as I get to see them at Sweden Rock or Wacken Open Air during the summer when they're back to playing the classics I'll be happy.

Maiden tommorow (thursday) night at the MEN for me. Cant wait.I'm not overly bothered about the playing of the whole album as since I last commented on it more or less all the tracks have grown on me (except Different World and The Pilgrim.)

Enjoyed last night but felt it was good rather than great, mainly due to our seating location. We were sat back in the top tier looking side on at the stage. You could see the band on the stage but not see any of the set or of the backdrops. It was like they were playing on a stage surrounded by wires and rigging. Lack of atmosphere that high up also.

On a plus point, musically they were superb as to be expected. Took a couple of songs to get the balance on the vocals right but this was soon sorted and the new album sounded really good live as did the classics including thankfully the eternally awesome Hallowed Be Thy name. Quite a few people who didnt know the set list grumbled at the decision to play the entire album.

If, as rumoured, they do return soon playing their mid 80's stuff (Powerlave through to 7th Son) I'll definately see them again, just in the lower tier and a bit further round next time.

Enjoyed last night but felt it was good rather than great, mainly due to our seating location. We were sat back in the top tier looking side on at the stage. You could see the band on the stage but not see any of the set or of the backdrops. It was like they were playing on a stage surrounded by wires and rigging. Lack of atmosphere that high up also.

On a plus point, musically they were superb as to be expected. Took a couple of songs to get the balance on the vocals right but this was soon sorted and the new album sounded really good live as did the classics including thankfully the eternally awesome Hallowed Be Thy name. Quite a few people who didnt know the set list grumbled at the decision to play the entire album.

If, as rumoured, they do return soon playing their mid 80's stuff (Powerlave through to 7th Son) I'll definately see them again, just in the lower tier and a bit further round next time.

Did I say Saturday? I meant Friday. They played Glasgow last night and were fantastic. The new album really is a strong one, and while I don't think playing the whole thing was a great idea, it came off perfectly. I'd rather they dropped 2 Minutes to Midnight out of the encores in favour of something else, but nothing to complain about overall. At least they didn't close on Run to the Bloody Hills again and I'm really glad The Evil That Men Do got an airing.

You didn't miss too much with the stage set, it was a lot more toned down than usual. A couple of dummy soldiers, a pair of spotlights and a backdrop that changed a couple of times.

Did you at manage to see the two Eddies?

Seen Iron Maiden 5 times, Preston 1983 being the 1st time & Donnington 1988 (i think? :huh: ) being the last. I decided back in 88 it`d be my last maiden concert. Good to see they`re still gigging tho.

Saw Snow patrol at the G-mex on Thursday. Not as good a gig as at the MEN, but still a decent night. The mighty Elbow were one of the support acts, although i missed the openers & half the elbow set, due to getting stuck in Manchester traffic....which was chaos! :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got "Hats off to the buskers" by The View.

4 Cracking tunes on the album, saw them in Manchester a few weeks ago, great gig plenty of energy and going back in Feb to see them again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.