BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Just got "Hats off to the buskers" by The View.

4 Cracking tunes on the album, saw them in Manchester a few weeks ago, great gig plenty of energy and going back in Feb to see them again.

Really enjoying it myself however, Same Jeans does sound like Brim full of asher by Cornershop (And I thought that even before that bint in the sun printed it)

Edited by Cocker

Well there is a new Gomez album out called How we operate. It's very good, so if you like their brand or bluesy rock and roll, then get it bought, you won't be disappointed.

I loved the first Gomez album but kind of went off them after that.

Had a listen to Pigeon Detectives tonight - it was only a live album but sounded very good - will be picking up their album when it comes out

I'm going to see Deicide on Thursday night - minus their bloody vocalist no less. A day or two before a massive European tour starts and Glen Benton decides he has urgent matters to deal with at home (again). So while I'm mightily peeved at paying full price to see them with an unknown Polish fella filling in on bass and vocals, I suppose I won't be as annoyed as the punters at the first few gigs who had to see them with the drummer from the support band singing from a lyrics sheet with no one playing bass. Scammed.

• Backroom

Lol, Deicide are an alright band. Not usually in my taste (though i do like the songs Standing In the Flames and Scars of the Crucifix) but if they were at a festival or something I'd probably watch them.

One of my friends just bought me a ticket for an Alll Shall Perish gig in Lodnon on feb 23rd... don't know the band too well, but oh well, should be alright.

Well there is a new Gomez album out called How we operate. It's very good, so if you like their brand or bluesy rock and roll, then get it bought, you won't be disappointed.

Just got this album recently and totally agree with you about the quality of it. It's also tempyed me to look at some of their older stuff (I only have Liquid Skin at the moment).

I can't see any image AS, but I presume it's advocating Mark E Smith :)

On the subjuect of slightly less accessible music, anyone familar with Daniel Johnston? Watched a re-run of the film made about him last night on re-o-run TV channels. Found it very interesting, sad and inspiring all at once!

Daniels home page is here.

Great drawings too, as seen on Kurt Kobains Tee shirts during the early 90s.

IPB Image

Edited by ozziejones

I can't see any image AS, but I presume it's advocating Mark E Smith :)

Spot on Bud, can't understand why you can't see it. Try this one > IPB Image

Ironic given the history of The Fall, that Mark and the delicious Mrs Mark are the only two people in the picture who are currently in the band.

:rolleyes:

The Big Girl

The Ordinary Boys frontman Preston is usually up for a laugh.

But not when it's at the expense of wifey Chantelle...

He stormed off TV quiz Never Mind The Buzzcocks after host Simon Amstell mocked Chantelle by reading extracts from her book, Living The Dream.

An audience member told The Sun:

"Simon sarcastically read out where she talks of wearing Marks & Spencer clothes for a photoshoot saying, 'I've always loved M&S, but it was always too expensive.

'The photoshoot made me feel very posh and upmarket'.

"Preston just stood up, ripped of his mic and flounced out."

The show is known for its jokes, but Preston is the first celeb to actually walk off the show in 10 years.

Regular panellist Bill Bailey quipped: "Don't worry, it's not Big Brother - he's not been voted off."

He then filled the empty seat with a Preston lookalike plucked from the crowd.

A show spokesman said: "It's a shame Preston felt he had to leave. Simon loves to banter with guests - and it's always in good spirit."

I just thought he was tedious with his monologues that had the premise of:

1. Geri Halliwell is sh_t

2. Westlife are sh_t

And his tiresome comments about fellow panelists that amounted to:

1. Phil Jupitus is fat

2. Bill Bailey looks like a troll/Klingon/geek

Lamarr was a one trick pony whose ego smothered the other two guys who are far more amusing and witty than he can ever be. He wanted to be the only show in town.

That Preston bloke has gone completely up his own @rse. i hope they show the episode on telly...just to make him look the p1llock he`s turned in to.

Mark Lamarr can be a tad tedious, but the new guy isn`t very good in my view :(

That Preston bloke has gone completely up his own @rse. i hope they show the episode on telly...just to make him look the p1llock he`s turned in to.

He does come across as a right w_nker who believes he writes such clever, witty and fantastic songs, and is a spokesperson for a generation. Maybe he feels protective of his new wife as she is a grating, irritating dribbling retard of the highest order.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.