BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So Just Where Are All The Ex-rovers?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't everybody be able to edit the wiki? As long as info is posted in here then it only takes one person to transfer it over. Surely the idea of a wiki is to have a collective responsibility to update and edit things, rather than lump it on to one individual.

Yep, the problem is not everybody will bother updating the wiki, so it's nice to have somebody take responsibility for checking it's up to date ..........

Just like ......

Hi Glenn,

Yeah I will assist with this duty if needed. I've always had a strong interest knowing where all the former Rovers have ended up. BTW I'm not some kind of stalker, but this spiralled out from finding out about all past Rovers from Northern Ireland. As Le Chuck stated, maybe a few people could contribute to this.

Will keep a note of any further upates and do another release later this month:-

Micheal Holt is now a Police Officer in Accrington.

Thanks Groo :)

Of course, I'll update it too when I can (and hopefully so will others) so there should be very little work for you to do.

BTW, As the wiki is now up and working, here is the Where Are They Now page

I updated the squad list. Praise me!

Seriously, though, what's the story with player updates? I'd have to refresh a lot of the details, and the most likely place for that is "teh intarweb", so do I need to credit the sources, etc?

I updated the squad list. Praise me!

Seriously, though, what's the story with player updates? I'd have to refresh a lot of the details, and the most likely place for that is "teh intarweb", so do I need to credit the sources, etc?

It depends if it's news that can be considered "in the public domain". So and So has moved to such and such a club is fine, taking actual content (i.e. cutting and pasting sections) isn't. There are greyer areas in between too.

But thanks for the squad details, keep up the good work :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I wish Thompson the best of luck. Fantastically gifted player when he is fit, a shame that injuries have prevented him from ever fulfilling his potential. I still remember that turn he pulled off on the edge of the box during the game at Celtic Park, it was wonderful.

• 4 weeks later...

Last night Chorley played Fleetwood, whose team contained Ciaran Donnelly (who is apparently on their transfer list). Two other players who didn't even get into their squad were Andy Bell, and Jerome Watt who has just joined from Southport.

So much for the future of Rovers and England :blink:

Last night Chorley played Fleetwood, whose team contained Ciaran Donnelly (who is apparently on their transfer list). Two other players who didn't even get into their squad were Andy Bell, and Jerome Watt who has just joined from Southport.

dont let rover6 read that, he'll throw a wobbler

:rover: IT'S a crying shame the academy is not producing players fit to grace our team,now the products are not good enough for non-league division 4.we really need to start producing better players,is it the coaches fault?is it the age of video games fault? :brfcsmilie:

:rover: IT'S a crying shame the academy is not producing players fit to grace our team,now the products are not good enough for non-league division 4.we really need to start producing better players,is it the coaches fault?is it the age of video games fault? :brfcsmilie:

How that Downes fellow keeps his job is beyond me - we can't keep quoting Duff and Dunn as signs of success of the Academy. Since they broke in, what, 7/8 years ago, its been Derbyshire, and he did his developing at 'Arrod rather than the famed academy. And I don't accept the 'it's difficult' argument, City are doing it.

I don't know what Trevor Brooking is doing but if he was earning his money he would be investigating cases like Donnelly - and maybe Watt.

How does a midfielder (Donnelly) rated as the best midfield prospect at a Premier League club go from reserve success and England youth recognition to Fleetwood reject.

If he was a terrible player from day one (which I don't believe), what were the club doing keeping them for so long? And if he did have promise but lost his direction and talent, why did this happen. (I have heard that Donnelly had some personal problems but note, this is totally unsubstantiated and simply hearsay.)

I don't know what Trevor Brooking is doing but if he was earning his money he would be investigating cases like Donnelly - and maybe Watt.

How does a midfielder (Donnelly) rated as the best midfield prospect at a Premier League club go from reserve success and England youth recognition to Fleetwood reject.

If he was a terrible player from day one (which I don't believe), what were the club doing keeping them for so long? And if he did have promise but lost his direction and talent, why did this happen. (I have heard that Donnelly had some personal problems but note, this is totally unsubstantiated and simply hearsay.)

What would you like TB to do about a player that isn't and never was good enough to play league football, Rover6?

You have to get things in perspective here. Being the best prospect at a club means nothing, - there are thousands of these in amateur football. Likewise, reserve success - what reserve success are you talking about? Whenever I saw him for the reserves he was always lacking. England youth standard is a standard way below the football league standard. There are some real tough guys around even at clubs like Fleetwood, - there are none at youth level.

You also mentioned that Treacy was in the form of his life, - but that was in the reserves and in the Republic under 21 team, for goodness sake. I'm not sure that he was what you said anyway - the form of his life.

The step up from reserve level to first team level is Massive. Don't underestimate how big a leap it is.