BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Childhood Nightmares

Here's my strange dream.

I'm stood in the middle of a village,I have know idea where,it's just a little village.

There's a group of children playing in the village square when all of a sudden a double decker bus comes out of nowhere,no driver,completely out of control.

The bus is heading straight for these kids and I try to shout,but as much as I try,nothing will come out of my mouth.

No matter how much effort I put in I can't warn the kids to get out of the way,no noise will leave my mouth.

The dream always ends before the bus hits the kids,but hell it's a weird dream.

Last night I had a horrible nightmare. I can't remember it particularly well but throughout it, I kept on desperately trying to wake up, thinking I had, but actually still being asleep. I would be grinding and overlapping my teeth, which hurt like hell, and would be seeing all sorts of dead people and things.

It was really weird, it was as if I had the power to stop myself falling asleep in my dream, when I was already asleep in reality. I kept thinking that I had woken up, when in fact I hadn't. I as desperate for my dream to end, whilst being asleep. When I did finally wake up, I didn't believe it for a second and then thought about not going back to sleep, because I would no doubt have the same nightmare again. But then I remembered that I had only been waking up and then going back to sleep in my actual dream. So I went back to sleep and had a different dream, which I can't really remember now. The first dream was absolutely horrible and pretty bizare.

I always have ones about ghosts.

One I always have, is these ghosts living next door in their back garden and i jump next doors wall to try and fight them with the washing line pole. Always wake up before i get to hit them- although i wonder would it actually effect them being transparent n all! :D

I rarely, if ever, have nightmares, though one I do remember as a child was centred around an episode of the X-Files. The episode entitled Jersey Devil was about the alleged existence of wild men in the New Jersey woods. It scared the sh*t out of me and I had a couple of extremely disturbing dreams.

I sometimes have horrible dreams about relatives dying or my plunging off a cliff. One thing I've always been able to do in my sleep is simply dismiss something unpleasant and move on to the next one.

I still sometimes dream that I am being chased by some kind of monster and my legs will only move very slowly. I never get caught though.

Apparently it's a fairly common dream. Never did find the significance.

I still get nightmares where I'm trying to be somewhere in about 5 mins and everyone is holding me up and I can't move very fast.

The nightmare 'monster' that used to chase me and my sister frequently was some sort of Dracula figure. I just knew he had a tall hat (like in Victorian days). We would constantly try to find places in the house to hide. (he never did find us)

Once I had that sort of dream, woke up scared but then went back to sleep too quickly and had 'part 2' (ever since then if I've woken up after having had a nightmare, I will always give myself about half an hour before attempting to go back to sleep, so that the dream can get itself out of my subconscious)

When I was a kid I used to dream that I was at the wheel of our car and was trying to drive it but couldn't because I didn't know how.

... but best of all....

Once I dreamt our front room sheepskin rug had grown to monster size and was chasing me down the alley at the back of our house (yes seriously). :o

I rarely, if ever, have nightmares, though one I do remember as a child was centred around an episode of the X-Files. The episode entitled Jersey Devil was about the alleged existence of wild men in the New Jersey woods. It scared the sh*t out of me and I had a couple of extremely disturbing dreams.

I sometimes have horrible dreams about relatives dying or my plunging off a cliff. One thing I've always been able to do in my sleep is simply dismiss something unpleasant and move on to the next one.

Ah, I remember a youth group trip to see if we could find the Jersey Devil! The legend has it the JD is a ghost.

I used to have a particularly distressing recurring one about big monolithic one-armed robot/lorry things that were some how going to bring about the end of the world with me watching. The details were always sketchy, but if I didn't wake up on the point of tears every sodding time.

The other one is being aboard a ship which is going to sink, I faff around trying to find the best strategy to survive then just stay on the top deck. The ship goes over and I keep on going down decks until I get to the bottom and enter an umbilical cord to an underwater world which I run around until I duel with someone I hated at school.

:lol::lol: Thats genius!

• 6 months later...

When I was a child I used to get chased by an evil Agent Maxwell Smart, presumably to kill me or something. Mostly around school, and strangely enough the dentist van that came once a year was included. Don't think he ever caught me. It's strange too because I like Get Smart and I am not afraid of dentists.

I once died in a dream. This was not too long ago; last year some time. I went into an underwater building, a university-/TAFE-/high school-/hospital-type institution, and tried to slowly make my way through corridors, to get out at the other side of the building to be able to breathe again. I didn't make it in this dream as I couldn't find my way through the corridors. I eventually had to relieve my lack of oxygen and I drowned, which woke me up in a start (in real life I stumbled on my breath for a second). I do have a fear of not getting as far into unversity as I want to, or rather I am very anxious about it, but I think it might have meant something more. All I get about that as analysis is that it is a common dream, which is none too helpful.

Edited by James No. 7

Once I dreamt our front room sheepskin rug had grown to monster size and was chasing me down the alley at the back of our house (yes seriously). :o

Very disturbing . Perhaps that sheepskin rug in a previous lifetime had suffered a similar experience .... :unsure:

• 6 months later...

Early this morning, I dreamt that me, Tris and Preston Blue were on a coach trip to France, and we stopped off at a roadside cafe to help renovate it, as it was a bit ramshackle. We then were set to go to the South Coast, where we were due to help salvage bits off a sunken boat at the bottom of the sea. I swear I am not making this up either.

I often dream about falling from extreme heights but never getting to the thud at the bottom. Various bad dreams about family and friends being in danger are pretty standard I imagine.

I do have a recurring dream where I'm having a stand-up row with the super-bitch who broke my heart when I was 18. It involves me shouting various pent-up accusations and obscenities. I also do a lot of energetic finger-pointing. It's not really a bad dream, more a frustrating one.

Edited by Rovermatt

I still get nightmares where I'm trying to be somewhere in about 5 mins and everyone is holding me up and I can't move very fast.

It's called shopping in a supermarket while other people roll their trolleys across the aisle & stare at the dried fruit display. Then stare some more at the sultanas.

Death is too good for them. Kill! Destroy! Maim!

funnily enough, since i have watched a few incredible hulk dvd's, i am no longer having the nightmares where the hulk is chasing me....but either never gets me because i wake up or somebody steps in his path. i found out yesterday that lou ferrigno is only in his mid 50's still, but a shame that it hs been now 14 years now since bill bixby passed away.

It's called shopping in a supermarket while other people roll their trolleys across the aisle & stare at the dried fruit display. Then stare some more at the sultanas.

Death is too good for them. Kill! Destroy! Maim!

Agreed, i now do my shopping online and get it delivered

• 2 years later...

Early this morning, I dreamt that me, Tris and Preston Blue were on a coach trip to France, and we stopped off at a roadside cafe to help renovate it, as it was a bit ramshackle. We then were set to go to the South Coast, where we were due to help salvage bits off a sunken boat at the bottom of the sea. I swear I am not making this up either.

I just woke up now having just had this very same dream. But this time instead of Tris and Mike it was Mellison24 and Shilito. :o

Edited by ozziejones
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.