SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 5-0 New Zealand

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big thanks to David aka Hard News for the Q&A session;

You've just made me feel totally inadequate.

But thanks for that Sydney, it all adds to the info.

Colin

fyi, Nelly was on NZ radio this morning saying it was unlikely he'd play for either side in the match, his hamstring injury isn't quite right yet he says... will be a big shame that he can't get on the field one way or the other... said he'd quite like to see a 3-3 draw (a good result for the All Whites and a few goals conceded by Rovers so he's desperately wanted for the opening game of the Premier League season) :-)

The Hyundai A-League consists of The NZ Knights & seven clubs from Australia. Which must make the Knights the only team to play all their away games in another country (cue Statto..)

Monaco ?

Football is not really popular in NZ, rugby union, cricket and rugby league all have higher profiles.

...and Cricket and Netball

Nice to see that Marcus & Darren Bent are brothers!

As an Ipswich fan, I've had words !

After that however, they lost to Samoa (or was it Tonga?) in World Cup qualfication

Vanuatu, thank you ! (and Australian drew with the Solomon Islands in the same tournament, so they can't talk !). As a former French colony Vanuatu is more credible than Tonga and Samoa who are even more Rugby focussed than New Zealand. Incidentally, Tim Cahill is a Samoan stolen by Australia.

Sydney - bloody hell, small world then! I know The Fat Bloke from when he was living in Hamilton... :ph34r:

Hamiltron - City of the future. Never been there myself :-)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try and be honest, or at least make up something convincing that will bait the Australians.

Edited by Hard News

Sydney - bloody hell, small world then! I know The Fat Bloke from when he was living in Hamilton... :ph34r:

It is, way too small.

You've just made me feel totally inadequate.

But thanks for that Sydney, it all adds to the info.

Colin

Don't worry about it, considering the amount of great match previews done through the years, I thought I'd at least contribute.

Incidentally, Tim Cahill is a Samoan stolen by Australia.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try and be honest, or at least make up something convincing that will bait the Australians.

I'll take it

Tim Cahill was born in Sydney :wstu:

Interesting performance.

But a couple of things are clear now. Firstly, it looks like Bentley might be playing more at central midfield this season and Reid on the right.

Also, clearly Neill is being primed for central defence from the way pre-season has gone, and Mokoena possibly playing right back. Dont know how confident I feel with Axe over there.

Great to see Benni scoring again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.