BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Deal For Mokoena?

den

just read that too...this is great, but how we go from "suspected broken leg" to "could be fit tomorrow" is strange.

It isn't that strange really as neither comment is actually saying anything! They're both 'maybe' this and 'possibly' that.

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2879635,00.html

I'm not sure what he means by this because I would probably put him behind Dunn, Reid, Tugay, Savage and even Bentley in centre mid

Thats typical story-out-of-nothing journalism. Sometimes people need to look behind the story. He was probably asked how he felt about starting on 2 games this season.

Look at what he is actually quoted as saying.

""Every player wants to play as much as possible .I've always been patient, but I don't like sitting on the bench. I started more games towards the end of last season, but it has been more frustrating this season once again.""

It's not like he's stamping his feet for a move benni-style is it. Personally I'd play him before Tugay nowadays anyway.

Edited by Hasta

Thats typical story-out-of-nothing journalism. Sometimes people need to look behind the story. He was probably asked how he felt about starting on 2 games this season.

""Every player wants to play as much as possible .I've always been patient, but I don't like sitting on the bench. I started more games towards the end of last season, but it has been more frustrating this season once again.""

It's not like he's stamping his feet for a move benni-style is it. Personally I'd play him before Tugay nowadays anyway.

Exactly. If he said he was happy to be sitting on the bench, that would be something to worry about.

Loving the title of the story on sky sports @ the mo Mokoena: i want to play. Fair enough he has just come back from a slight injury and we thought it was worse than what it was but if he'd got his marking right against Manchester United in the box from a corner kick then we would have a totally different scenario that day. Not blaming him for the loss as its a team perfomance but he needs to fight for his place and prove to everyone that he's the axe. I just think he needs to up his game that little bit.

The actual quote was cut short.

"Every player wants to play as much as possible. I've always been patient, but I don't like sitting on the bench. I started more games towards the end of last season, but it has been more frustrating this season once again. The gaffer says that once I learn how to jump and challenge for a header in the box then I might get a regular game but until then I'm going to be in and out of the team and I should keep quiet. It's just not fair. It didn't stop Darren Peacock or Christian Dailly. Why pick on me?

I don't think that that is a story out of nothing. He is obviously disillusioned with life at Ewood Park because he is not playing - he pretty much said as much in that quote!

Mokoena was excellent toward the end of last season, but he will never be good enough to start. He is a great squad player, but if that is not enough for him, then I guess he'll have to move elsewhere. He would be missed if Savage was ever outfor a prolonged period.

He is obviously disillusioned with life at Ewood Park because he is not playing - he pretty much said as much in that quote!

No he hasn't pretty much said that. I get frustrated at my work quite often and want to do things I'm not allowed to. However I am not disillusioned with the company and aren't actively looking for a new job.

No he hasn't pretty much said that. I get frustrated at my work quite often and want to do things I'm not allowed to. However I am not disillusioned with the company and aren't actively looking for a new job.

To be fair if you were going to retire from your job at 35 wouldnt you want to do what you were good at as much as you could before then

To be fair if you were going to retire from your job at 35 wouldnt you want to do what you were good at as much as you could before then

I agree completely Cocker. It's not only what he's good at, it's also I presume something he loves doing.

Well I'd say he has certainly alluded to it. Read the quote again:

"Every player wants to play as much as possible. I've always been patient, but I don't like sitting on the bench. I started more games towards the end of last season, but it has been more frustrating this season once again."

That sounds like disillusion to me.

I'll put this to you: if you were to be continuously frustrated in your job, not being allowed to perform duties that you beleive you should, that you love to do and that you feel confident in doing, in an industry where you have precious little time to achieve what you want, would it be unusual not to look for a new job, perhaps taking a lower salary - although still huge.

For the record, I never suggested that he were looking for a new club.

I'll put this to you: if you were to be continuously frustrated in your job, not being allowed to perform duties that you beleive you should, that you love to do and that you feel confident in doing, in an industry where you have precious little time to achieve what you want, would it be unusual not to look for a new job, perhaps taking a lower salary - although still huge.

Do you not believe that is how all players not in the starting line-up regularly feel - Roberts, Ooijer, Berner, Tugay (who has made similar noises in the past), Peter (who has also). A lot of players at most Premier League clubs who aren't regularly starting would give the same reply as Mokoena has done if asked by a reporter.

Are you really suprised by what he has said? No because you knew thats how he was feeling anyway. Unless he says "I want to leave the club" it's not really a story.

edit - In my opinion ;)

edit 2- Anyone that moans at Mokoena (such as the prats commenting on the original link) should realise that we do need a squad with back-up midfielders. We aint going to get a squad with 4 excellent central midfielders. (Do we have any?) The Axe is a solid squad member who does a job. He's not going to suddenly become Viera.

Edited by Hasta

• 1 month later...

Hughes has admitted, as no doubt mentioned elsewhere, that Mokoena has handed in a transfer request. Allegedly, he was 'furious' after being subbed at half-time against West Ham.

This man has some gumption! Fair play to him if he wants to play regular football (Peter Enckelman hang your head) but there is no way that Mokoena will ever return to the heights of being a sub for a upper Premier League club, if he leaves.

Moekana came as a centre back and quickly proved totally inept in that position. Then did well as the defensive shield in a 5 man midfield. But he can't paas, has poor ball control, can't run with the ball and gives away needless free kickc in dangerous positions. Under contract until 2010 so don't expect him to be out the door anytime soon. Won't be greatly missed when he is.

Anyone willing to take him off our payroll and make a donation to our transfer kitty ! thats just about how badly I rate him at the moment.

he has one colossal attribute - he can pass the ball backwards. Other than that he cant head, cant tackle, cant pass forwards and cannot play an incisive ball forward.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.