BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Deal For Mokoena?

den

i thought so, anyone who thinks the Axe is a class player wants there eyes testing

i was just making a joke dude....i know Mokoena is @#/?,but hey i have to support my fellow countrymen..we should sign Steven Pienaar though,make a bid sparky and beat Everton to his signature.

We have enough players who make stupid decisions and give away needless penalties.

Lol,yeah that’s true,but we also have gamst and mokoena in midfield who cant even open up womens legs,let alone defences.

Lol,yeah that’s true,but we also have gamst and mokoena in midfield who cant even open up womens legs,let alone defences.

well since Gamst ex-girlfriend was Miss Norway a few years back, and his current girlfriend was one of the candidates for Miss Norway last year, I reckon he does alright on that front. ;)

Ive never really seen Gamst open up a defence,nor have I seen much of a dribbler with the ball…good set piece taker and scores a few spectacular goals,but im afraid that’s where it ends

• 1 month later...
Come on, own up, who's done this on Wikipedia?! :lol:

Mokoena means God in Zulu, due to Aaron Mokoenas powerful godlike image in South Africa he is pardend everytime he burps in Capetown.

I dunno but I have heard that Mokoena's deafening burps make Claude Makelele's sound pitifully like coughs of an ill man.

Who would've thought that I'd ever be comparing Makelele to the great godliness of South Africa.

Edited by rover6

• 1 month later...
How much could we seriously get for Mokoena? £2m a fair price would you say? or more in todays climate?

The climate would have to get extreme to the point where every other 'defensive midfielder' on the planet would have to become extinct for Mokoena to be worth even one militenth of £2m.

The climate would have to get extreme to the point where every other 'defensive midfielder' on the planet would have to become extinct for Mokoena to be worth even one militenth of £2m.

Remember how much we got for Kuqi...I think we're being a little harsh here. As i said he could do a great job in the Championship.

I would say we could easly get 1m for Mokoena although I think 2m is a stretch. No one in the Prem would be interested in him as anything more than a squad player. The Championship do not have any money. 1m would be good business though.

i am excited about Vogel because he allows us to rotate the midfield. Particularly it could allow Dunn to have a crack at left wing and put some pressure on Pedersen.

Vogel is a tidy player so pairing him up with Reid could make things quite solid and energetic in the middle of the park, giving Bentley and Dunn good freedom to get forward. One of those buys that could turn out extremely well for us.

We should however be looking for a central midfielder in the summer too though.

Remember how much we got for Kuqi...I think we're being a little harsh here. As i said he could do a great job in the Championship.

My thoughts exactly – Derby are looking at paying £2-3m for Ghaly, we got over that amount for Kuqi and for someone like Bolton or a top championship side Mokoena could do a very good job. Yes he isn’t the greatest passer of the ball but when he had to cover for us earlier in the season, he did a very good job. He is an international captain with plenty of experience and im sure £2m is fair!

How much is a place in the Premiership worth?

How valuable was the Axe's contribution when we went 4-5-1 and secured Premiership safety?

How much is the Axe potentially worth then?

As a rule of thumb, any in contract mid-20s semi-regular Premiership player is fetching £2m-ish these days. Just look at the pile of footballing non-entities who got traded for a combined £150m in January. Defoe and Anelka have made an impact- has anybody else; any single one of the other transferred players in January???

How much is a place in the Premiership worth?

How valuable was the Axe's contribution when we went 4-5-1 and secured Premiership safety?

How much is the Axe potentially worth then?

As a rule of thumb, any in contract mid-20s semi-regular Premiership player is fetching £2m-ish these days.

You're just a spin doctor. Some of your slants are unbelievable.

Try this one, how much for a below average Premiership utility player who has never held down a place in a mid table Premiership team, and is equally poor at centre back or centre midfield. However, he can be accomodated on a 4-5-1 if you play an ultra defensive system.

I'm not spinning- we've established on another thread that £26m in January was spent on three decent players (Anelka, Defoe and Diarra) and another £120m blown on over-priced non-impact players in the Prem.

Given that an extra year in the Prem is worth £30m, I would think all three clubs coming up this season will need Mokoena-type players; solid no-nonsense defensive midfielders. Rovers won't want to sell so I guess it would take £2m-ish to prise him away.

Value is what people are willing to pay- look at Derby, Fulham and Sunderland getting through £70m between them this season on below average Prem players who ought not to be holding down regular places but because they bought nothing else, they are doing.

I know many don't hold the Axe in high regard but the lad does a job at Premiership level and a very good job if you play 4-5-1. And for Rovers, it worked- we are still in the Premiership. Something the promoted clubs this summer will be desperately working out how they can manage to achieve whilst "only" spending £10m to £20m on transfers.

Anyway, thankfully Rovers have now an altogether different quality of beast in Johann Vogel. I just hope the fans are patient with him- he might well have some Ooijer-like early horror performances before he adjusts to the Premiership.

Edited by philipl

I think we could get at least 1 million for Mokoena. I don't particularly rate him but also feel we should appreciate him for the job he did when we had to stay up 3 years ago. He was no less influential than Nelsen in the last half of that season. I remember him playing very well against Norwich...

There are very few players moving in the Premiership for less than 1 million and none of them have the experience that Moko has...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.