BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Middlesbrough 0 V Blackburn Rovers 1

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First away win, clean sheet, Burnley lose and have a player sent off and Stanley come from behind to rescue a point ... Not a bad day all round :) This must put us in the top half right?

If I'm not totally wrong, we're 10th now.

Emerton was Rovers best player, he looks a better right back then Neil at the moment, he was excellent going forward, very unlucky not to score near the end with a great run and shot.

Rovers really should have by more goals, but again didnt create enough chances.

Zurab was pretty crap, hes a good backup defender but will cause more harm then good.

One gripe why the hell doesnt Hughes bring on Gally earlier?

Edited by wakefieldrawks

I'm delighted with this win, it was important to get our first away win and keep a clean sheet. It was good that Nonda scored as well, this could give him more confidence to get back to where he once was. With Celtic beating Rangers and Europe winning in the Ryder Cup, it's been a good day all round. Now all it takes is for Notre Dame Fighting Irish to win today for it to be a clean sweep.

Where did I say drop him?

QUOTE(wakefieldrawks @ Sep 23 2006, 17:04 )

Zurab was pretty crap, hes a good backup defender

Erm??? Sounded like you wanted to drop him to the bench, i mean surely saying he is a good backup player means there is someone who should be playing ahead of him...?

Oh and before anyone says it, he's the wrong side of central defence to be replaced by Nelsen...

Just got home and a thoroughly uplifting performance by Rovers.

From start to finish there was only going to be one winner, although the central defence did a few good impressions of someone opening a pair of curtains, especially in the first half.

Very impressed with Nonda. Emerton was excellent again, and he deserved a goal for his run where he outmuscled their palyers. Toogs was stupid for this yellow card, but apart from that was great.

Some other random points:

The Mickey Gray chant was superb and I'm sure he was laughing at it. That was banter for those who defend the chants in the Salzburg thread.

Why did SAS get thrown out?

And did anyone see Jordan? I didn't and I didn't hear him either. Has he broken his consecutive run?

Edited by Modi

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.