[Archived] Blackburn Reserves Tonight.

Revan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Wonder if there will be a runout for Reid?

Nope.

Team is:

ROVERS: Brown, Kane, Henchoz, Khizanishvili, Taylor, Judge, Hodge, R. Griffiths, Peter, De Vita, Rigters. Subs: Clarke, Fielding, Haworth, Nolan, O'Keefe.

I'm starting to get very worried about the Reid situation. Has anyone got any recent injury info on him? Last I heard he was sent on a holiday to recover from a hamstring strain, but was set to be available in 2-3 weeks time.

That was about 2-3 weeks ago I think.

We're going well but a fully fit Reid would be an awesome addition.

Edited by MarkAtkins'BaldPatch

Saw him coming in at the MyPa match. Looked very smart and cheerful. Apparently he's back in full training very soon I read somewhere. Going to be eased in very gently.

Wouldn't he have loved to play in yesterday's match!

I'm starting to get very worried about the Reid situation. Has anyone got any recent injury info on him? Last I heard he was sent on a holiday to recover from a hamstring strain, but was set to be available in 2-3 weeks time. That was about 2-3 weeks ago I think.

We're going well but a fully fit Reid would be an awesome addition.

MABP, It would be best to let time heal his injuries.

Would hate to rush him into action until he is more than 130% fit. I would have a feeling he'll feature in a match behind closed doors. As you said a fully fit Reid would be an awesome addition.

As from last Tuesday, Reid is back in full training but no risks are being taken. That will give him the best part of three weeks from start of training (again) to the Chelsea game which is no match to come back into so I guess we will see him on the bench at least at Larissa.

The good news about that line-up is the returns of Zura, Henchoz and Peter so only poor old Bruno Berner is currently completely out of contention for a place.

Would be fantastic to have Reid energy and drive in the team again. As the poster above said the Chelsea game is not really a good game to be returing for, but hopefully we can gently get him back to match fitness in the 2 games in the uefa cup and the carling cup, with him perhaps being ready for a full throttle return vs brum in the league on Oct 7th?

Dull nil-nil affair.

Zurab, Henchoz and Rigters started.

Rigters didn't do much apart from a good run and shot late on. Looks a fair way off the first team at the moment.

Judge did well and Brown looked secure in goal.

Zurab was lucky not to be sent off.

Apart from that not a lot to report.

Yeah he'll be like a new player, but certainly not an automatic choice in our current midfield. Who's he going to replace? For me it has to be Gamst, if any. Bents on the left and Reid on the right. Not a chance he could dislodge Dunny/Sav at the moment.

That would be a tactical disaster of Steve Mclaren proportions. Taking out a left winger to replace him with a right winger who would naturaly cut inside and on the right wing play a central midfielder which Reid IMO is most comfortable. we would lose our natural balance which is why we look so good at the momement. Admittedly we may need to do this at some stage of the season if forced but until that time comes Hughes should stick to the Natural balance of the team and play players in their best positions and if that means leaving players out so be it.

Reid will get his chance because he is a quality player and the great thing is we dont have to rush him back instead we can nurture him back to full fitness and ensure there is less chance of another injury breakdown

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.