SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 2 - 0 Red Bull Salzburg

Ozz

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You come on this messageboard and completely castigate people for telling the truth! Its a f**king joke! Your the one talking from your rear!

It's not "the truth" it's only your opinion!

I repeat, if someone has bought a season ticket and chooses not to go tonight that's their prerogative, no-one else's.

In exactly the same way if they've bought a season ticket, and choose not to attend a particular League game that's their choice as well!

What are you going to do, put them up against a wall and shoot them?

You're falling out about an attendance at a game that hasn't taken place yet.

Season ticket holders miss league games, why is it a problem tonight?

It's just frustration that the first Euro game which Rovers fought for tooth and nail last year for might be passed up by fans who have the means and a free pass and choose not to. This latest direction this thread has taken of "blasting" a particular part of the fan-base was not intended as having a go at anyone who has anything near reasonable reasons, but it was directed to the ones who'd rather just stay in a pub to watch it rather than go to the match for free. The hyper-sensitivities have gotten the better of people and turned it into a flame war. I do not believe SuperStell was having a go at the majority of fans or even anyone on this board, rather he was having a go at a minority. He even stated as such in his initial or follow-up post. No reason he can't vent a little. And no reason he can't call out a minority of fans for their questionable use of a free ticket.

It's not "the truth" it's only your opinion!

I repeat, if someone has bought a season ticket and chooses not to go tonight that's their prerogative, no-one else's.

In exactly the same way if they've bought a season ticket, and choose not to attend a particular League game that's their choice as well!

What are you going to do, put them up against a wall and shoot them?

Actually that is pretty close to what I proposed before. Non-attendees can put their excuses on here and if we agree then ok. If not then they should be murdered in their beds. I think that's fair, any thoughts?

Surely the reasons many people have stated on here for season ticket holders not attending tonights game would apply for ANY midweek game, not just a European match? ie. for the Everton match last month no doubt a number of season ticket holders missed the game due to personal circumstances.

Anyway, I thought the final attendance figure was the number of tickets actually sold due to the fact that the club can't sell a ticket twice. I seem to to remember the club stating this a few years ago (first season of the Premiership?) and in fact some attendances were altered upwards retrospectively. If this is still the case then the "can't be arsed" brigade might not actually affect the final attendance figure! Anyone know if this is still the case and if it would apply to an extra free game such as tonight?

Actually that is pretty close to what I proposed before. Non-attendees can put their excuses on here and if we agree then ok. If not then they should be murdered in their beds. I think that's fair, any thoughts?

My only problem is the murdering of people in their beds. That implies that we'd have to go round at an ungodly hour - it'd be much easier if we murdered them whilst they were eating their tea in front of the tv - though that probably doesn't have the same impact, slogan wise :D

Confirmed. Its on.

And away goals count at the end of 90 minutes! So if we draw 3-3 after 90 mins we are out. By the same token, a 1-1 draw takes us through.

And presumably a 2 - 2 draw results in extra time and maybe penalties if still same score after that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.