BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feyenoord 0 Rovers 0

Just get to Amsterdam station about 1hr 30 before kick off and it will be full of Rovers fans, probably about 2000 or more. If Feyenoord fans want to have a go at that number then they are serious idiots.

Precisely the attitude that will get you into trouble. If you don't go looking, you won't find trouble

I'll do what I always do, make my own way to the ground, not wearing a football shirt, and will, as ever, have no trouble.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Precisely the attitude that will get you into trouble. If you don't go looking, you won't find trouble

I'll do what I always do, make my own way to the ground, not wearing a football shirt, and will, as ever, have no trouble.

Janice,

After following the Rovers and England abroad for the past 16 years I know what is the best way to handle the foriegn idiots. Keep your wits about you, dont be silly or brash, and make sure you have a good time.

Remember, not all Feyenoord fans are hooligans!

What is ther average support ?

How many of them are hooligans ?

Probably the same percentage as ours!

How many other away games have we all been to that might be a bit 'dangerous' ?

It's all part of the fun, I cant wait, there's nothing better than a good old intensive atmosphere.

It'll remind me of many games in the eighties, much better than the s**t we have to put up with now.

Abso-bloody-loutely. :tu:

Abso-bloody-loutely. :tu:

Thankyou.

I think it has a lot to do with why I think we are going to easily sell the 2500 with more than 2000 without tickets expected.

If you didnt already know the Amsterdam police are making preparations for approx. 5000 Blackburn supporters.

It's gonna be one hell of a do.

Den we will meet you early thursday morning in the hotel, we arrive 0930 ish so we will go with the flo :)

I agree that a central meeting point in Amsterdam, a full Blue and White special (like the good old days) will be a most enjoyable and drunken train ride since Carlisle away !! :brfc:

OK. :)

I'm guessing i've left this one far too late to organize, as I didn't think i could make it initially because im going travelling a week after the game.

Anyway, is it going to be an impossibility for me to get tickets for this one or not?

Looking for probably 3 tickets, not been away in europe yet.

Cheers

You should get tickets. Two days ago, Lee reported 2000 applications - we were given 2500 tickets.

Ring the ticket office soon and you should be OK.

Completely Agree with will! Going football these days is codshite compared to the past. Salzburg away was how it should be. Getting drunk and having a laugh. Good banter in the bars and streets before the game. No stewards in the ground telling you off for pathetic little things. (boro away last year, got told off for stepping on a seat as i went to the bar downstairs!) Put a cage and net around us and leave us to our own devices. Best of all no drummer.

Lets hope amsterdam/feyenord is just as much fun if not better. Loads of rovers out there, why be scared of a number of idiots who follow feyenord?

Edited by david brent

You should get tickets. Two days ago, Lee reported 2000 applications - we were given 2500 tickets.

Ring the ticket office soon and you should be OK.

Not sure you will. I'm in a similar situation - not booked yet and not been to either Salzburg or Krakow, but we are season ticket holders. I rang up this morning as I didn't want to book travel and hotel without a promise of tickets and they said that I could put the forms in but they could not guarantee I would get tickets, as they had a lot of applications to process. I can't afford to spend £350 for two people without being sure of getting tickets so it looks at the moment like we're not going.

It seems a bit frustrating that as season ticket holders we won't go and yet plenty of non-season ticket holders already have tickets, presumably because they were willing to gamble that they would get tickets and booked travel and completed forms early. I don't have any problem with those who went to Salzburg or Krakow having priority but there weren't 2,500 of them.

You can't seriously be complaining about the allocation process? Rovers have been more than fair and posted the priorities about 3 weeks ago with the application form. It was clear from the off that previous euro travellers had priority over all, season ticket holders next and then non-season ticket holders.

No there weren't 2500 that went to Krakow and Salzburg there was 800 or so, but there are also 12000 season ticket holders a good chunk of whom will have put applications in 3 weeks ago!

Tickets are on open sale now, so it's up to you but don't start wingeing about it being unfair. Rovers have done this by the book exactly how people wanted it doing after recent fiascos.

Edited by key76

You can't seriously be complaining about the allocation process? Rovers have been more than fair and posted the priorities about 3 weeks ago with the application form. It was clear from the off that previous euro travellers had priority over all, season ticket holders next and then non-season ticket holders.

No there weren't 2500 that went to Krakow and Salzburg there was 800 or so, but there are also 12000 season ticket holders a good chunk of whom will have put applications in 3 weeks ago!

Tickets are on open sale now, so it's up to you but don't start wingeing about it being unfair. Rovers have done this by the book exactly how people wanted it doing after recent fiascos.

I've no problem with the priority order, as I said on my message. The fact is, though, that plenty of non-season ticket holders who have also not been to either Salzburg or Krakow, already have the promise of tickets - just look up the thread a bit. Rovers took application forms in and it appears have given everyone who applied in advance tickets, no matter what their status. They have all either lied about their travel plans or have taken the risk that they will get tickets and booked travel - presumably many were happy to go anyway if they didn't get tickets just for a few days in Amsterdam. I wasn't prepared to risk losing money on travel and so waited until yesterday, when tickets were supposed to go on sale to season ticket holders, and now find it unlikely that I can get any. The process would have been fine and I would have no complaints if all the tickets go to those who have been to Europe this season and season ticket holders, but from reading messages on this thread that isn't the case.

I rang up this morning as I didn't want to book travel and hotel without a promise of tickets and they said that I could put the forms in but they could not guarantee I would get tickets, as they had a lot of applications to process.

Hope you get a ticket, but...

For the rest of us - how good is the atmosphere going to be with 2500 Rovers fans there!!

CAN'T WAIT!!

:brfc:

I was under the impression that the remainder of unsold tickets were to go on open sale today, as indicated on the post by key76. I have just checked on the official site ticket info., and now says that general sale is from Monday.

It states that Season ticket holders and members can purchase from Thursday, so in theory just ring up or call in and they should sell you a ticket in line with those criteria.

However, the whole breakdown of the priority of ticket sales seems a little baffling. No way can they clear 2,000 applications over a period of 4 days.

I think you'll find non-travelling Season Ticket holders had a priority position but that period is now past.

Feyernoord holds 51,000 and about 40,000 are expected for this game so I'd say you are pretty certain to get a ticket.

If I go, it will be very much a last minute decision depending on business commitments.

Edited by philipl

I was under the impression that the remainder of unsold tickets were to go on open sale today, as indicated on the post by key76. I have just checked on the official site ticket info., and now says that general sale is from Monday.

It states that Season ticket holders and members can purchase from Thursday, so in theory just ring up or call in and they should sell you a ticket in line with those criteria.

However, the whole breakdown of the priority of ticket sales seems a little baffling. No way can they clear 2,000 applications over a period of 4 days.

I have rung up and all they can offer is that I put in applications and I may get tickets but they can't promise, because of the outstanding forms they have to process. As you have to have booked travel to put the forms in I run the risk of travel and no tickets, not a risk i am prepared to take.

Not sure you will. I'm in a similar situation - not booked yet and not been to either Salzburg or Krakow, but we are season ticket holders. I rang up this morning as I didn't want to book travel and hotel without a promise of tickets and they said that I could put the forms in but they could not guarantee I would get tickets, as they had a lot of applications to process. I can't afford to spend £350 for two people without being sure of getting tickets so it looks at the moment like we're not going.

It seems a bit frustrating that as season ticket holders we won't go and yet plenty of non-season ticket holders already have tickets, presumably because they were willing to gamble that they would get tickets and booked travel and completed forms early. I don't have any problem with those who went to Salzburg or Krakow having priority but there weren't 2,500 of them.

I would try again with the ticket office. You would still have time to book flights and accomodation, after you find out if you have been successful with your application.

There were still around 500 tickets available a couple of days ago according to Lee.

As you have to have booked travel to put the forms in I run the risk of travel and no tickets, not a risk i am prepared to take.

There are ways round that, with a little bit of initiative. :)

I have rung up and all they can offer is that I put in applications and I may get tickets but they can't promise, because of the outstanding forms they have to process. As you have to have booked travel to put the forms in I run the risk of travel and no tickets, not a risk i am prepared to take.

when qued for the salzburg tickets in person, they didnt even check the travel arrangements on the form etc. May as well have put anything down. Can only assume same thing applies re feyenord?

How many other away games have we all been to that might be a bit 'dangerous' ?

It's all part of the fun, I cant wait, there's nothing better than a good old intensive atmosphere.

It'll remind me of many games in the eighties, much better than the s**t we have to put up with now.

Will, I couldnt agree more!

Perhaps most people cant remember the sneaky away games... mansfield, carlisle, notts county, dingles, portsmouth, hull..........all from the eighties and all of 'em sh*t me up, but what a buzz!

I cant wait to see all those Rovers fans in one place... a bit like Wembley '87!

COME ON YOU BLUES!!

:brfc:

After following the Rovers and England abroad for the past 16 years I know what is the best way to handle the foriegn idiots. Keep your wits about you, dont be silly or brash, and make sure you have a good time.

Probably the same percentage as ours!

I am probably a little more experienced with travelling and working abroad with England, I can answer some fo your questions.

Rovers do not have a hooligan element according to official statistics (I know we do have an idiotic element but really they are not that big a bunch or even amongst the lowest of the hardened hooligans), we are one of the most highly thought of of supporting fans who travel away. In the past 10 years there have only been approx 35 Rovers supporters arrested at away grounds who have been charged with criminal offences, these range from drugs possession, drunk when entering a ground and public order offences, 1 sexual assault and 1 assault police.

With England in the past 6 years I am only personally aware of 5 Rovers supporters who have been arrested away from home and charged with offences relating to football hooliganism, I wont add theft offences etc.

In Austria, apart from the incident at the irish bar I dont recall any antagonism between the travelling fans and theirs. We had a great time.

I would suspect that Will, if your attitude or outlook is just looking out for yourself you will attract a negative response from Dutch hooligans and it is well known that they are planning to attack Rovers supporters. They have a serious idiotic element who will pick on anyone.

My advice is stick in groups of 10 or more, stick to the railway network both before and after and get back to Amsterdam or a safe beer. Amsterdam is ready for Rovers fnas to enjoy, Rotterdam however is ready for a Holland/England face off, its just unfortunate that it Rovers flying the English flag, because believe me, should any of our supporers get involved in fracas, it will be plastered all over the media. it will be the English supporters and NOT the Dutch who get tarred.

Just be safe and have a good time

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.