BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feyenoord 0 Rovers 0

SCF08 - have you seen the mighty Tugay's goal from yesterday??

Yes I've seen it. Was a great goal but he'll never get one like that in De Kuip...IPB Image

Here are our goals from last Saturday when we beat AZ Alkmaar 3-2

http://www.voetbalgoals.nl/frgoals/goals/f...yenoordaz10.wmv

http://www.voetbalgoals.nl/frgoals/goals/f...yenoordaz22.wmv

http://www.voetbalgoals.nl/frgoals/goals/f...yenoordaz32.wmv

Edited by SCF08

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCF08, what's is the general feeling about the likelyhood of there being any violence between the fans on Thursday?

The Feyenoord lads are always up for it so if Blackburn fans are up for it as well , then it's on. If the Blackburn boys are quiet and not screaming at the Feyenoorders , then maybe there will be some very small incidents here and there but absolutely nothing to worry about.

I wish the defences and goalkeepers were as bad as that in the premiership.

I wish the defences and goalkeepers were as bad as that in the premiership.

We were quite lucky because a 19 year old goalkeeper was making his debut for AZ. Their number 1 and 2 goalkeeper was injured... :D

Dutch defenders are not the best but if you would play AZ Alkmaar in the Uefa Cup then you would get absolutely murdered by them. They are a great side....

We're gonna beat you as well on Thursday... English teams only seem to play reasonably in the PL but when they are in international competitions they are useless...

We were quite lucky because a 19 year old goalkeeper was making his debut for AZ. Their number 1 and 2 goalkeeper was injured... :D

Dutch defenders are not the best but if you would play AZ Alkmaar in the Uefa Cup then you would get absolutely murdered by them. They are a great side....

We're gonna beat you as well on Thursday... English teams only seem to play reasonably in the PL but when they are in international competitions they are useless...

did we not beat AZ Alkmaar in Pre Season?

Are Europe form this season is better then our form in the PL so be warned

did we not beat AZ Alkmaar in Pre Season?

Are Europe form this season is better then our form in the PL so be warned

No you didn't play AZ.

Az played away in England against Bolton Wanderers and Az beat Bolton 3-1 on their own turf.

You lost away to Sparta Rotterdam who are just about the worst team in Holland..:)

Edited by SCF08

No you didn't play AZ.

Az played away in England against Bolton Wanderers and Az beat Bolton 3-1 on their own turf.

You lost away to Sparta Rotterdam who are just about the worst team in Holland)

just looked backed at pre season your right, but thats pre season and doesn't mean anything.

without Savage in our side you might have had a chance but with him back i can only see a blackburn win, which will mean we qualify and set off massive celebrations in Holland

You lost away to Sparta Rotterdam who are just about the worst team in Holland..:)

But we beat an international team 5-0, so read in to pre-season matches what you will.

As for English teams not be good in europe, which country was in the CL and Uefa Finals last year?

I don't think we'll be as bad as you think! Do you know much about any of our players?

But we beat an international team 5-0, so read in to pre-season matches what you will.

As for English teams not be good in europe, which country was in the CL and Uefa Finals last year?

I don't think we'll be as bad as you think! Do you know much about any of our players?

I know all of your players and other Premiership players as well. I probably watch more Pl football than most English.

The problem with English teams is that they treat European games different than PL games. All of the English teams play a horrible defensive counter-attacking football tactic in European games while in the PL they play nice and quick tempo football. They are just scared to play proper football and they dont play to their own strenghts.

England is a huge country with ###### loads of money to spend and they just cant seem to win European trophies or play attacking football away from home. Liverpool we're extremely lucky to win the CL a few years back just as Man U but a country like England with all that money should win a trophy every 2/3 years.

The 2 top teams in Holland (PSV and scum) only have about 5 to 7 million pounds to spend max on players every year closely followed by AZ and Feyenoord who only have 3 to 4 million to spend. I guess even Watford or Fulham could spend that kind of money....

And Dutch clubs are not that far off compared English teams in history of European Football.

England : 10 CL wins and 6 Uefa Cups

Holland : 6 CL wins and 4 Uefa Cups

You'll see on Thursday. Your playing one of the worst Feyenoord sides in the last 10 years and we're still gonna win against you guys... :P

I know all of your players and other Premiership players as well. I probably watch more Pl football than most English.

The problem with English teams is that they treat European games different than PL games. All of the English teams play a horrible defensive counter-attacking football tactic in European games while in the PL they play nice and quick tempo football. They are just scared to play proper football and they dont play to their own strenghts.

Your right about the money situation but thats just the world of football!

Who are you most wary of from our team then? and who aren't you worried about in the slightest?

I would say that we don't do that, mainly because we can't. Our defence is shakey at the best of times and the only way we win games is to play attacking football.

Your right about the money situation but thats just the world of football!

Who are you most wary of from our team then? and who aren't you worried about in the slightest?

I would say that we don't do that, mainly because we can't. Our defence is shakey at the best of times and the only way we win games is to play attacking football.

I'm a huge fan of Robbie Savage and offcourse former Feyenoord player Brett Emerton. He was one of the best right-backs ever in our history and he won a Uefa Cup with us in 2002. David Bentley is pretty good as well.

Im not worried about your left-back Gray and left-midfielder Pedersen because they are useless. It's a shame Romeo Castelen is injured for us because he could have been a hero at right wing.

Don't know what everyone's plans are but to start with on weds day/night, i'll be heading for Leidseplein, went there last time and it isn't half bad.

If Rovers fans are going to the Red Light District area then thats only a couple of tram stops up. What is the plan for meeting up weds and thurs?

SCF08: Savage has only just come back from injury but still should be a big influence. Bentley lways raises his gme in europe and normlly scores. Brett is a bit of an enigma, very good at the moment at right back but should be a right midfielder really.

Gray is a squad player really, but he played well in our last game. As for Pedersen he can score the most amazing goals but then mess up a simple pass.

Edited by modes98

Im not worried about your left-back Gray and left-midfielder Pedersen because they are useless.

scf08 i have to agree with you on this point!

you have brought up some interesting facts and good points. i watch quite a lot of dutch football on late night channel 5 tv. (perks of being a student) its fast paced, energetic and the crowds are more passionate than english crowds these days. I also enjoy it more than italian and spanish football because they are boring to watch.

the dangerman for us is tugay! He and savage will overrun and outclass your central midfield. Our goalkeeper friedel is one of the best in the premier league

feyenoord lack the quality of ajax and psv, the best teams in the eredivisie. The eredivisie lacks the quality of the english premier league. On paper we are a better team than feyenoord. You will be in for a shock on thursday night when rovers win comfortably.

Edited by david brent

And Dutch clubs are not that far off compared English teams in history of European Football.

England : 10 CL wins and 6 Uefa Cups

Holland : 6 CL wins and 4 Uefa Cups

Just give us a few years to catch up on time banned from all Euro club football and that ratio will change

The Feyenoord lads are always up for it so if Blackburn fans are up for it as well , then it's on. If the Blackburn boys are quiet and not screaming at the Feyenoorders , then maybe there will be some very small incidents here and there but absolutely nothing to worry about.

Dont forget your picnic hampers Rovers fans :ph34r:

:lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.