BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

Guest roverite1991

Just completed LA Noire. Great new concept and I thoroughly enjoyed it BUT there's something missing and I can't figure out what. Maybe I was looking too much at GTA and RDR as a comparison, but it's a very good game. Takes patience though with the crime scenes. Check what they say against evidence in your book. No evidence? Doubt. Evidence? Lying. Straight face (literally straight and VERY little movement)? Truth. That sort of 'system' for me, meant I only got about a dozen questions wrong in the whole game.

I enjoyed it and would love a sequel of some description, but slightly disappointing ending tbh (I'll not spoil).

• Backroom

I have only played an hour or so of LA Noire and I like it but I was hoping for more of a Free Roam experience, ie go to the cop shop when wanting a new case.

I raise a glass to rockstar though for actually having a colour manual and the badge pursuit challenge negatives are a great idea.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking forward to Duke as well, it's had some pretty grim reviews though. Best leave the past in the past, I'm going to avoid. On the upside I picked up Crysis 2 for 25 quid in Asda - very decent.

I've also resurrected my love for PES - bought a used copy of PES2011 the other day and I have to say once you get into it you realise apart from a few flaws (and just playing offline) it's a cracker, the "become a legend" mode outstrips "Be A Pro" on FFIA in every way as far as I'm concerned. I'll definitely give PES 2012 a good run as a result.

Completed LA Noire. Going back through the missions you get a better idea of how everything fits together. Determined to get my first platinum on this game.

Looking forward to Skyrim, looks excellent

I would be very interested in what you thought about the game I am still struggling through? Don't get me wrong its a good game and I glad I bought the original back in the UK. But I do find the game very repetitive.

Edited by BangkokRover

I would be very interested in what you thought about the game I am still struggling through? Don't get me wrong its a good game and I glad I bought the original back in the UK. But I do find the game very repetitive.

The trouble i have with the game is it's harder to fail than it is to complete.

I thought the game was good, agree with repetitiveness especially the Homocide cases. Hope they bring some of the facial technology to GTAV.

Its all in the eyes really, generally if they look to the side they will be lying/doubt. Generally I would say they are lying which may then lead to a different question being asked to the original. If you have evidence present otherwise just go back and doubt them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I've enjoyed it so far but find little time for games at the minute so only a few hours in

I did get a 3ds for my birthday though which seems a nice enough bit of kit

Also I picked up Enslaved for £8 or so and really impressed with the opening couple of levels, very polished

Edited by TCO

Been playing Zelda Ocarina of time of the 3DS. Totally amazing, I never played this back in the day, but already I can see why it is regarded by many as one of the best games ever made. The 3D works really well and the game is at times beautiful. Highly recommended :)

• Backroom

I have had to turn the 3d right down on zelda, I keep getting a double vision type effect on it.

Still even in 2d its amazing and is pretty much the reason I bought the system, as soon as I heard the ocarina again on the advert I was sold.

Loved it back in the day and love it now.

Just ordered PES for the 3ds should be interesting

I have had to turn the 3d right down on zelda, I keep getting a double vision type effect on it.

Still even in 2d its amazing and is pretty much the reason I bought the system, as soon as I heard the ocarina again on the advert I was sold.

Loved it back in the day and love it now.

Just ordered PES for the 3ds should be interesting

As strange as it sounds, your eyes can take a while to get used to the 3D. I started with the slider down quite low and found over time, I could turn it up more and more. The 3D effect seems to get better as time goes on. Though I find when I'm tired I have to turn 3D off altogther. As you say though Zelda is lovely even without 3D.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...