BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

Sorry about that, the Fallout 4 comment made me assume you'd finished it - it's a pretty old game. The story is so appalling, I've never considered it spoiler-worthy. I'll be more considerate in future.

Just Cause 2 is in a different league. It has a lot of similarities - set on a tropical island where you take over enemy strongholds - but it's much bigger, more varied and is pretty funny in places. There's a GTA / Crackdown vibe to it. One of my favourite games ever.

I think I'm in the minority for not liking Far Cry 3. Loads of people say it's a great game, but that just makes me hate it even more.

Rhodes just got smashed up by a monster in Sim City, and Shebby has stopped sending me electricity.

• 4 weeks later...

You've absolutely got to try Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons, which is a downloadable game on the Xbox and coming soon to PC and PS3.

It's about two kids who go off on adventure to find a cure for their dying dad. You control them simultaneously, one with each thumbstick, which is pretty unusual and works well. But it's the story that makes it really fantastic, even though there's no text and the voice acting is in some made-up language. It brought a tear to my eye at the end, and I'm the kind of hardened cynical bugger who laughed when Leo finally slipped under the water in Titanic (apologies for the spoiler there).

The director is a Swedish filmmaker, and the storytelling and artwork are beautiful. It's about three hours long, so very much like a film. Don't look at any reviews, just try it - it's possibly the most moving videogame I've ever played.

Edited by M-K

Really good deal for PC gamers: https://www.humblebundle.com/?originbundle

That's Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Crysis 2, Mirrors Edge, Medal of Honor, Burnout Paradise, The Sims 3 and Battlefield 3 for around $5.

If anyone wants a free copy of Crysis 2, Battlefield 3 or Mirrors Edge, let me know. I've already got those, so you're welcome to them.

Edited by M-K

• 2 weeks later...

Don't really get much time to game any more, but I will be making time (somehow) for GTA V, it looks amazing!

... and on Kamy's suggestion, I've created a BRFCS crew (because multi-player limited to people from here is waaaaaay better than the usual smack talking idiot-fest that xbox live normally is).

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/brfcs_dot_com

Don't really get much time to game any more, but I will be making time (somehow) for GTA V, it looks amazing!

... and on Kamy's suggestion, I've created a BRFCS crew (because multi-player limited to people from here is waaaaaay better than the usual smack talking idiot-fest that xbox live normally is).

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/brfcs_dot_com

You are joking right? You have read this board?

Completed Bioshock Infinite a couple of days ago, very enjoyable and very wierd but excellent plot and great characters, looking forward to the DLC set in Rapture before it all went tits up.

Currently playing Metro: Last Light enjoying it to say I'm not a huge fan of linear shooters.

Waiting for Final Fantasy XIV: A realm reborn for my MMO fix for a few months till I get fed up again.

Shameless plug:

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is out soon. It's pretty much the last hurrah of LEGO games on current gen as well as being available for the next gen consoles when they launch. I know they've had their critics but i'm sure those who have kids that played the LEGO games would agree that they contain a lot of fun.

There is a lot more on offer this time with loads of characters from marvel. If any of you guys have kids that have enjoyed LEGO games in the past then I would urge you to check out this one when it's out. Plus this one features Stan Lee and Agent Coulson from Avengers :)

• Moderation Lead

I get paid Friday, and it's safe to assume that despite a recent house move, and all that goes with that, I'll make room for GTA- the series of games is superb IMO. San Andreas being one of my favourite games ever made.

The breadth and scope of GTA5 is unlike anything I've seen. Assuming this is the PS3 and Xbox360 pushed to their limits I can't quite get my head around what the PS4 and Xbox One are going to be capable of.

It's incredible, isn't it? I've no idea how they've got that level of performance out of eight-year-old consoles. It's so densely packed, too, and the little details are fantastic - like your character taking out the garbage in the morning when you load up a save.

I've just been pottering around, soaking up the scenery, shooting dogs on the beach, that sort of thing.