BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

Next game on the horizon for me is the new TMNT game, Mutants in Manhattan.

I'll probably get Doom when it gets to sub £25.

I rarely buy games at full price to be honest. As i had a voucher, got it for £37 new.

That turtles game looks like it could be fun, i bought transformers devastation which looks similar (hack and slash type game) I thought that was enjoyable, even if it was just for nostalgia moments.

• Moderation Lead

Anyone got uncharted 4? Im tempted, but may wait for the 2nd hand market.

I must admit I've liked all of the games in the uncharted series and I'll have a do at this as well. Not had chance to play it yet, might have a go at the demo...

I rarely buy games at full price to be honest. As i had a voucher, got it for £37 new.

That turtles game looks like it could be fun, i bought transformers devastation which looks similar (hack and slash type game) I thought that was enjoyable, even if it was just for nostalgia moments.

How is Doom anyway?

It's pretty good so far.

It's made by Bethesda so it encourages exploring for rewards. I am expecting some kind of game breaking bug in there somewhere.

Ultimately it's action packed and encourages you to be basically as brutal as possible. The Gory kills guarantee a health drop so you pretty much charge through a horde of enemies shooting and smashing everything in sight. There's also the inclusion or the classic Doom chainsaw for extra brutality.

You can upgrade weapons and armour and I've just come across an upgrade for health/armour/ammo capacity.

I can only see both the enemies and my guns getting bigger (BFG 9000 anyone?) Which is something to look forward to.

Won't be much in the way of story line I can't imagine, aside from what you'd expect.

I haven't played a FPS for a while so I'm quite enjoying it so far.

Edited by davulsukur

• 2 weeks later...

Loving Doom so far, haven't played the multi (which I've heard aint that great) yet but the single player is really good, Doing a level a night which feels like a good pace to play it at.

Also getting into Elite Dangerous a bit on the Xbox One, recent ai buff has caused some controversy in the community though.

Blood and Wine the final DLC for the Witcher 3 is out, will be downloading that at some point soon. Might start a whole new play-through first, man it's a fantastic game.

• Like 1

I finished Doom last night. Will play it through again for sure. Really enjoyed it but I grew up playing the original so i guess I'm a little bit biased.

The Witcher is also a class game, I'll be getting blood and wine but like yourself, I'll play it through again first, I started before I bought Doom, so might get back on it tonight.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Finally jumped in on a ps4 last week - I know it's terrible timing but £274 with doom, ratchet, uncharted 4 and cod 3 was too good to turn down. Traded doom and cod for just shy of £60 credit which I'll put towards VR.

One reason I've been intending to get a ps4 was Until Dawn, started it tonight and it seems brilliant; sadly I know a spoiler but I'm hoping it doesn't take too much away from it!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally jumped in on a ps4 last week - I know it's terrible timing but £274 with doom, ratchet, uncharted 4 and cod 3 was too good to turn down. Traded doom and cod for just shy of £60 credit which I'll put towards VR.

One reason I've been intending to get a ps4 was Until Dawn, started it tonight and it seems brilliant; sadly I know a spoiler but I'm hoping it doesn't take too much away from it!

I finally switched from my old PS3 to an Xbox One. Bloody hell, i see now they releasing the Xbox One S.. oh well, i dont play much anyway, and my kids birthday is soon, so i bought it for him as a present. any good Xbox One games guys?

Built a gaming PC last year, so I've been shunning the console scene a little. Was thinking of buying a PS4 for the exclusives (Bloodborne, Uncharted 4) but might as well wait now for the PS4 Neo.

• Like 1

Mainly for him. He likes minecraft and this plants vs zombies thing. Anything else?

I enjoyed Transformers: Devastation (I'm guessing its aimed at kids!)

Depends what he's into really, the lego games are good from what I've experienced.Theres Disney infinity which covers a few different themes (I think)

Mainly for him. He likes minecraft and this plants vs zombies thing. Anything else?

How old is he?

Agreed on the lego games, good fun, not too hard and you could probably pick up some of the older releases for not much money (as a taster)

How old is he?

Agreed on the lego games, good fun, not too hard and you could probably pick up some of the older releases for not much money (as a taster)

he is turning 7.. He is quite smart and like i said he enjoys Minecraft. So he seems to be enjoying the whole strategy type of thing by the looks of things. He does have the Lego games on PS3.

he is turning 7.. He is quite smart and like i said he enjoys Minecraft. So he seems to be enjoying the whole strategy type of thing by the looks of things. He does have the Lego games on PS3.

Theres terraria which is like minecraft and the skylanders stuff is very popular too.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...