BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

Anyone seen Tom Clancys Hawx?

Iv downloaded the demo and I really like it. Always thought there was room for a good fighter plan game out there and this looks like being the one.

The Citys had to be that accurate that the game makers got NASA to do it for them.

I played the demo and did enjoy it but thought Ace Combat on the PS2 was better (I think they brought a version of that out for the 360)

If it ever drops in price I think I will pick it up but I will not pay £40 for it.

Just played the demo of 'Watchman' my word is it bad.......really bad.

Normally I would go into detail and describe it but I am not aloud to swear on here and it hurts just to think about it so I can't.

Lets play a new game - download and play the watchman demo. Whoever manages to play it the longest is the winner. I think I managed 3 minutes before I started crying.

Just played the demo of 'Watchman' my word is it bad.......really bad.

Normally I would go into detail and describe it but I am not aloud to swear on here and it hurts just to think about it so I can't.

Lets play a new game - download and play the watchman demo. Whoever manages to play it the longest is the winner. I think I managed 3 minutes before I started crying.

A BAD game/movie tie in????

SURELY you must be mistaken!! :rover:

Yes but we can all remember Goldeneye with fond memories and hope that one day one might break the mold again.

Indeed (although the Chronicles of Riddick game wasn't too shabby either) - it's just a shame they only come along once every blue moon. I never get excited when they announce a "Game of a Movie" as I'm old enough to have bought a copy of "E.T. : The Extra Terrestrial" on the Atari - I kind of judge movie (film) games on that so I'm never dissappointed but by the sounds of it "Watchman" is a serious contender...

Still, quite looking forward to Ghostbusters.

Played a couple more demo's last night:-

Wanted

Another movie/game combo. Its kind of like Dark Sector but not as good (many people didn't like Dark Sector but I did) It feels very clunky. The movie specializes in what you do with your gun and you can use a gun in the game but it seems pointless when you can just run up to someone - press circle and they are done with - not very impressed.

WWF Legends of Wrestlemainia.

First of all lets get one thing straight - I don't like Wrestling (unless it involves chicks and a paddling pool of mud) but oddly when I played the old Smackdown games on the PS2 I couldn't put the dam thing down. I would sit through hours going through a season in it and I have no idea why - it was just very addictive (lost interest when they started getting too clever in later versions with the controls)

Now onto this game. There is something not quite right about it. It kind of feels like a very very very early build of the game - normally this would be fine but it comes out in a couple of weeks so I doubt it. The crowd are would you believe just pixels sometimes and the characters feel very very sluggish (I was playing as Andrie the Giant so this could actually be a true representation I guess) The only buttons used are the four face buttons too but your hits and throws don't even feel like they are connecting properly. The screen colour keeps flashing or changing tint aswell and I have no idea why - it kind of happens when you through the guy. If they are trying to make out that its the camera flashes from the crowd then it just doesn't work. Poor effort.

Glad I have Street Fighter and Killzone to cuddle up to for the next couple of months.

• Backroom

See I am a big wrestling fan (I know, I know) and I have mixed feeling about LoW, it's just about perfect until the bell rings.

The engine isn't great and I don't like the controls but I may buy it when cheap just for the Relive mode.

I know this is more "Recent" than "New" but I just have to say DEAD SPACE is amazing.

I picked it up at blockbuster on pre owned - it's the most atmospheric and scary game I've played. The ambient sound effects are terrifying. I'm up to chapter 3 and although I've heard it's a bit short it was well worth the £17.00 pre owned price.

I'm waiting for Fight Night round 4 and this is keeping me going (I also picked up "Orange Box" for £12.00 but haven't been able to tear myself away from Dead Space yet).

For me, it beats Bioshock comfortably - it's a graphical and audio masterpiece and gives a real sense of claustrophobia. Controls are very easy to master and the story keeps you playing one more level.

Top notch - highly recommended if like me your sat around waiting for new games.

I agree that this years games line up looks excellent.

Been playing Killzone quite alot lately after playing Cod Waw to death and I have to say it is an excellent game which gets better online as you progress and unlock badges and weapons etc. I haven't completed the single player side of things as I've been busy setting up my clan (DSpx) ready for tournaments.

I am not that keen on RE5 as the demo felt too clunky imo, I probabley will still buy it when I have games to trade in but I'm happy with KZ2 for now. Not played Hawx yet but I agree that Ace combat on the ps2 was an excellent game so I may look into this. I heard mixed reviews about Socom as I know a few lads who were on the beta and there were so many issues online that it put them off. Socom were my favourite games on the ps2 though and a couple of my clan members have been enjoying it although they said it is hard to get to grips with at 1st due to the controls.

I am really looking forward to Uncharted 2 as the first one is still the best game I've played on the ps3 imo. Also ghostbusters looks fun.

Edited by 4ever&ever

I asked this same question sometime last year, but is there any news on a release of EA cricket for the ps3 this year. A few people posted to say they would probably release one for the ashes series but surely there would of been news of it by now?

I know cricket games are probably not a top seller, but I really enjoyed the old PS2 versions.

Played a couple of Vin Diesel demos:-

Wheelman - it looks awful - the acting in it is awful (actually just like the real Vin Diesel then) however I played the demo three times before putting it down because the gameplay was actually very enjoyable. The cars go where you want which is obviously very important in a driving game and there are some very nice touches like car jacking where you fly out of your car like superman and into the one your tailing - freshens thins up a bit and gives it a very arcade feel (even if it totally ripped it off from pursuit force on the psp) It feels like a PSN or XBOX live title though and I wouldn't part with £30 for it. One I may pluck from the bargain bin in the future though - an unexpected surprise.

Riddick - run of the mill FPS game. Feels dated when you stand it next to Killzone/Cod 4 and the like (to be honest I am sure it was out on the original xbox) Nothing to say about it really - may be worth a £10 purchase on a rainy sunday afternoon.

Riddick - run of the mill FPS game. Feels dated when you stand it next to Killzone/Cod 4 and the like (to be honest I am sure it was out on the original xbox) Nothing to say about it really - may be worth a £10 purchase on a rainy sunday afternoon.

Riddick is ace! The demo shows nothing. On Xbox it was years ahead of its time. Give it a chance, this is basically a HD remake with an expansion pack thrown in.

It's brilliantly atmospheric, it's the only FP game where stealth and hand-to-hand combat is as good as guns, it has the most satisfying final level of any game I've played and it's also Vin Diesel's best acting performance.

If you write it off because it's not another whizz-bang shooting gallery like COD, you're completely missing the point of one of the best, most original first person games ever made.