BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

15 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Deffo need to finish it when you get some time mate, the last few 'chapters' are what tips it to my favourite game I've ever played, and I've played a lot of games.

Can't recommend the DLC enough either. Blood and Wine is a fantastic addition to the story and was longer than most games released these days, around 40 hours or so.

I know, I really need to, but then there is GOW , Resident evil 2...I wouldn't even attempt to start Red dead as I don't have the time 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I know, I really need to, but then there is GOW , Resident evil 2...I wouldn't even attempt to start Red dead as I don't have the time 

Yep, GOW and Red Dead are masterpieces too.

Red dead is the most enjoyable/intriguing game I've played from a purely story point of view. People say it's slow which it is to start with, but it's timed impeccably when it all kicks off. If it was a film it'd be the best I've seen for a long time!

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Everyone says it's slow!!!!!

Have any of you played Dark souls/Bloodborne? They are the opposite of a slow game. Breakneck. I don't know if I would like RDR. 

I've played Bloodbourne yes. Red dead 2 can't really be compared to anything I've played before. It's rewriting what you expect from an open world game, typical of Rockstar. People who use the slowness as a bad thing are probably so used to GTA where you can aim in and out with auto aim and wipe out 50 men by yourself, doesn't work the same on RDR2!

7 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I've played Bloodbourne yes. Red dead 2 can't really be compared to anything I've played before. It's rewriting what you expect from an open world game, typical of Rockstar. People who use the slowness as a bad thing are probably so used to GTA where you can aim in and out with auto aim and wipe out 50 men by yourself, doesn't work the same on RDR2!

How far did you get in Bloodborne? :)

Ah, i will certainly try RD at some point 

• Moderation Lead

I think it’s because I’ve always approached games with shooting like Arnold Schwarzenegger in ‘80s films tbh...In any event, I’ll get Red Dead finished by end of next week hopefully.

It really is a cracking game.

Edited by K-Hod

On 10/01/2019 at 15:30, Bigdoggsteel said:

Have any of you played Dark souls/Bloodborne? They are the opposite of a slow game. Breakneck. I don't know if I would like RDR. 

The ironic thing about "Soulsborne" is that for all its unforgiving difficulty, they are surprisingly easy to pick up and play.

• Like 1

Uncharted 4 is actually painful to play at times. The pacing is appalling and not having a sprint button is frankly criminal. The graphics are class and at times the gameplay jumping sections are brilliant, but not enough. In other games the shooting sections were my least favorite part. In this one I actually look forward to them. The worst thing is the fact they ave tried to make it less linear, means way too often I am confused about where I should and can go. In some cases ledges cannot be jumped to, whereas in other instances identical looking areas need to be traversed. 

Can games reviews be trusted at all? It got 9s across the board. It is certainly the worst of 2,3 and 4. 

i am about 12 chapters in. I will finish it. I just hope it picks up. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Played the Resident evil 2 demo on PS4 last night. I would say it is ok. More closely resembles the original 2, than say 4 or 5. I understand why they did that, but I think I wanted a more action based shooter like 4 or 5. It's basically the perfect version of 2. Its suspenseful, but I'm not convinced on some of the mechanics.   I would say the demo hasn't made it "must buy" for me. I loved the original. 

21 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Played the Resident evil 2 demo on PS4 last night. I would say it is ok. More closely resembles the original 2, than say 4 or 5. I understand why they did that, but I think I wanted a more action based shooter like 4 or 5. It's basically the perfect version of 2. Its suspenseful, but I'm not convinced on some of the mechanics.   I would say the demo hasn't made it "must buy" for me. I loved the original. 

4 and 5 were great fun.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2019 at 14:16, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was going to buy a VR, glad I didn't. I don't have the time and I don't think the games are where they can be yet. There is a VR arcade near where I work. They have the Rift I think it is. Played Arizona sunshine, pretty fun. The Batman VR was cool, but limited. It will be amazing the day we (well maybe not even in our team) can play GTA or Red dead in VR.

At the moment I am playing Uncharted 4 and Dark souls 3. Uncharted is the worst of the series, amazing graphics, but awful pacing. I am bogged down in the final third now stranded on an island. I find it painful.

Dark souls is cool, but I love all those games. It's not as good as Bloodborne, but then again, what is? 

We need Halliday to create the oasis.

On 10/01/2019 at 14:28, Mellor Rover said:

The Witcher 3 ;)

Amazing game but somewhat depressing that Geralt gets laid more than I do.

It's on my list to play again.

On 22/01/2019 at 18:45, davulsukur said:

We need Halliday to create the oasis.

Amazing game but somewhat depressing that Geralt gets laid more than I do.

It's on my list to play again.

All about the ‘New Game Plus’ option.

• Backroom

Game Collection are doing Final Fantasy XV for £6.95, so figured I might as well pick it up at that price. Not sure I'll play it but I have all the others (excluding 11 & 14, but imv MMO's don't even count as official FF titles) so thought I might as well grab this one too. Maybe it'll surprise me. 

Just now, DE. said:

Game Collection are doing Final Fantasy XV for £6.95, so figured I might as well pick it up at that price. Not sure I'll play it but I have all the others (excluding 11 & 14, but imv MMO's don't even count as official FF titles) so thought I might as well grab this one too. Maybe it'll surprise me. 

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it. I played around 10 hours 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it. I played around 10 hours 

I'm not expecting much, but sometimes that's the best way to approach something. When I was a kid I wanted "WCW Vs the World" for Christmas, but instead got FF7. Being an uninformed idiot I was pretty confused and disappointed. Turns out FF7 was one of the best games of all time, whilst WCW Vs the World... wasn't. Granted, I'm not expecting FFXV to come close to FF7, but I may enjoy it. For £7 it's worth a shot. Game Collection are also doing Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom for £9.95, which is supposed to be very good. Might pick that up too. Why not. It's payday on Monday so it's all good. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

I'm not expecting much, but sometimes that's the best way to approach something. When I was a kid I wanted "WCW Vs the World" for Christmas, but instead got FF7. Being an uninformed idiot I was pretty confused and disappointed. Turns out FF7 was one of the best games of all time, whilst WCW Vs the World... wasn't. Granted, I'm not expecting FFXV to come close to FF7, but I may enjoy it. For £7 it's worth a shot. Game Collection are also doing Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom for £9.95, which is supposed to be very good. Might pick that up too. Why not. It's payday on Monday so it's all good. 

I enjoyed the first Ni no Kuni a lot. Reminded me of old school FF. Did you play it? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Backroom

I enjoyed the first Ni no Kuni a lot. Reminded me of old school FF. Did you play it? 

I downloaded it on my PS3 when it was on sale for something like £3 a few months ago. Unfortunately it's one of a worryingly large number of games I haven't gotten around to playing yet. I've got so many now. VR games, steam games, PS4 games, PS3 games, 360 games, not to mention a shedload of retro games that I really want to get through. Yet despite this I KEEP BUYING MORE. :wacko:

• Like 1

• Backroom

That just means my money will start to disappear on things I don't enjoy instead :lol: I'll give this junk collecting a little more time before resorting to extreme measures!

Initial thoughts on FFXV from the first twenty minutes or so including tutorial...

- it's very Final Fantasy, which is both good and bad. 

- not my preferred choice of combat system, but I guess I'll get used to it. Still prefer turn based.

- it's cool that the game allows you to select Japanese VA and English subs. I still have vivid memories of when you were forced to have English VA or nothing.

- graphics are extremely impressive, especially in the cutscenes.

- loading times are longer than I expected.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DE. said:

That just means my money will start to disappear on things I don't enjoy instead :lol: I'll give this junk collecting a little more time before resorting to extreme measures!

Initial thoughts on FFXV from the first twenty minutes or so including tutorial...

- not my preferred choice of combat system, but I guess I'll get used to it. Still prefer turn based.

- it's cool that the game allows you to select Japanese VA and English subs. I still have vivid memories of when you were forced to have English VA or nothing.

The combat system ruined it for me. Button bashing rubbish. Why not just have turn based 

• Backroom

The combat system ruined it for me. Button bashing rubbish. Why not just have turn based 

Yeah I really struggle to get used to this system. Part of the reason I loved Persona 5 was that the combat was turn based. I started playing Final Fantasy Type 0 a while back, the story is supposed to be pretty good but again... real time combat system. It just doesn't work for me. Not how it's done in FF games, anyway. 

On 26/01/2019 at 11:44, DE. said:

On 26/01/2019 at 19:55, Bigdoggsteel said:

I really enjoyed FF15. The loading times suck but I got used to them in the end.

Again, I actually enjoyed the combat system as well. You can't button bash your way through it, You need to evade/counter.

The summons are very impressive, the let down being that they are random but they can bail you out when you need it.

I recently finished it for the second time but armed with more knowledge, I enjoyed it even more second time around.