BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

el tombre, dont like downloading games onto my laptop, dont want the harddrive to scew up, just paid £1000 for this laptop, want to keep it running smooth.

Think ET means download off xbox store (or whatever it is called) rather than to the laptop.

Besides it would take a hardware fail for the hd to stop working as virus can always be removed

can anyone tell me if dead island is any good? been unsure wether to buy it, some people say its garbage, others say its the best game they have played. i own an xbox 360 by the way.

Dead Island in my opinion is fantastic, there are alot of hours in this game, im upto 30 hours in and ive got a lot of things left to do. The Co-op in my experience is seamless as well, especially now they have patched it. People can join you as you go through the game without any freezing or lag issues. Its just really good fun.

why is Dead Island so bloody expensive? £47.99 almost everywhere I went in Preston yesterday, and that was for the normal edition

maybe it was the special edition, just sold in the wrong box, found it on t'internet now for 37.99

Edited by eddiewac

Has anybody played the Battlefield 3 Beta demo?

Bit glitchy but it's bloody good.

Yep. The map they've chosen is a bit 'call-of-duty-ish' (not a good thing!), and it's not hardcore mode (which is by far the best way to play any FPS IMO) but other than that it bodes well. Provided they sort the glitch where I keep falling through the bloody ground! :blink:

Yep. The map they've chosen is a bit 'call-of-duty-ish' (not a good thing!), and it's not hardcore mode (which is by far the best way to play any FPS IMO) but other than that it bodes well. Provided they sort the glitch where I keep falling through the bloody ground! :blink:

Agree on the map thing, it's all pretty much run forawd all guns blazing, there's no chance to try out sniping.

Hardcore mode would propably put me off, Am crap at shooters, i prety much panic when i see an enemy and usually waste a full clip shooting around the target.

Agree on the map thing, it's all pretty much run forawd all guns blazing, there's no chance to try out sniping.

Hardcore mode would propably put me off, Am crap at shooters, i prety much panic when i see an enemy and usually waste a full clip shooting around the target.

Also noticed last night that it's almost impossible to squad up using headsets on the beta.

I find hardcore mode easier, because you're not having to look at what's happening in front of you PLUS at a small map in the corner of the screen. Yes you get ambushed sometimes, but equally you can ambush others. Much better for collecting those dogtags too! :tu:

Just pre-ordered the limited edition on gamestation, not sure of the difference between that and the standard edition but it was the same price (£40).

Not going to cane the beta as I want to save myself for the full game, can't wait to see the vehicles and am glad they didn't add them in the beta as it gives us something to look forward to.

Which classes have you guys been playing and what you reckon to them?, I've been playing assualt as it includes medic abilities, haven't tried the other classes.

Just pre-ordered the limited edition on gamestation, not sure of the difference between that and the standard edition but it was the same price (£40).

Not going to cane the beta as I want to save myself for the full game, can't wait to see the vehicles and am glad they didn't add them in the beta as it gives us something to look forward to.

Which classes have you guys been playing and what you reckon to them?, I've been playing assualt as it includes medic abilities, haven't tried the other classes.

If you preorder the limited edition you get a code for extra downloadable maps (I think!).

Having come from BC2 the classes are a bit confusing so far. Assault with medipacks?!

Like you I've had a few goes on the beta but an waiting for the full version before getting stuck in properly. Some are hammering it though - got killed by a rank 38 on Sunday night - how much have some of these people been playing it??!?

Some are hammering it though - got killed by a rank 38 on Sunday night - how much have some of these people been playing it??!?

Haha, I noticed a few really high levels playing it second day after beta also, I think some of them may have been playing on the closed beta before because there's no way they could get to that level so quickly.

Just bought Dark Souls on the 360. This game is HARD!!!! It's strangely keeps you going back for more but I just don't think I have the spare time to persevere.

Any serious gamers want a REAL rewarding challenge - this is it. On the surface it just looks like an RPG but it's pure difficulty is, bizarrely, it's greatest strength. It's tagline is "Prepare to Die" - says it all.

• Backroom

This is typical, 3 games I really want are Skyrim, U3 and Arkham City, why do they all have to come around the same time. I also will have to get Saints Row the third plus have a huge backlog at present.

• Like 1